Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 02/07/15 Onward - Heat & Plumes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

well logic dictates that as the warm front is already to my north when the cold front catches it up I should be in less volatile situation my south correct or am I clutching at straws

I mean this in the kindest way but surely all his model watching for You must make you more anxious? Surely it's better to ignore them and just see what happens in your back yard. Mother Nature will dictate if you get a storm but surely the anxiety is brief during the storm only if you don't look at the forums and models? Doesn't this build up cause more anxiety potentially for nothing? Edited by Costa Del Fal
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Well even if I don't see anything close tonight, coming out here to the top of a hill in the dark to see the skyline lighting up every 5/10 sevonds or so from the storms in Snowdonia was worth it. It's gone mental in last 20 minutes. Oh to be north of that!

Beautiful

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

One or two stars visible now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Yawn :(

Posted

First rumble of Thunder of the night unless im hearing thinga

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

No surprise the south east is seeing something. If that same uncertainty was here, nothing would happen at all. Lol

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Twenty minutes makes a world of difference

post-4523-0-91571400-1435960673_thumb.pn

post-4523-0-61827200-1435960679_thumb.pn

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Thunderstorms

Been watching the strikes over Southport from 3rd floor balcony, staying in for now, may go out later if the cold front sends things to my East. Seems to be dying down a little overhead and passing pretty quick. Heavy rain passed over so now to wait for the cold front....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

I mean this in the kindest way but surely all his model watching for You must make you more anxious? Surely it's better to ignore them and just see what happens in your back yard. Mother Nature will dictate if you get a storm but surely the anxiety is brief during the storm only if you don't look at the forums and models? Doesn't this build up cause more anxiety potentially for nothing?

yes as I have been told by many family members over the years wait for it don't watch for it as it might circumvent me altogether and I'll get worked up for nothing

but it's become a habit in these types of situation and habits are hard to break even if you know you shouldn't doing it and I am not offended in anyway

edit - corrected an over sensitive profanity filter

Edited by Gordon Webb

Posted

Gosh it's got awfully windy all of a sudden, how refreshing blowing in the room lol I'm like a kid sat in the dark looking out over the chilterns lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

There seems to be some very ott terms being used here so far, "exploding" and "super cells" .... radar would somewhat contradict this at present. I can understand the excitement but we are not seeing a widescale breakdown at present.

• Like 4

Posted

my son is staying up to hopefully see some lightning (he is 11)

his "sky" window is fantastic for lightning - third floor of the house, and 180 degree view :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Can see flickers from that Manchester storm.