Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North Of England - Weather Chat, July 4 and on...

Methuselah

Posted

Some decent cold uppers moving into the region overnight,so any showers should be of snow by the morning although obviously the west of the region more favoured in this set-up.

18-7UK.thumb.GIF.668f48ab4e8a18b51b3872c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.
15 hours ago, doctor32 said:

wind had me up most of the night....

Goodness me. Genuine question, do you do that thing where you waft the duvet to see what it smells like?

That wind today was ridiculous! I'm really surprised my garden fence is still in tact (must get a new one sorted this year!).

Good to have some "weather" to talk about though ... and hopefully a colder February.

Posted

A distinctly arctic air source, humidity is quite low and dewpoints subzero even though not that cold at 4.5C
- snow flurries at times from almost clear sky.
Classic late winter/early spring feel.

Edited by 4wd

Posted

Having just returned home from a night out in Newcastle ....

THAT wind tonight is bitter. Painfully bitter actually.

At least it feels very wintry!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)
On 1/29/2016 at 11:19 PM, JP1972 said:

Goodness me. Genuine question, do you do that thing where you waft the duvet to see what it smells like?

Sometimes, your own smell the best. :rofl:

storm henry tomorrow into tuesday the next talking point for our region... winds probably stronger than storm just gone.

• Like 1

Posted

Hold on tight folks, the Doctors wind is back again :D

• Like 1

Posted
23 hours ago, JP1972 said:

Hold on tight folks, the Doctors wind is back again :D

My middle name 'henry' so quite apt. lol

Posted

I got up at 6am and suddenly saw two bright flashes from outside, exactly like lightning. Strangely, there were no storm clouds in the sky at the time (broken cloud was present) and there was nothing on the radar indicating showers nearby. What on earth could it be I wonder?

Edited by PersianPaladin

Posted

It looks as though this winter is going to limp tamely towards Spring at this juncture.

Shame, but looking at the current forecast for the next 9 days the temperature ranges between 8c (tomorrow) and 6c for the following 8 days. No snow (obviously!) but it'll certainly feel quite chilly and there will be occasional frost for my location.

So while there won't be snow, there will be plenty of wintry sunshine and it will at least feel seasonal. What's not to like?

Posted

Since about mid-January it seems to have been on the dry side if anything - in the NE anyway, and temperatures around average though on the mild side.
A winter of two halves since Feb looks similar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

A few sleety showers just passing through. When will this wet weather ever stop, the fields up here on high ground are sodden so lower down must be marshland. C'mon winter, give us a sting:wallbash:

Screenshot_2016-02-07-16-54-53.png

Posted

Looks as though the wintry weather (possibly) on offer later this week onwards will not affect us.

Typical.

Posted

In regards to the cooling trend in temps this week and possible wintry weather... The weekend into monday is worth a watch as cold air will be in place and with a low tracking over us and transfering to the north sea and us possibly on northern edge i suspect some snow possible almost any where and as it clears cold air really kicks in with wintry showers before pressure builds briefly. 

Until then some dry but chilly days with a few showers, wintry on high ground.

Unfortunitly no prolonged cold spell in sight.

Posted

Yes,looks like a rare chance to get some north sea snow showers with just about the perfect wind angle and -8 uppers.

ECM1-144.thumb.GIF.942f579a3bb6da8118f30ECM0-144.thumb.GIF.1b355826a166fbcd01ade

What actually happens is another matter,but at least we should get a few frosts!

• Like 1

Posted

Its good honest February weather at the moment - cold and dry! Hooray we have had some decent dry conditions this week, for the first time since late October.. and more forecast. Fells look good etched white. Two air frosts on the trot and a few more to come. Temps maxing out around 4 degrees.

Good timing for half term week and holiday makers visiting the Lake District, the tourist industry will be very happy indeed with the upcoming prospects.

Planning my first winter walk in the Lakeland Fells this Sunday (first in terms of cold snowy conditions and importantly light winds and clear skies) - its been exceptionally woeful this winter in this respect, but the best conditions are often reserved for second half of Feb - mid March.

• Like 1

Posted

Latest charts are looking mighty fine good! And we're not talking 10 days away.

Models tonight showing a disturbance running down the East coast of Scotland and into NE England on Saturday!

I've got a good feeling that there will be snow for many of us by the time Monday is out :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

I agree JP - national weather this morning hinted at some "possible" significant and disruptive snow if the low slides in the right place, mainly for SE/NE Scotland and NE England.  he actually used the word explosive easterly, probably meaning some form of convective one..... Take of that what you may :-))

Posted

Looking good for snow later weekend, escpecially sunday. weather warning issued by met aswell, expect it to be updated tomorrow though to fine tune details. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Spotted some daff's in flower today in Darlo I can't recall ever seeing daff's in flower this early in the year before up here

As for the 'explosive easterly' its our version of Buffalo's lake effect snow like 2010 brought....