Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North Of England - Weather Chat, July 4 and on...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)

A much colder feel to things for the rest of this week, more so at night... compared to the past few days, but temps around average actually. 

The weekend could well bring some wintry showers to higher parts as mentioned above.

Posted

Temperatures already down to within a couple of degrees of freezing tonight,so quite a widespread frost if it keeps nice and clear,and as mentioned above,some heavy showers coming in off the North sea over the weekend with a good chance of hail and thunder as well as some snow.

ECU1-120.GIF.pngfax120s.gif

• Like 1

Posted

Hovering around 4C here which is chilly considering there's a stiff breeze.
Tomorrow looks like being a classic late Autumn day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Not as cold as I thought it would be last night overnight low 3.6c current temp 4.5c. Tonight we could get close to freezing though 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Looks like the new few days will bring a mix of cold rain / showers for lower parts and for higher ground the chance of some snow

Saturday to Monday will have some strong winds from the north making it feel even colder

Daytime highs around 6c feels like temps just 1c to 3c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

I was rather confident of seeing some white stuff over the tops of the Moors this weekend however the models have shifted overnight bringing a shortwave associated with the main low moving eastwards into Northern Europe closer to the east coast meaning upper 850s are around -2/3c rather than -4/5c, this would IMO be too warm for snow even at 1400ft.

However this morning reading the BBC/MetOs forecast text and also watching their latest video forecast they mention snow accumulations possible especially over the North York Moors

.nmm-16-73-0.png?03-0714962908_10157787782810245_894746894_n.j

Here's the Sunday morning chart from the latest NMM showing what would be too warm upper 850s to be conducive of snowfall even at 1400ft, as from experience -4c of less is required.

Am I missing something or am I just a better forecaster than the BBC/MetO for my local area? I would love to be proven wrong but we shall see...

Edited by vizzy2004

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)

Well the cold feel to the weather looks likely to hang around for good couple of weeks, nothing exceptional but after the past few mild and wet winters this will be a nice change.

don't expect anything wintry (snow wise) unless you live on higher ground (pennines/moors) but you never know heading later into the month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

as we approach the winter season, it's an appropriate time to start on new thread...locking this one shortly