Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - 03/07/15 onwards

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Christ... a sunny morning! Can't remember the last time I saw one of those. It's chilly too unfortunately at 12°C.

post-21671-0-81641800-1438331184_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Christ... a sunny morning! Can't remember the last time I saw one of those. It's chilly too unfortunately at 12°C.

attachicon.gif20150731_092322.jpg

Indeed a beautiful morning with clear blue skies, can see a yellow

Thing in the sky, have been informed by my 4 year old daughter

It is called the sun, joking aside a touch chilly, but hopefully if we can maintain the sun 17 or 18c could be reached making it quite

pleasant this afternoon, still very poor for late July though

C.S

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Sunny for an hour or so early on and now yet again replaced with cool, wall to wall grot. Really struggling with weather affecting my mood atm. It's just seemingly day after day of the same thing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

I had a lovely morning here with bright sunshine and scattered fair weather clouds but at around 14:00 it completely clouded over, though. The temperature managed to climb upto 18C.

Edited by Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Mainly sunny morning, mainly cloudy afternoon, now a bit of brightness starting to break though again so we may have just escaped today's threatened showers.

Current temperature of 16c but with light winds doesn't feel to bad.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Pretty much the same here , nothing very exciting ..

Was feeling pretty upbeat, being Friday and a decent weekends weather coming up but after watching the 6 o'clock BBC forecast, I'm yet again peed off.

Showers are now likely across our region in the first half of both days and, although temperatures are up to more respectable levels, still short of where we could be and well down on those expected further south.

Never mind, it saves cleaning off the BBQ or the forecast could prove to be wrong.

Posted

Damp start to the day and misty of the tops but hopefully something brighter into the afternoon although the forecast is far from inspiring.

Sunday is looking the better day for our region with brighter conditions arriving earlier in the day and slightly higher temperatures.

Posted

I woke up to wet surfaces as it seems that one shower affected my area at around dawn. Partly cloudy now and there are a few showers on the way judging by the radar.

I am flying to Amsterdam later on. Sunny with 25c today and as high as 31c by Monday. 

Posted

I'm sure the forecast last night mentioned early showers but then clearing to brighter skies later, looking at the radar it looks to be the other way round.... could put a dampner onto afternoon activities for those outdoors...

..oh and Nina Ridge just about sums up the whole of this summer for us northerners....

"but that warmth won't last too long, quite quickly a cold front will be pushing in"

Posted

Peeing down and 12c.

What a lovely start to August.

Posted

Just watched a news piece in Kent and it may as well be on another planet to the miserable rain leaden skies we've got up here - gloriously sunny and warm down there, they've got their summer.... we're still waiting.

Posted

Just watched a news piece in Kent and it may as well be on another planet to the miserable rain leaden skies we've got up here - gloriously sunny and warm down there, they've got their summer.... we're still waiting.

They've got ours as well looking at it.

Never mind, at least when winter comes and the precipitation is forecast to be snow, the showers will miss our region and the sun will return.

Posted

Few heavy showers lyme park, then up werneth low torrential downpours, streets flooded, drains overflowing, feels really humid out atm too... Off to meet my brother in mallorca tomorrow for ten days.... At least ill get some summer at last.....32-36c woohoo....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

Hammering it down here continuously for the past 40 minutes, rain just seems to be getting heavier and heavier.

Posted

Clearance has arrived and the sun is out, for now.

Just a shame that it's to late in the day to do anything for depressed temperatures so it looks like today's forecast 20c will as usual end up at the summer 2015 default mid teens and very poor for the beginning of August.

I just hope that tomorrow's rain does one a lot earlier than today's so we can salvage something from this weekend.

Posted

What can I say , it's crap as usual 17 c .......

Same here only still not reached 15c and almost noon.

Role on winter and then at least crap weather is to be expected

Posted

sounds positively Arctic !!!.

It's not to bad, most of the snow lying behind the walls has gone now and the first of the buds are starting to appear on the trees.

I might have to think about getting the lawn mower cleaned up ready for when the grass starts growing.

It's not to bad, most of the snow lying behind the walls has gone now and the first of the buds are starting to appear on the trees.

I might have to think about getting the lawn mower cleaned up ready for when the grass starts growing.

indeed ,the grass don't arf grow in them balmy winter months !!.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

20.1°C here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

This summer is definately one of the worst ever imby.