Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North Of England - Weather Chat, July 4 and on...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

Not quite sure what's happened to the MOD thread this year. I have to say over the last 7 years I have never felt so underwhelmed by the comments and constant directions of what people should and should not post.

I posted the below only today in response to below

21 hours ago,said:

Cmon a punt on what?

You've got to be consistent in letting the charts pick a trend over time.

--------------------------------------- 

MY REPLY

Firstly, can I say I've followed this forum avidly for 7 long winters and love the excitement at this time of year, festive cheer and merriment and all that, and I'm guessing the forum does quite well on subscriptions on winter lurkers. (Oct-Apr in my eyes)

For this reason I think we should be a bit less grinch like and expect that when the big day comes within t384 then of course peoples excitement can get the better of them, but if the operationals selected by supercomputers show us there is the possibility, surely it is worthy and allowed to mention. 

Its not as if people are over ramping as far as I've seen of recent and feet remain on the ground but I think in the lead up to the big day surely we can allow a bit of harmless fun in here, and of course the super ramps have a dedicated party thread of it's own.

Oh and yeah I've had a punt at 5/1 for my area and always do in September to add a bit more radar excitement on the big day and know from the past 5 years, 2 wins , 3 losses of which 2 only minutes or days out, so yeah it is worth a punt if only for the annual fun of it.

Good luck fellow punters and hello to all new and returning winter lurkers. Oh and JUST for a bit of fun & excitement, I quite like this chart that the gfs super computer picked out as the most probable chart for the 25th

Screenshot_2015-12-11-02-39-01.png

------- -- -----------------

Yet, again a few hours later there are comments telling people they are basically thick for taking FI, for the xmas period I presume, as gospel (yet I can see no evidence of this). Really, do we need to hear this everyday. Why cant some members loosen up a bit rather than being very dictator-like, especially during this final run up to the most anticipated weather event. This used to be a much busier period even in similar years when things looked dire and I do think these constant jabs are chasing people away. I'm certainly regretting my annual subs this year.

Rant Over, I guess if I lived away from our shores I would be more frustrated too.:wallbash:

Edited by geordiekev
Formatting
  • Like 2

Posted
11 hours ago, geordiekev said:

Yet, again a few hours later there are comments telling people they are basically thick for taking FI, for the xmas period I presume, as gospel (yet I can see no evidence of this). Really, do we need to hear this everyday. Why cant some members loosen up a bit rather than being very dictator-like, especially during this final run up to the most anticipated weather event.

This has been the cause of many problems in the MOD thread over the years.

Just because someone posts a chart at +360 hrs doesn't mean they are taking the chart as gospel,but someone always comes along a couple of posts later and suggests that they are,and they are generally the same folk who shoot other  peoples posts down with a couple of lines and no charts to back themselves up.

Still,its nearly Christmas,and maybe this rain can turn a bit sleety!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
2 minutes ago, Cloud 10 said:

This has been the cause of many problems in the MOD thread over the years.

Just because someone posts a chart at +360 hrs doesn't mean they are taking the chart as gospel,but someone always comes along a couple of posts later and suggests that they are,and they are generally the same folk who shoot other  peoples posts down with a couple of lines and no charts to back themselves up.

Still,its nearly Christmas,and maybe this rain can turn a bit sleety!

Hope you guys get some snow,the precipitation is further north so good luck.You're right about the model thread,if its shown discuss it is what I say.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

A wet day today with some hill snow but the biggest concern is tonight when the skies are expected to clear and temps plummet meaning ice could be a big hazard tomorrow morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Yep as Gav says the rain now starting to turn to wet snow 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Heavy snow in Pelton chester le street for past 10 mins or so 

Posted

I'm on the A1 near Washington and it's pouring with snow.  Nice little surprise as we weren't expecting anything here today 

Posted

Yes I  in pelton as well but wasnt expecting the snow line to drop this low to be honest so nice little suprise today .

• Like 1

Posted

I know it's not the most exciting view of B & Q car park but just wanted to show the snow rate. Just starting to stick to cars etc now as it was just rain before. Not expecting  anything major but do love a bit snow. 

20151212_122312.mp4

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, SNOWBLOCK said:

Yes I  in pelton as well but wasnt expecting the snow line to drop this low to be honest so nice little suprise today .

Great isn't it. We were forecast rain today 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting!

Just wondering if anyone knows how long this is supposed to last? Snowing heavily in Aycliffe & have friends trying to come through from Stanhope. Cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Starting to lay on the grass temp down to 1.0c 

Posted
Just now, NorthEastSnow said:

So if it's snowing further north in the region is that down to it being colder up there or am I just not high enough? 

I'm not sure mate. Pelton isn't that high up and neither is Washington I'm as confused as you are lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

Feel so much better, our third snow of the season. Its that lush sticky snow that sticks to everything. Turned my black lab into a Dalmatian in seconds.

IMG_20151212_122047.jpg

IMG_20151212_122944.jpg

Edited by geordiekev
Predictive txt rubbish
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, geordiekev said:

Feel so much better, our third snow of the season. Its that lush sticky snow that sticks to everything. Turned my black lab into a salvation in seconds.

IMG_20151212_122047.jpg

IMG_20151212_122944.jpg

Brill you guys always get a decent lot! 

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, P-M said:

I'm not sure mate. Pelton isn't that high up and neither is Washington I'm as confused as you are lol 

Me either all I know is it's rain all the way into nice big puddles lol.