Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 02/07/15 Onward - Heat & Plumes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The Dartford/Medway/Essex storm is the Brighton cell reincarnated...died a death where I am (which is literally a few miles from where it is now) and now has reinvigorated...that is how localised it is.

By the way, thanks for all the awesome vids...staggering storms! When you get large hail knocking around, that's the disco ball you get :D so jealous!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

I saw 3 storms visible from where I was in Eastbourne, which carried on until well after 1am :).......still, I'll reserve judgment on tomorrow night until, erm tomorrow night...lol

True there were storms/lightning but not packing the punch as widespread, as some have forecast tomorrow.  I would love to be proved wrong as I will keep an eye on it and drive to Oxford/Gloucestershire.

Gloucester does have a Level 2 on my app.

post-3631-0-87834500-1435855149_thumb.pn

Posted

Got rather dark and windy as that front passed over here, just lost the patio umbrella to a rogue gust.

Looks like a nice little cell developing in the Humberside area 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Two rumbles and the Sun now out.

Pffffff!

Posted

The Dartford/Medway/Essex storm is the Brighton cell reincarnated...died a death where I am (which is literally a few miles from where it is now) and now has reinvigorated...that is how localised it is.

By the way, thanks for all the awesome vids...staggering storms! When you get large hail knocking around, that's the disco ball you get :D so jealous!!

I did wonder- same path- it's like it's done a hop, skip and a jump up the line.

Posted

looks like storms are getting going up north again - around Northumberland and around Glasgow/Edinburgh

Posted

The one that formed near Selby interests me, just tracking it as it passes the York railcams. Would be nice if it intensified and tracked directly north.........

Posted

Got rather dark and windy as that front passed over here, just lost the patio umbrella to a rogue gust.

Looks like a nice little cell developing in the Humberside area 

We've just had this too. What are our chances of seeing something decent?? 

Posted

spotted this on u tube, the north west england storm filmed from the peak district, incredible to think i was under that, rivals a midwest supercell for amount of lightning, and it is not timelasped 

The first cell produced a lot of anvil crawlers with faint thunder, the second cell produced more c-g lightning.

Makes you wonder if a night storm is better looking from the outside than the inside?

• Like 3

Posted

The one that formed near Selby interests me, just tracking it as it passes the York railcams. Would be nice if it intensified and tracked directly north.........

The one right bang over the centre of York is just missing me but winds got right up and another couple of rumbles from this approaching

post-210-0-97895600-1435856209_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

We've just had this too. What are our chances of seeing something decent?? 

Pretty slim id say, looks like everything is firing up east of here

Posted

The one right bang over the centre of York is just missing me but winds got right up and another couple of rumbles from this approaching

At a glance that looks like a mesocyclone :D

Posted

Well the latest BBC forecast looked/sounded very good for Friday night.. If you live in perhaps the SW, then especially Wales and then Northern England again!!

SE - nada. Mind you that does contradict some other models.. and GFS called the precip/storm distribution of Wednesday night better than the BBC/MET graphics IMO. 

• Like 2

Posted

The first cell produced a lot of anvil crawlers with faint thunder, the second cell produced more c-g lightning.

Makes you wonder if a night storm is better looking from the outside than the inside?

i dont mind seeing both !, prefer to be in it though, the heavy rain, rumbling thunder , the smell, most of that lightning last night was elevated and crackly , but we got a few ground shaking bomb like cg as well , a couple were too close for comfort, that cannon boom low freqeuncy sound

Posted

Well the latest BBC forecast looked/sounded very good for Friday night.. If you live in perhaps the SW, then especially Wales and then Northern England again!!

SE - nada. Mind you that does contradict some other models.. and GFS called the precip/storm distribution of Wednesday night better than the BBC/MET graphics IMO. 

Yet all the ingredients for storms are in the SE not really going to listen to the BBC that's for sure. 

Posted

Whatever it is, it's chucking out a lot of rain, and the wind is howling which is bizarre as the rain is coming straight down.

No lightning yet though

Posted

Indeed...getting a bit fed up with this lol...expecting 28-30C tomorrow, 28C Saturday and not so much as a flash for the effort.

As you say it is a couple of models...I'm just waiting for the 5KM NMM which looked awesome for us this morning...GFS still encouraging but usually it's less strong in very short timeframes.

Apparently Euro4 going the way of the UKMO too...ECM not our friend either.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Look's uninspiring for those further south and east tomorrow eve, i have to say.

A messy situation though, i'll be very susprised if it looks like that at 10pm tomorrow.

post-15177-0-32957300-1435857454_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Its looking like NE England is the place to be again, I expect things to kick off further with more thunderstorms developing as the evening wanes for those areas...

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Yesterday severe storm that hit North Yorkshire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRT-u3pMAes

Amazing amount of hail fog. Could be a scene from the midwest in the US..!

Posted

Its looking like NE England is the place to be again, I expect things to kick off further with more thunderstorms developing as the evening wanes for those areas...

I could be in the firing line for a change, seems to be coming my way!