Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 04/07/15 Onward - Heat & Plumes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Had to go to North Walsham in Norfolk today and intercepted a squall line on the way :)

It was quick but pretty reasonable..

post-7331-0-91120800-1436309047_thumb.jp

post-7331-0-60822000-1436309058_thumb.jp

Edited by Greenday
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and stormy.

Had to go to North Walsham in Norfolk today and intercepted a squall line on the way :)

Nice, thanks for posting.

• Like 1

Only thing missing right at the end was the Eastenders theme tune lol. Very April shower like today, temperatures to match. Edited by fazer76

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

A nice batch of showers now developing and pushing south into Yorkshire. Ill be keeping my eye on them over the next few hours. Hoping for a rumble or two of thunder again today. The ingredients are there!

Posted

Absolutely slinging it down in this part of South Yorkshire (Hatfield), right now.. Beginning to wish I'd stayed in the US..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Big storm!

Anybody out there? Gone a bit quiet in here :unknw:

Any potential coming up over the next week for anything lively? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Anybody out there? Gone a bit quiet in here :unknw:

Any potential coming up over the next week for anything lively? 

Carol Kirkwood did mention on the BBC breakfast forecast of Thunderstorms for Northern England and Southern Scotland For Tomorrow perhaps somebody else could shed light on

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Carol Kirkwood did mention on the BBC breakfast forecast of Thunderstorms for Northern England and Southern Scotland For Tomorrow perhaps somebody else could shed light on

Ive been following this for a few days now and the GFS still showing CAPE values around 600-800J/Kg and Li -4. These storms have the potential to unleash large amounts of rain as they'll be slow moving in a slack southerly wind.

post-5386-0-73825200-1436431271_thumb.pn

post-5386-0-46122000-1436431505_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Not UK related but footage of a large tornado near to Venice, Italy - taken yesterday afternoon I believe.

http://thevane.gawker.com/video-appears-to-show-italians-terrifying-encounter-wit-1716580804

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Some video, that. And I think my list of Italian expletives has grown considerably, too! :D

• Like 2

Posted

Not UK related but footage of a large tornado near to Venice, Italy - taken yesterday afternoon I believe.

http://thevane.gawker.com/video-appears-to-show-italians-terrifying-encounter-wit-1716580804

I notice the accompanying script says no mention in media. Plenty of reports and ESL confirmation here.

4xnNcHT.png

http://www.eswd.eu/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I notice the accompanying script says no mention in media. Plenty of reports and ESL confirmation here.

4xnNcHT.png

http://www.eswd.eu/

Thanks for that. It looks a serious storm by all accounts.

Back to the UK, there does look to be a risk of some thunderstorms tomorrow evening in the NE of England and SE of Scotland. It is a small zone but in that zone the forecast CAPE is up to 500j/kg on GFS and although 20 knots of wind shear is not a great deal it could be enough to allow for some organisation, particularly along a line of wind convergence which seems to form over the North Pennines and then shift NE towards the coast.

Euro4 is offering up around an inch of rain between 6pm and midnight tomorrow evening in the NE.

Posted

Keraunos has a super shot of the Italian tornado. Picture credit - Valentina Abinanti via @severeweatherEU

journal-convectif-9-juillet-2015-photo-1

Look at the hook on the radar echo.

journal-convectif-9-juillet-2015-photo-1

http://www.keraunos.org/actualites/fil-infos/2015/juillet/journal-convectif-9-juillet-2015-tornade-mira-venise-italie-typhons-pacifique.html

• Like 8

Posted

another clip of the manchester area megastorm in the distance on the first of july filmed from the peak district , (not my vid) 

• Like 7

Posted

What a great video that is. Maybe ill get to see a storm again tomorrow night. BBC weather seems to think theres a chance from Yorkshire northwards!

Posted

Nice vids Scott. What software do you use to edit your vids btw? Is it free. I want to edit my storm vid from the 4th to cut out the black and just focus on the lighning lol

Posted

the heats back tommorrow, and the chance of a storm or two in the north too  , more for eastern side of pennines , but this side has a chance , but feel this might be just the breeding area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Some interesting clouds around this morning, lots of Ac and also a very significant line of Ac Cas to my SW. A bit bizarre to say the air isn't unstable...

• Like 1

Posted

Some interesting clouds around this morning, lots of Ac and also a very significant line of Ac Cas to my SW. A bit bizarre to say the air isn't unstable...

It is unstable though William with fronts moving in from the Atlantic later and a chance of thundery activity further North this evening.

Posted

Intriguing change to the local forecast on the BBC Points West lunchtime forecast mentioning the chance of lightning as scattered showers pass through overnight, presumably these will be elevated in nature. Strikes showing to the SW of Cornwall now too.