Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 02/07/15 Onward - Heat & Plumes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Remembering 17th July last year when the radar was clear around this time then numerous storms erupted from the South coast soon after 22.00 .

Indeed, Met Office shoes initiation around W country for 2200 hours with development becoming more widespread following this.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Remembering 17th July last year when the radar was clear around this time then numerous storms erupted from the South coast soon after 22.00 .

Yep as was the case on July 23rd 2013. All I was seeing were skies like this, then started hearing the booming at midnight! BBC had it spot on that night too. Still insistent on their latest forecast of severe thunderstorms!

Posted

large blobs of rain - most likely remnants of ice/hail at cloud level

I understand, ~ that shower came over us was very very heavy looking,. but it didn't produce much, may'be there's quite a high density of precipitation that isn't making it to the ground or/and being kept up by updraft.. 

Posted

Yep as was the case on July 23rd 2013. All I was seeing were skies like this, then started hearing the booming at midnight! BBC had it spot on that night too. Still insistent on their latest forecast of severe thunderstorms!

i remember that night at 11pm boom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Hey I'm new.is there gonna be any thunderstorms in Bournemouth hehe

Welcome!!! Good chance!! You are in prime location! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Ha, a fellow Bucks resident. The rebellion brewery is over Marlow way right? Few pints of rebellion and a storm on the cards eh?

Absolutely my friend, that tankard is Blonde freshly purchased this evening :-) At danger tho of falling asleep before any action here this evening! lol

• Like 1

I seem to remember at the beginning of this week forecasting some records going down on Wednesday. A new July hottest temp record was duly set. However at the time, my prediction was jumped on by a few trigger happy contributors

This time, I predicted a distinct lack of significant storms let alone super cells and it looks like the very same. It just goes to show that weather models tend to be unreliable. I wonder if the new supercomputer at the met office will overcome this in time...who knows?

Enjoy the nice sunset with a juicy barbecue!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

First land sferics detected over W Wales, feeling v.humid here in Cardiff T@23C DP@12.5C

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 1

Posted

I remember that day, I took these below. Hope to get something tonight with my new camera and lens.

post-5518-0-55692200-1435953952_thumb.jp

post-5518-0-65153000-1435953954_thumb.jp

post-5518-0-20418300-1435953957_thumb.jp

post-5518-0-30506900-1435953960_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

He he shall be looking your way, I'm on other side of the Wash at Sunny Hunny!

*waves*. Snettisham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

OK cheers guys! Guess I'll have a small Pimms whilst I wait!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

first mainland sferics...near Aberystwth

• Like 1

Posted

Plymouth rain looking torrential now!

Also first Sferic goes to Aberystwyth Congratulations!!!

there is nothing falling from the sky!! Edited by jessandjon
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Bartlett style mild and benign

Hey I'm new.is there gonna be any thunderstorms in Bournemouth hehe

I suspect not. think it will all form north and west of here.

The somewhat disturbed looking mid-level cloud formations seem to have gone and clouds melting away here.

Not going to rule it out altogether, of course, but unless something blows up very quickly to the south, we're in for a quiet and probably dry night here.

Edited by Uncle_Barty

Posted

As the cold front begins to move NE it will collide with the unstable airmass, so ppl in the areas of highest cape should start to see cells spurt up across the channel and move N/NE. the most unstable cape is around 23:00 around CS England so it's slowly moving in

• Like 2