Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 04/07/15 Onward - Heat & Plumes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Sky looking very stormy out to my west and s west ,A line of activity moving east ,just hope it continues to intensify .

i,v taken my eyes off the weather game today so anything that pops up will be a bonus .

i,v just checked the truckers channel and some very hvy rain falling in cornwall ,cheers .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

We're still stuck under very high clag here. No convection and any rainfall is gone before it hits the ground. That said last Wednesday I'd given up and was watching the ten o'clock news when I suddenly saw distant lightning........... I'll make sure to keep my radar up for later!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

someone's having quite a big bonfire in France (-:

http://www.sat24.com/zoomloop.aspx?ir=false&region=eu&lat=49&lon=-2

The line of fire (thunderstorms) for us seems to be NE ish from where it is now http://www.sat24.com/en/eu

quite unexpected - nice

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Im thinking widespread mammatus clouds are quite rare? I always have them down as one of the more special clouds! Not sure what bearing they have on the storm front either as they are usualy associated with sinking air? we need the air to be lifting :p

I've seen Mammatus outside a CB setting, they hang on to other clouds too. But I've just seen some outside too...what a bizarre evening it is. It's very humid and warm here - I'd go for it being a far more classic t-storm evening than last Friday! Beautiful to just sit out and watch the clouds.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

I've seen Mammatus outside a CB setting, they hang on to other clouds too. But I've just seen some outside too...what a bizarre evening it is. It's very humid and warm here - I'd go for it being a far more classic t-storm evening than last Friday! Beautiful to just sit out and watch the clouds.

Yes its been a good afternoon for cloud watching, its a very busy sky with all sorts of types on show!

Fingers crossed for later :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Lots of mamma here too. Very strange weather this evening: the wind is now SSE and there is a mix of clouds with virga and mamma along with AcCas round and about. A bit windier in the last hour and the temp has now dropped to 21.6°C. Pretty warm for this time of night with an ever increasing humidity.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Getting dark and overcast here! I can hear constant rumbling but I dont know if its thunder or planes.

post-14889-0-61461200-1436554486_thumb.j

Edited by Jonathan Lang

Posted

Getting dark and overcast here! I can hear constant rumbling but I dont know if its thunder or planes.

its the planes seeding the clouds so the rain falls before the thunder can get going  :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Agreed with the Yorkshire ( and France) lass in that it is a pearler for sitting out and just watching. Shorts and vest here and a nice S.A. Merlot to keep me hydrated! Sadly I think it'll be another long night as , a.t.m., there's not a lot going on......... but this incessant rise in humidity must lead to summat esp. if a cold front is meant to plough through?

Posted

Of course, the storms that were coming this way have died to be replaced by a storm in the channel too far away to hear or see anything from..

Edit: spoke too soon, thunder!

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Somewhat unstable-looking sky outside here in Bucks. Few strikes been recorded just off the south-west I see, wonder if anything will happen later. Surely it's not going to be a repeat of last Friday!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Just had a couple of light rain showers with a few good rumbles of thunder especially to my SE but also one nearly overhead. No lightning seen though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Didn't expect thunderstorms in the South West this evening!  Had 5 rumbles of thunder, 3 near-overhead, and seen some impressive cloud-to-cloud lightning, within a cloud that, to me, didn't look much like a cumulonimbus, making the lightning particularly unexpected.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Had some very interesting looking skies today, and now some mammatus overhead.

15rfy3c.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes, snow, thunder, hot heat, ice cold, etc

skies here looking rather stormy, also had some impressive mammatas a little while ago, feeling very humid this evening, wasnt expecting anything but the skies made me check up and look what we have :) ok ok so its a small possibility that something may make it here, but a possibility is better than nothing right  :D  :bomb:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

The BBC didn't see these coming. I thought it was going to be patchy light rain!

Posted

My God!! That'd bloody wicked!!! Saw some early where has this instability come from and how have those t storms popped up and missed all the Forecasts?

Not necessarily all the forecasts, 0z ECMWF picked up on the elevated shower/t-storm risk earlier today and seems to be going more or less to it's plan this evening. But often models will struggle with destabilising the mid-levels, but credit where due UKV and EURO4 all having a stab at developing mid-level convection. GFS seems to be poorest thus far...

• Like 2

Not necessarily all the forecasts, 0z ECMWF picked up on the elevated shower/t-storm risk earlier today and seems to be going more or less to it's plan this evening. But often models will struggle with destabilising the mid-levels, but credit where due UKV and EURO4 all having a stab at developing mid-level convection. GFS seems to be poorest thus far...

Sweet cheers bud! Been ill all day so not been able to look :)

Posted

earlier the bbc graphics showed the shower/thundery stuff developing over  north wales , irsh sea, nw england then moving up through yorkshire into ne england,  same as last friday,   but we know southern central parts, east midlands,  lincolshire got the cream

whats betting it pans out similar, ie bigger storms in the areas not under the original thunder forecasts , its always the same,