Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 02/07/15 Onward - Heat & Plumes

Posted

http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en

Most active storm in the world? Well that's easy.. It's sitting of the coast of Kent.. Where else would it be? LMFAO

Erm.  Think the one off the east coast of the US is more active.  Besides, Africa, SE Asia and South America are not included and from experience, Central West Africa has storms pretty much constantly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Mass divergence between different NMM models now for tomorrow....both 06z runs but with immensely different outcomes...the Beeb favouring the western option on their latest online forecast... :cray:

And just to rub salt in the wound, sun out here and temperature and humidity rocketing after this mornings rain drops.

I wouldn't worry too much - i believe the NMM had a proportion of yesterday's action (before the evening period) not even show up on it?

Edited by Chris K

Posted

Definitely a squall line of sorts on this cold front now affecting my area as the wind is gusting very strongly along with lashing rain after a calm, bright, occasionally showery and muggy day until recently. Also the temperature has dropped from 23.7c to 18.8c in about 15 minutes!

• Like 1

I guess at least most of those across the channel are also frustrated about the storms mainly being at sea..

Haha of course, although the global view can be a tad misleading as it only really has good coverage for Europe and the USA, there's probably a load of lightning in the tropics

When I posted it I actually thought hmmm I wonder how big the storms are around the central belt lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

I guess at least most of those across the channel are also frustrated about the storms mainly being at sea..

Haha of course, although the global view can be a tad misleading as it only really has good coverage for Europe and the USA, there's probably a load of lightning in the tropics

Yep. A friend of mine said to me on his trip to Guatemala, almost every night there was spectacular storms with non stop lightning!

I bet there's way more active storms happening now in places such as Singapore or Thailand etc.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Not even a Kent clipper the only things it's clipping away is my patience. :nonono:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

It did clip, for about ten mins or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

attachicon.gif1.jpg

:shok: that storm is the size of a country!!

Imagine this thread if a storm that size trundled it's way up from the South. Netweather would disintegrate into the online abyss.

Edited by Chris K
  • Like 3

Imagine this thread if a storm that size trundled it's way up from the South. Netweather would disintegrate into the online abyss.

There'd still be someone who'd complain lol...hailstones too small gunshot thunder not loud enough :-)

Edited by fazer76
  • Like 2

There'd still be someone who'd complain lol...hailstones too small gunshot thunder not loud enough :-)

I think a lot of us would have a break down..

Oh yeah you can't make everyone happy.. 

Could even be the wrong type of rain for some.

Edited by Surrey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Thunderstorms

Something seems to be building out of the shower over me in Chorley, skies gone dark but just light rain so far. Can see it approaching. Maybe a few rumbles to come as it seemed to just develop out of nothing moving north

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

attachicon.gif1.jpg

:shok: that storm is the size of a country!!

The Thunderstorms of the coast of Guinea may bring an hurricane to Carribean!!

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Posted

Not counting anything out yet, but if I was a Belgian, I would be wondering what all the level 2 is about, because it's been somewhat of a bust for them so far today with everything escaping into the S North Sea so far!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The anvils of storms and MCS systems can of course make them appear much bigger than the true active area.

Though check this out for an idea of the amount of lightning that occurs in the tropics - a timelapse of global for the whole of 2014 in 5 minutes: https://dreambroker.com/channel/vru14x4t/6wpq4n6n

Absolutely LOVE this - thanks for posting!

• Like 1

The anvils of storms and MCS systems can of course make them appear much bigger than the true active area.

Though check this out for an idea of the amount of lightning that occurs in the tropics - a timelapse of global for the whole of 2014 in 5 minutes: https://dreambroker.com/channel/vru14x4t/6wpq4n6n

Thats some funky stuff right there... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Sort of reminds me of blood pumping through veins, thats really cool. Also I noticed most of the lightning splits around the UK when it get here? haha 

• Like 1

Posted

looks like the cape might be breaking in the South east...

Yes. Sun has been out for an hour now and some encouraging skies and a thick feel to the air is present. Temperature is responding accordingly too.

post-17277-0-93697500-1435847591_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Not convinced anything is going to come of this. The wind has got up and it feels pretty cool and quite fresh(17c) with rain looking imminent.

Edited by Carl46Wrexham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

looks like the cape might be breaking in the South east...

lol and if it does it's about time.

Posted

Wow, though I feel like I'm tripping lol. Clearly shows what an active and surprisingly thundery winter parts of the UK had and the spectacular plumes of 17th-19th July and 17th September.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Squall approaching Birmingham......not expecting alot but who knows :pardon: