Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

What a horrible day! Cold and wet this afternoon after the briefest glimpse of sun earlier this morning. Discovered a melon growing in my allotment greenhouse though, so all is not quite lost lol! Though summer certainly looks over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

What a horrible day! Cold and wet this afternoon after the briefest glimpse of sun earlier this morning. Discovered a melon growing in my allotment greenhouse though, so all is not quite lost lol! Though summer certainly looks over.

Wow! What type of melon? Mine made many flowers but no melons, so it is a pretty pointless melon plant :cc_confused: Too late for mine to melon now. :closedeyes: Finally have some weather in what has been an incredibly tedious summer  of non weather events and endless days of the same old cloud and sun nonsense.  :lazy: Downside is that it ruined next door's 8th party of the summer. All the bottles of whisky were rushed indoors :blink2:  Roll on winter and its endless cloud and drizzle. :wallbash: We shouldn't have weather in the UK, it can never get it right. ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Rain finally sodded off here, not heavy but irritating, mild and humid though. gonna be a restless night again due to heat and humidity, windows open to let the air pass.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Nice dry sunny day till this evening when it clouded over, a little bit or rain in the air now, lighter than drizzle, not sure if we'll get anything heavier and feels humid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Wow! What type of melon? Mine made many flowers but no melons, so it is a pretty pointless melon plant :cc_confused: Too late for mine to melon now. :closedeyes: Finally have some weather in what has been an incredibly tedious summer  of non weather events and endless days of the same old cloud and sun nonsense.  :lazy: Downside is that it ruined next door's 8th party of the summer. All the bottles of whisky were rushed indoors :blink2:  Roll on winter and its endless cloud and drizzle. :wallbash: We shouldn't have weather in the UK, it can never get it right. ;)

The melon variety is called 'Ogen' if I remember rightly. Bit of a tomato jungle in the greenhouse at the moment and I found the melon whilst harvesting tomatoes. Melon is fist sized already so hope it ripens! 3rd year lucky lol, last year and the year before only had flowers like your plant.

Heavy rain here this evening has now cleared. Been a pretty crap week, outlook is quite grim too. Definitely a summer to forget!

Posted

The melon variety is called 'Ogen' if I remember rightly. Bit of a tomato jungle in the greenhouse at the moment and I found the melon whilst harvesting tomatoes. Melon is fist sized already so hope it ripens! 3rd year lucky lol, last year and the year before only had flowers like your plant.

Heavy rain here this evening has now cleared. Been a pretty crap week, outlook is quite grim too. Definitely a summer to forget!

Googled Ogen, that is impressive, if it doubles in size then it will be fully grown. It might hit 27c on Saturday and then the threat of thunder on Sunday, but so far this summer, only two half hearted storms have hit here, so I'm expected nothing. But it's not like I am missing out on snow, so not too bothered. :D

Posted

Yesterday was weird, drying the washing outside in the morning, then dark, rainy, damp..and seemingly damp/cold for a couple of hours before sort of warming again late evening. 

I am considering staying in a tent in Sussex Sunday/Monday...Matt Hugo tweeting about a 'potential severe weather set up' does not fill me with confidence!! And I have to make the decision today....hmmm....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Definitely a summer to forget!

I felt that way too sb, so thought I would check if fact supported the disappointing impression of this summer. Whilst they are UK-wide stats, the Met Office summaries for May, June and July confirm it's been disappointing. We'll have to await the official verdict on August but we've not had any long settled spell to make it memorable for the right reasons! As a crumb of comfort I suppose we (in this Region) should cheer ourselves up by bearing in mind we've had the best of a poor summer in the UK thanks to the frequent SE/NW split.

May - rather wet and cool.

UK mean temp 0.8 °C below the long-term average. Max temps the coldest May since 1996. Rainfall 157% of average - the 4th substantially wetter than average May in the last five years. Sunshine 95% of average.

June - rather cool but very warm at the end of the month.

UK mean temp 0.4 °C below the long-term average. Rainfall above average over Scotland, but England, Wales and Northern Ireland were drier than average. Parts of the London area and East Anglia were especially dry with less than a third of average rainfall in some places. Overall UK rainfall total was 75% of average. Sunshine 116% of average.

July – a hot humid start but overall cool and rather changeable.

UK mean temp 0.7 °C below the long-term average with some notable cool nights. UK rainfall total was 140% of average. Sunshine amounts unremarkable generally, amounting to 96% of average. The max temp of 36.7 °C at Heathrow on the 1st was a new UK record for July. 

If anyone wants to see the full analysis with videos and graphs, they are here http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/summaries/2015

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Like a Turkish sauna out there! 90% humidity and with the cloud breaking and sun peeping out the temp has shot up from 15 earlier to 19C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Stopped raining now just cloudy with the sun trying to poke through at times.

Posted

Yesterday was weird, drying the washing outside in the morning, then dark, rainy, damp..and seemingly damp/cold for a couple of hours before sort of warming again late evening. 

I am considering staying in a tent in Sussex Sunday/Monday...Matt Hugo tweeting about a 'potential severe weather set up' does not fill me with confidence!! And I have to make the decision today....hmmm....

That's a tricky one, sometimes these severe weather events mount to nothing. Flip a coin :D The atmosphere was described as 'juicy' on the BBC, :cc_confused:  cloudy and juicy here 21.6c :blink2:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Rain this morning, now cloudy and good old Bedford breeze is getting started with the sun trying to poke through. Actually finding it quite pleasant out side, even if it quite humid and heavy.

Posted

That's a tricky one, sometimes these severe weather events mount to nothing. Flip a coin :D The atmosphere was described as 'juicy' on the BBC, :cc_confused:  cloudy and juicy here 21.6c :blink2:

Juicy?! :D

Do trendy places like Shoreditch get juicy weather while the rest of us get humid? How bizarre!

Talking of strange weather words (or made up)...there's misslemid here...misty, drizzle and humid. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Afternoon, the weather has been rather forgettable of late, which is good as I haven't had internet until today here in Chatteris.

The weekend however does look interesting.

Posted

Another vile day here, heavy clouds, drizzle and humid. At least there has been virtually no wind. Temp currently just 20C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Currently, it's bright, breezy and 22C. A horribly sticky night coming up?

Edited by Ed Stone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

not looking forward to the weekend warmth, but that's just me being a spoil sport. May just have to do a rain-dance.

Posted

not looking forward to the weekend warmth, but that's just me being a spoil sport. May just have to do a rain-dance.

No need for the dance, weekend is already looking moist Sat and through Sun, the warmth is nice it is the humidity that will get you.

Posted

It is Stick night?

Currently, it's bright, breezy and 22C. A horribly stick night coming up?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Another dull windy drizzly day in Cambridge, Saturday looks like another one day affair but at least it might break up the monotony a bit

Posted

Another dull windy drizzly day in Cambridge, Saturday looks like another one day affair but at least it might break up the monotony a bit

as  for sunday its looking like a day in bed!!!