Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North Of England - Weather Chat, July 4 and on...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.
6 hours ago, doctor32 said:

Ha, yes i do get carried away sometimes in here... just like to share my feelings of what the weather may be like for our region (taking information from meto and the data available)

Next week into march is looking very intresting with signs of blocking and more in the way of cold weather

Yes, judging by the mood in the MO thread, things might be looking up in terms of some late wintry weather. Too far out to be getting excited about yet and it could just be another garden path affair. Time will tell of course, but unless we get a decent N/NE/NNE'ly going, I can't see us getting much in the way of snow unfortunately.

Posted
4 hours ago, JP1972 said:

Yes, judging by the mood in the MO thread, things might be looking up in terms of some late wintry weather. Too far out to be getting excited about yet and it could just be another garden path affair. Time will tell of course, but unless we get a decent N/NE/NNE'ly going, I can't see us getting much in the way of snow unfortunately.

How come? There's nothing to indicate we won't join in the party if there is one. We've had more decent snowfalls than anywhere else in England so far, and that's been mainly on the back of set ups that don't include the favoured ones you mention.

Posted
5 hours ago, NickR said:

How come? There's nothing to indicate we won't join in the party if there is one. We've had more decent snowfalls than anywhere else in England so far, and that's been mainly on the back of set ups that don't include the favoured ones you mention.

I prefer to see my party invite being accepted before I get too excited! Since 2009 and 2010 I haven't been to any parties at all. Yes I've seen snow, but nothing to write home about.

I'm maintaining interest atm though ,,,,

Edited by JP1972

Posted
6 hours ago, JP1972 said:

I prefer to see my party invite being accepted before I get too excited! Since 2009 and 2010 I haven't been to any parties at all. Yes I've seen snow, but nothing to write home about.

I'm maintaining interest atm though ,,,,

Didn't you get that awesome Saturday in December when the rain turned to about 6 hours of snow, leaving a good couple of inches (more on favoured surfaces)? That was pretty widespread in the region, wasn't it?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)

Becoming increasingly cold as we head into next week, not much in the way of snow as of yet with just some wintry showers around from time to time. plenty of frosty nights though.

Posted

totally unrelated to weather, but for anyone who likes it... checkout my second hobbie :)

I am going to do a weather related mix though so add your songs here... 

Edited by doctor32
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Im not a DJ, but a big music lover and music and weather fall hand in hand for me as I always listen to music when either out storm chasing in summer or driving in the snow in winter. Like all types of music but the more melodic/chilled Drum N Bass is my favourite, certain songs will always remind me of past weather events aswell.

• Like 2

Posted
15 hours ago, NickR said:

Didn't you get that awesome Saturday in December when the rain turned to about 6 hours of snow, leaving a good couple of inches (more on favoured surfaces)? That was pretty widespread in the region, wasn't it?

Hi NIck.

I've seen a few "falling snow" events this winter here in Newcastle, but nothing that really makes me say wow, if that makes sense?! Although Monday 8 February was reasonably decent even if we did only get a temporary covering.

Fingers crossed this next cold spell delivers something a little noteworthy ...

Posted
5 hours ago, vizzy2004 said:

Im not a DJ, but a big music lover and music and weather fall hand in hand for me as I always listen to music when either out storm chasing in summer or driving in the snow in winter. Like all types of music but the more melodic/chilled Drum N Bass is my favourite, certain songs will always remind me of past weather events aswell.

I love my music too :hi:

Posted

glorious sunny start to the week, plenty of dry weather this week but cold with frosty nights. 

Posted

Another cold but lovely sunny start to the day again, much of the same for rest of week too. Even colder tonight followed by a more cloudy afternoon tomorrow with some wintry showers wed evening/night.

Bitter east/norteast wind developing into the weekend... main theme though is alot of dry weather for next 5 days

Posted

There are some snow showers not far off the coast in fact I bet they are brushing the high ground near Ravenscar..
A proper drying spell, so nice to see fields finally firming up.
It looks to me like staying fairly dry well into March now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Nice to have a lengthy spell of dry weather and some good spells of sunshine its better than endless days of cloudy muck of the north sea

Posted

It doesn't seem as though this cold spell will deliver anything in terms of snow for us (although things can change of course), but days of wall to wall sunshine are a tonic when you're off work for a week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

A few showers close to our region which i did not see forecast, will be to far west for me but maybe around the Darlo are could see a surprise snow shower.

Posted
48 minutes ago, seabreeze86 said:

A few showers close to our region which i did not see forecast, will be to far west for me but maybe around the Darlo are could see a surprise snow shower.

Them showers producing snow here at the moment... very wet snow though, more sleet now.

Edited by doctor32

Posted

There have been some brief flurries here but it was more like soft hail than snow.
Down to 0.7C now. Wind has dropped right out, so sure to go well below freezing.

Posted

Absolutely no precipitation here.

Drier than a camels chuff in a sandstorm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

About 6.30 we had falling snow, let's hope over the next few days we have a few surprises

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

This is the best run of sunny days in a long time and now with the ever strengthening sunshine its feeling ever more pleasant out the shade

Posted

A few wintry showers crossing the region to the south just now, then another cold night with a widespread frost leading into another nice day.

Posted

I've had two polystyrene ball showers this afternoon.

Winter has arrived ...

Posted

cold and frosty this morning once again, nothing much in the way of change today or tomorrow... i must admit although it's nice to see some sunshine and be dry for once, i do think this type of weather is so boring :wallbash: