Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North Of England - Weather Chat, July 4 and on...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but boringly hot

Think the precip is both coming from the band being pushed SE and also from convective showers from light winds off N Sea looking at wind vectors. All showing as snow but not to hopeful of anything meaningful for NE. Would like to be proved wrong of course.

Screenshot_2016-01-16-18-38-38.png

Screenshot_2016-01-16-18-42-41.png

Edited by geordiekev

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

How far east is this band going to push its already 50 to 60 miles further east than expected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

For the past hour I keep getting rain alarms saying its 4km away, it's not getting any closer Grrrrrr 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)

this snow isn't moving any further east in my opinion... however much i would like it too. its going to slip south and fade tbh! peninne hills and an easterly wind pushing agaisnt front making sure it keeps just to the west of our region

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

I think the radar is wrong 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper Seasons,lots of frost and snow October to April, hot summers!
On 15/01/2016 at 7:04 PM, Deep Snow please said:

So my hunt for a house at 800m was unsuccesful. There is however a village at 462m called Flash in the Peak District.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/property/buying-selling-moving/10013105/For-sale-a-home-in-Britains-highest-village.html

Or you could try Nenthead in the North Pennines, the top end of the village is 450 metres above sea level, failing that there is Allenheads- just over the border into Northumberland (similar elevation).  Now have four inches' snow outside my house and last night we got down to -6C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper Seasons,lots of frost and snow October to April, hot summers!
1 hour ago, tynevalleysnow said:

Been on and off here since 4 in south west Northumberland near Cumbria/Durham/Northumberland border. Moderate snow now. Oddly met office forecast cloudy but no snow

@tynevalleysnowGoodness, you cant live far from me, I live about 3 miles from the Cumbria/Northumberland/Durham trig-point on Killhope Law!

It has been snowing in Nenthead since about 4 pm too- we now have four inches of snow outside my front door.  You must live somewhere near

Allendale.

Posted
26 minutes ago, iapennell said:

Or you could try Nenthead in the North Pennines, the top end of the village is 450 metres above sea level, failing that there is Allenheads- just over the border into Northumberland (similar elevation).  Now have four inches' snow outside my house and last night we got down to -6C.

Enjoy the actual snow cover. Just sheets of ice here. Also, I'll keep that in mind for a few years time - although the current available properties are way out any price range I could envisage.

Edited by Deep Snow please

Posted

Temperature rising in Redcar but I think that's because the Wilton chemical plant is doing some serious flaring this evening. Could almost feel the heat coming off it. 

Posted

Give up now this cold spell has been very disappointing for me, no snow and no cold really even now it's still 2c, let's hope for a SSW asap 

• Like 1

Posted

Agree boro snow. Seems like yet another disappointing winter. Just cant see us getting any snow. 

Edited by NorthEastSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Showers getting going just of shore and heading east according to the radar. Might get a dusting 

Very light snow falling here now

Edited by seabreeze86

Posted
3 hours ago, iapennell said:

@tynevalleysnowGoodness, you cant live far from me, I live about 3 miles from the Cumbria/Northumberland/Durham trig-point on Killhope Law!

It has been snowing in Nenthead since about 4 pm too- we now have four inches of snow outside my front door.  You must live somewhere near

Allendale.

Allenheads and just about the snowiest place in England around our area. The north pennine "ski resorts" will be busy tomorrow!

Edited by tynevalleysnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.
3 hours ago, NorthEastSnow said:

Agree boro snow. Seems like yet another disappointing winter. Just cant see us getting any snow. 

I tend to agree. There were seemingly some amazing charts and synoptics being forecast a week ago, and other than the heavy snow we had for 3 hours last Thursday morning (which has pretty much all but melted now), it's been a let down really.

Posted
1 hour ago, JP1972 said:

I tend to agree. There were seemingly some amazing charts and synoptics being forecast a week ago, and other than the heavy snow we had for 3 hours last Thursday morning (which has pretty much all but melted now), it's been a let down really.

True, but that fall was awesome for at least an hour and better than what others are getting currently. I never saw these synoptics as good for us anyway. Wasn't it always going to be about stalling systems from the west? We need a NE'ly.

We've still had more snow than other parts of England this season.

Posted

Due to snow cover, clear sky and little wind it's been the lowest temperature since January 2013 here, -5.9C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
11 hours ago, Deep Snow please said:

What are our chances of showers tonight into tomorrow and Monday?

Here's the text forecast for the next few days from the beeb

Monday

Staying cold with variable cloud amounts and mainly dry, although an isolated snow flurry possible. Overnight frost and isolated freezing fog patches.

Tuesday to Thursday

Cold and mainly dry conditions continuing, with some bright spells and overnight frost, and isolated freezing fog patches. Later on Thursday, cloudier, windier, less cold conditions spreading from the west.

Temperatures on the longer range forecast from Friday till Tuesday 29th stay between 8c and 9c for Darlo by day and between 4c and 5c overnight. I guess we could see some leading edge snow when the breakdown finally arrives but it wouldn't last long

Posted

Any decent areas with good snow level I can take the kids too please 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
19 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Any decent areas with good snow level I can take the kids too please 

The North York moors did have a decent covering

CYwzgrPWYAAgy1N.jpg

4WD's live webcam

wx_000.jpg

Edited by Summer Sun