Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North Of England - Weather Chat, July 4 and on...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Yeah I saw thanks too much of a trek though. I was looking more towards Teesdale area 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)

Foggy and frosty here this morning. Looking at the week ahead our chances for snow now look slim, systems pushing in from west dying out by the time we see them or moving north more towards scotland.... less cold weather spreading in by next weekend. 

Posted
20 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Yeah I saw thanks too much of a trek though. I was looking more towards Teesdale area 

You might try Carlton Bank area - not sure about Pennines, there will be some if you went to Richmond then up the back road to Marske and Swaledale?
I can imagine great views across to the white moors too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Yes mate thanks swaledale it is just been looking at a few Webcam's looks a good few inches

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

It looks like Friday will be be the day that we switch from the colder air to the milder air whether this will be preceded by leading edge snow remains to be seen

645654645.thumb.png.0abe4a7192280359f6d4

Until then it remains cold and main dry though the odd wintry shower can't be ruled out

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted

I went up to Weardale with the kids - got some good sledging on the hills between Stanhope and Middleton.

Posted
19 minutes ago, NickR said:

I went up to Weardale with the kids - got some good sledging on the hills between Stanhope and Middleton.

We found a lovely village called Preston under scare in wensleydale with 6-8 inches of snow and hills behind it so the kids had a few hours sledging etc, I was surprised how long it took too a find a decent level of snow, Infact swaledale only had a slight covering but according to the radar yesterday it was snowing for most of the day but in reality that was clearly incorrect

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Boro Snow said:

We found a lovely village called Preston under scare in wensleydale with 6-8 inches of snow and hills behind it so the kids had a few hours sledging etc, I was surprised how long it took too a find a decent level of snow, Infact swaledale only had a slight covering but according to the radar yesterday it was snowing for most of the day but in reality that was clearly incorrect

Must've been fun taking the kids to the snowy village and finding nout there, time for a brief explanation of the nature of showers?

Posted

Well its cold enough for snow IMBY, that line of showers pretty much over me now so went outside and the smallest of snowflakes blowing past lampost light opposite house. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, doctor32 said:

Well its cold enough for snow IMBY, that line of showers pretty much over me now so went outside and the smallest of snowflakes blowing past lampost light opposite house. 

Here's hoping.

Posted
24 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

Must've been fun taking the kids to the snowy village and finding nout there, time for a brief explanation of the nature of showers?

I think you need to read my post again instead of making ya self look rather stupid 

Posted
1 minute ago, Boro Snow said:

I think you need to read my post again instead of making ya self look rather stupid 

Maybe you've got the wrong end of the stick because I didn't use a :p emoticon. Meant as a light-hearted joke about the fact kids are impatient buggers and it might have been a good time to tell them about the nature of showers when you dragged them to Swaledale where they were expecting deep snow to find a covering. I hope you, and they, had a great day anyway.

Posted

some decent size flakes now, shame its not goin to last long. as it is laying on impact with ground.

Posted

Quite windy this evening which is keeping the temperature up. Currently 2.5 degrees but feels bitter in the wind. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, cold,wet & stormy

A light dusting in Ponteland this evening. Very calm 

Posted
15 minutes ago, gordonm said:

A light dusting in Ponteland this evening. Very calm 

Am I right in thinking if it survive the pennines the large band of precipitation currently in the north west could hit us tomorrow morning/afternoon or is there a wind direction change due?