Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 02/07/15 Onward - Heat & Plumes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Storm south of Norwich must be a supercell! Another small batch of showers W of Poole, will they intensify and become electrified as they did before?.....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Really shocked to still see visable lightning so frequently and brightly. The storms haved moved a long way away now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

goes to invalid page

that's peculiar :) I post it on here and click the link and it's invalid, but paste into my browser bar and it works fine!

very strange :)

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Hope Gordon had survived thus far, not had it that bad in Leicester, but my stomach is churning big style, throbbing head and that awful smell I get when there's lightning about, right at the back of my nose and below the eyes, anyone else get that "smell sensation" when it's lightning?

I think Gordon can come out of the wardrobe now. :D Are you sure your drains aren't blocked Speedway Slider? :D Anyone who suffers from astraphobia should move to MBY.(Must do the gardening) I always get gentle, soft cell storms, with very quiet thunder and distant lightning. Plus you won't get wet because they hardly ever deliver any rain either. ;)

Edited by lassie23

Posted

Meant to say; I'm off to bed now. Enjoy the fireworks, Northern folk, and I look forward to seeing the pics and videos in the morning!

Posted

Well done those east of the Pennines, a sight to behold happening tonight. It is ridiculously warm here, but after a few rumbled at 11pm tonight, between NEwales and here as a strip north and South 200 miles has been oddly absent of much precipitation tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

All I can say is Wow!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Off to bed, those showers near Shrewsbury are dying off so nowt to stay up for now. Maybe I can get a few rumbles in those Sunday showers....we'll see.

Posted

One of the best storms i've seen for a long while here. Incredible rainfall and frequent lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Just starting to get the front edge loving it already! Still going strong your end?

yes it is! some real window rattlers now booming round. Got a few good videos actualy, even better now the rains eased off a bit, can see things more clearly.

Enjoy when it gets to you :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

nobody lives in the south though! these baby thunderstorms packing in excess of 50mph gusts? I doubt it! Though thats extreme for the south isnt it!

Who said they were packing 50mph gusts. The intense rain, the constant and multiple at once CG lightning was dangerous overhead. But very fun.

Give Me that over a windstorm anyway.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Drove down to Newark and waited as an active storm approached, then let it chase me up the A1, whch unfortunately had a portion controlled by average speed cameras of 40mph so it caught me up and dumped some of the heaviest rain I've seen on the roads. Got back to Sheffield now as the rain and thunder continues. A lot of roads flooded. 

Epic!

• Like 2

Posted

yes it is! some real window rattlers now booming round. Got a few good videos actualy, even better now the rains eased off a bit, can see things more clearly.

Enjoy when it gets to you :D

Im buzzing already not even got going lol

• Like 1

Posted

Ohhhh boy was that a fun drive out :D

Although it seemed that every single lay-by I stopped in had either a tree or a telegraph pole beside it - and at certain times ie constant strobing - I felt it was best if I moved, just in case :D

Brilliant couple of hours - am home and 'safe' now and it's still going on!

Love it :)

Edited by sconetone
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

What a great evening for storms. I first headed out west to intercept a young cell that had erupted to the west of Birmingham. By the time it passed over me between Uttoxeter and Stafford it was an absolute belter with crazy bright lightning, bolts and gusty winds. I then drove back along the A50 to Derby under frequent flashing, although admittedly it was moving quite quickly to my north. I have just got back to film some flashes as the storm leaves Derby. As I was driving towards Uttoxeter there were branches and leaves on the road, signs of some powerful wind gusts most probably. I also saw a bolt of lightning hit behind the field and a green flash so it must have hit something. 

Okay, I probably would have seen just as much activity staying at home but the lightning was so much better being out in open fields with very little light pollution and decent views as opposed to being in a house on an estate with only the views of other houses. 

I should be tired now, but I am still buzzing :)

• Like 9

Posted

Ok an update

looks like we have three distinct areas the first is from Northampton to Sheffield, The second and the area im looking at for me from Peterborough to Boston and finally the third stretches from Thetford out to the North sea. For me the second line is just to my south in Boston however we have had no stop lightening for over an hour but not much noise, the second front is more active it seems and i anticipate the back edge to be through by 5am. I also expect once the front has moved through for humidity to rise as the warm air floods in behind. I suspect that tomorrow will be quite a warm humid day here in Lincolnshire.

LO

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Very heavy rain right now and frequent lightning. However, a very different feel to this storm than Wednesday's. At the moment a normal, rain and thunder storm. Still a privilege though. Glad I only had a couple of glasses of wine so I could wake up...!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

nobody lives in the south though! these baby thunderstorms packing in excess of 50mph gusts? I doubt it! Though thats extreme for the south isnt it!

Are you mad?

• Like 1

Posted

Still flashing away here, a good storm. Lost some of its power but still good

Posted

Frequent lightning, torrential rain, 3 lightning-producing cells in 2 days. Certainly can't complain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers, Snowy Winters

BRUTAL!!

This is incredible.

• Like 1