Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North Of England - Weather Chat, July 4 and on...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Looks like we've managed to miss the worst of the snow overnight Yorkshire, Lancashire and Scotland seem to have got the worst

Feeling cold again today with a stronger wind but tomorrow looks much better with sunshine and temps back into double figures

Posted

1.6C and snowing the past hour.
This is more or less a shower compared to the main blob further north though.

wx.20160429_085414.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow in Winter......Lots of sun in Summer....Extreme weather.

Absolutely chucking it down with snow....massive big flakes....it's like someone is emptying out a feather duvet in front of my window....lovely!!!!:D

Edited by SnowdropMay28
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

Can vouch for the above, huge 50p flakes and in the wind gusts is extra impressive. That's what I love about British weather, the 5/6 month opportunity for snow :cold:

Could be a few favoured areas in the battleground set up. It's been a while I saw it this thick I have to admit even up here near Consett. It reminds me of the hazardous event nearly 5 month ago, on 12th Dec, as the snow is huge wet flakes that sticks to everything. We had a huge fire on a bus stuck on the hill up here on that day.

Screenshot_2016-04-29-10-10-13.png

IMG_20160429_101652.jpg

stream_img.jpg

stream_img (1).jpg

Edited by geordiekev
  • Like 1

Posted

Can report thankfully no problems on a692 as the snow is slightly too wet at the moment but it is readily sticking to everything so be careful out there in case it lasts a while longer.

IMG_20160429_103040.jpg

IMG_20160429_102833.jpg

IMG_20160429_103201.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Temp down to 3c which is remarkable for the time of the year during the day

Posted
14 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

The rain is turning increasingly to sleet here in Darlo

Roll on tomorrow and the milder air

I agree,

Its been like this all winter. Just let down after let down.

Bring on summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
1 hour ago, geordiekev said:

Can report thankfully no problems on a692 as the snow is slightly too wet at the moment but it is readily sticking to everything so be careful out there in case it lasts a while longer.

IMG_20160429_103040.jpg

IMG_20160429_102833.jpg

IMG_20160429_103201.jpg

Everytime i click on this thread you have pictures of snow lol, you must live in one of the best locations for it in the uk.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.
3 hours ago, SnowdropMay28 said:

Absolutely chucking it down with snow....massive big flakes....it's like someone is emptying out a feather duvet in front of my window....lovely!!!!:D

Huh?! Where abouts in Newcastle are you?

No snow for me today :rolleyes:

Posted
57 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Everytime i click on this thread you have pictures of snow lol, you must live in one of the best locations for it in the uk.

Yeah, I used to live on other south facing side of the Derwent Valley and was jealous of the village on the other peak that always had snow at times when I didn't so when a house came up for sale in that exact spot I jumped at it.

I Can still see my old house and it seems to fall just below the snow line on so many occasions. Happy Days.

Is back to sleety rain now, 2.4C

Edit: temp dropped to 1.8C and back to wet snow. Just a shame will have to wait 4/5 months for the next hunt.

IMG_20160427_055754.jpg

Edited by geordiekev

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow in Winter......Lots of sun in Summer....Extreme weather.
4 hours ago, JP1972 said:

Huh?! Where abouts in Newcastle are you?

No snow for me today :rolleyes:

I'm in Benwell and it was absolutely chucking down.....the snow even started to lay a bit....then it stopped,lol.:D

• Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, geordiekev said:

Can vouch for the above, huge 50p flakes and in the wind gusts is extra impressive. That's what I love about British weather, the 5/6 month opportunity for snow :cold:

Could be a few favoured areas in the battleground set up. It's been a while I saw it this thick I have to admit even up here near Consett. It reminds me of the hazardous event nearly 5 month ago, on 12th Dec, as the snow is huge wet flakes that sticks to everything. We had a huge fire on a bus stuck on the hill up here on that day.

Screenshot_2016-04-29-10-10-13.png

IMG_20160429_101652.jpg

stream_img.jpg

stream_img (1).jpg

Dramatic pictures there!

Drove past there later in the day and wondered what the big scorch mark was on the side of the road.

Its been an impressively wintry week for late April,and seems to have been hail falling every day,as well as those 50p flakes of snow.

• Like 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, Cloud 10 said:

Dramatic pictures there!

Drove past there later in the day and wondered what the big scorch mark was on the side of the road.

Its been an impressively wintry week for late April,and seems to have been hail falling every day,as well as those 50p flakes of snow.

Here's a link to a vid a passerby took. I got stuck in jam heading in to work over hill but had no idea why traffic had stopped, but heard fire engines, rangers, police but like you it was the next day when the lane was closed off that I looked online.

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/story/2015-12-13/double-decker-bus-catches-fire-with-passengers-reportedly-inside/

Got a snow day at work, so one bonus, but that incline at Mountsett is treacherous.

Edited by geordiekev
  • Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, SnowdropMay28 said:

I'm in Benwell and it was absolutely chucking down.....the snow even started to lay a bit....then it stopped,lol.:D

Well nothing here in the East End, not that I'm jealous of you or anything :wallbash:

Posted
31 minutes ago, JP1972 said:

Well nothing here in the East End, not that I'm jealous of you or anything :wallbash:

Lol.....I have to say it was lovely while it lasted.....shame you didn't get any of it.:):yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, SnowdropMay28 said:

Lol.....I have to say it was lovely while it lasted.....shame you didn't get any of it.:):yahoo:

Go on, rub it in :rofl:

Here's hoping next winter will deliver some snow for both of us :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Finally the cold air has gone much better this morning with some sunshine and the temperature is already higher than yesterday's

Not a completely dry bank holiday weekend but its going to be much milder than of late

Posted
13 hours ago, JP1972 said:

Go on, rub it in :rofl:

Here's hoping next winter will deliver some snow for both of us :D

Lol....let's hope so.....a really massive snow event like 2009/2010 will do....got a snowboard which is just gathering dust and desperate kids wanting to use it!!!!:cold::D

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, SnowdropMay28 said:

Lol....let's hope so.....a really massive snow event like 2009/2010 will do....got a snowboard which is just gathering dust and desperate kids wanting to use it!!!!:cold::D

A snowboard?! How posh are you?!

I use a bin liner and one of them old roadwork signs lol.

Lovely out there today, noticeably milder and the sun is shining. Happy days!

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, JP1972 said:

A snowboard?! How posh are you?!

I use a bin liner and one of them old roadwork signs lol.

Lovely out there today, noticeably milder and the sun is shining. Happy days!

Posh!!!!!...living in Benwell...ha,ha.Yeah it is lovely out there today.....nice to see the sun....hopefully we get a good summer& it will be Happy days!!!!!:hi:

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, SnowdropMay28 said:

Posh!!!!!...living in Benwell...ha,ha.Yeah it is lovely out there today.....nice to see the sun....hopefully we get a good summer& it will be Happy days!!!!!:hi:

Well you certainly won't see any snowboard's here in Byker lol!

Definitely nice to see the sun and feel a little bit of warmth at long last today. With any luck we'll have a decent "beer garden" summer :)

• Like 1

Posted

Disappointing day today after yesterday's improvements!

Tomorrow looks a bit better though and presently it looks as though further into next week looks quite promising too.