Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Ed Stone

Storm & Convective Discussion - 04/07/15 Onward - Heat & Plumes

Had to go to North Walsham in Norfolk today and intercepted a squall line on the way :)

It was quick but pretty reasonable..

post-7331-0-91120800-1436309047_thumb.jp

post-7331-0-60822000-1436309058_thumb.jp

Edited by Greenday

Had to go to North Walsham in Norfolk today and intercepted a squall line on the way :)

Nice, thanks for posting.

Only thing missing right at the end was the Eastenders theme tune lol. Very April shower like today, temperatures to match. Edited by fazer76

Any chance of some storms or rain down south? We are suffering...

post-12648-0-36450800-1436335050_thumb.j

A nice batch of showers now developing and pushing south into Yorkshire. Ill be keeping my eye on them over the next few hours. Hoping for a rumble or two of thunder again today. The ingredients are there!

Absolutely slinging it down in this part of South Yorkshire (Hatfield), right now.. Beginning to wish I'd stayed in the US..

Anybody out there? Gone a bit quiet in here :unknw:

Any potential coming up over the next week for anything lively? 

Anybody out there? Gone a bit quiet in here :unknw:

Any potential coming up over the next week for anything lively? 

Carol Kirkwood did mention on the BBC breakfast forecast of Thunderstorms for Northern England and Southern Scotland For Tomorrow perhaps somebody else could shed light on

Carol Kirkwood did mention on the BBC breakfast forecast of Thunderstorms for Northern England and Southern Scotland For Tomorrow perhaps somebody else could shed light on

Ive been following this for a few days now and the GFS still showing CAPE values around 600-800J/Kg and Li -4. These storms have the potential to unleash large amounts of rain as they'll be slow moving in a slack southerly wind.

post-5386-0-73825200-1436431271_thumb.pn

post-5386-0-46122000-1436431505_thumb.pn

Some video, that. And I think my list of Italian expletives has grown considerably, too! :D

Not UK related but footage of a large tornado near to Venice, Italy - taken yesterday afternoon I believe.

http://thevane.gawker.com/video-appears-to-show-italians-terrifying-encounter-wit-1716580804

I notice the accompanying script says no mention in media. Plenty of reports and ESL confirmation here.

4xnNcHT.png

http://www.eswd.eu/

I notice the accompanying script says no mention in media. Plenty of reports and ESL confirmation here.

4xnNcHT.png

http://www.eswd.eu/

Thanks for that. It looks a serious storm by all accounts.

Back to the UK, there does look to be a risk of some thunderstorms tomorrow evening in the NE of England and SE of Scotland. It is a small zone but in that zone the forecast CAPE is up to 500j/kg on GFS and although 20 knots of wind shear is not a great deal it could be enough to allow for some organisation, particularly along a line of wind convergence which seems to form over the North Pennines and then shift NE towards the coast.

Euro4 is offering up around an inch of rain between 6pm and midnight tomorrow evening in the NE.

Chance of a storm or two in the north west tomorrow eve ,not very exciting though :(....

another clip of the manchester area megastorm in the distance on the first of july filmed from the peak district , (not my vid) 

What a great video that is. Maybe ill get to see a storm again tomorrow night. BBC weather seems to think theres a chance from Yorkshire northwards!

Nice vids Scott. What software do you use to edit your vids btw? Is it free. I want to edit my storm vid from the 4th to cut out the black and just focus on the lighning lol

the heats back tommorrow, and the chance of a storm or two in the north too  , more for eastern side of pennines , but this side has a chance , but feel this might be just the breeding area

Some interesting clouds around this morning, lots of Ac and also a very significant line of Ac Cas to my SW. A bit bizarre to say the air isn't unstable...

Some interesting clouds around this morning, lots of Ac and also a very significant line of Ac Cas to my SW. A bit bizarre to say the air isn't unstable...

It is unstable though William with fronts moving in from the Atlantic later and a chance of thundery activity further North this evening.

Risk of some thunderstorms this evening for some parts of Northern England

nmmuk-6-16-0.png?10-07nmmuk-6-17-0.png?10-07nmmuk-6-18-0.png?10-07nmmuk-6-19-0.png?10-07nmmuk-6-20-0.png?10-07

Intriguing change to the local forecast on the BBC Points West lunchtime forecast mentioning the chance of lightning as scattered showers pass through overnight, presumably these will be elevated in nature. Strikes showing to the SW of Cornwall now too.