Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 02/07/15 Onward - Heat & Plumes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Looking at all the activity in France, all that stuff is not even going to entertain UK at all, it might push into the channel far east but will miss Kent as well by the look of its track.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Friday into Saturday is interesting. I think its about time us southerners got something, Im still in the NSC!! need some storm action

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

I think I see some mammatus to my south as the first band of rain arrives.

Posted

Chris Fawkes' forecast on BBC (see website) is interesting, if not bizarre. Point at French storms running up SW, C and S England then perhaps more intense storms up north with threat of "large hail".

Not sure what to make of that!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Looks like the rain will make it here, but the thundery stuff staying in France and moving east, same old lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Well Netweather's own forecast seems to poo-poo severe southern storms for tomorrow night ( or at the very least omits any mention of it).

I already think it's gonna be a bust and regret not heading up north yesterday afternoon... :-(

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc

Chris Fawkes' forecast on BBC (see website) is interesting, if not bizarre. Point at French storms running up SW, C and S England then perhaps more intense storms up north with threat of "large hail".

Not sure what to make of that!!

come again... lol then again the BBC are about as good as David Cameron in government.. Oh wait.  :rofl:

How are they seeing this I have no idea... Where are the experts lol?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Skies sure are getting unstable above me and to the south west...

Yep not long till a bit of rain here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

What gets my goat is all that latent heat energy we suffered with yesterday down south has basically been wasted and were only looking at mid 20s tomorrow - which means storms won't be severe :-(

Or am I reading this wrong?

Posted

Well i have to say what a fantastic strom last night here in Aberdeen.  Started at around 145am, tracked up the coast.  Peaked at around 230am.  I am presuming it was an elevated storm (supercell) as there was a lot of lightning above but very little serious thunder.  The storm seemd to come in bursts, 3-4 strikes in quick succession then a break for about a minute then repeat.  I did however see my first twin fork lightning hit the ground.  The rain and hail came on and wind picked up a lot.  I have had the pleasure of travelling often to West Africa and the Gulf of Mexico and this storm last night was very similar in nature.  Thought it would be cooler today but its very humid now and muggy. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Well i have to say what a fantastic strom last night here in Aberdeen.  Started at around 145am, tracked up the coast.  Peaked at around 230am.  I am presuming it was an elevated storm (supercell) as there was a lot of lightning above but very little serious thunder.  The storm seemd to come in bursts, 3-4 strikes in quick succession then a break for about a minute then repeat.  I did however see my first twin fork lightning hit the ground.  The rain and hail came on and wind picked up a lot.  I have had the pleasure of travelling often to West Africa and the Gulf of Mexico and this storm last night was very similar in nature.  Thought it would be cooler today but its very humid now and muggy. 

Exactly the same thing here in Manchester around 10pm, tonnes of lighning, very little thunder and torrential rain. Lasted about 30-45 minutes. Loved it, despite being stuck at a bus stop in it... in Salford, there was huge forklightning covering the skies.

(See above!)

Edited by i luv snow
  • Like 1

Posted

Looks potentially a wet day to come in the south i'm not sure how elevated these showers are moving up but its much fresher today and its only 17°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

We've got three dents in our car bonnet from last night's hail and next door's greenhouse roof is smashed. Some folks in North Yorkshire had a lot worse though...

• Like 1

Posted

come again... lol then again the BBC are about as good as David Cameron in government.. Oh wait.  :rofl:

How are they seeing this I have no idea... Where are the experts lol?

I am not an expert but it does look like an area from Eastern Wales across to Lincs could get a stronger thunderstorm if any cloud breaks appear and the crud in the channel spins away towards Benelux, obviously if cloud spill north through the bulk of the Uk and stops insolation then probably game over, very low end risk but always a chance of something a little bit more pokey late afternoon and evening in a very slim sausage shaped area bounded by Shrops, Worcs in the west and Lincs to Northants in the East.

Nice cold rain for the gardens down here with maybe a cloud fart or two

• Like 2

Posted

Awful night sleep, even now upstairs it is 30c the heat will not dissipate I blame how well insulated the house is. It is over 10C cooler compared to 24 hours ago albeit humidity is a lot higher so it's not all,good.

• Like 1

Posted

You want to be down here on the east Sussex coast bud...it's pretty muggy with thundery looking skies...was bands of Ac Cas earlier which have thickened up substantially since and it's starting to look Rather dark and ominous in the Channel

Indeed,meeting cloudier and darker here, alas no sferics remotely close.

Speaking of close, remarkably humid feeling here suddenly. Not sure whether that will translate into storms judging by activity taking thus far.

I am not an expert but it does look like an area from Eastern Wales across to Lincs could get a stronger thunderstorm if any cloud breaks appear and the crud in the channel spins away towards Benelux, obviously if cloud spill north through the bulk of the Uk and stops insolation then probably game over, very low end risk but always a chance of something a little bit more pokey late afternoon and evening in a very slim sausage shaped area bounded by Shrops, Worcs in the west and Lincs to Northants in the East.

Seems to be thoughts on Convective Weather UK, Paul

Cheers Paul :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

By the looks of it we have storms incoming in Devon. I thought there would be no lightning but there seem to have been a few strikes near Dartmouth.

Posted

Indeed,meeting cloudier and darker here, alas no sferics remotely close.

Speaking of close, remarkably humid feeling here suddenly. Not sure whether that will translate into storms judging by activity taking thus far.

Seems to be thoughts on Convective Weather UK, Paul

Who are Convective Weather Uk Harry ?

Got a Link to that ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Im loving that term, 'cloud fart'. Definitely stealing that one. Fingers crossed for tomorrow night now.

Posted

By the looks of it we have storms incoming in Devon. I thought there would be no lightning but there seem to have been a few strikes near Dartmouth.

Yeah, just noticed those pop up myself, a nice early start. :)

Here is to another day of scrambling around various webcams. Crewe looked quite impressive for a short while yesterday evening.

Edited by Darandio