Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very dull and dreary day here with sporadic drizzle in the wind. Not feeling overly cool at 21C but still very disappointing for mid August. Next week looks a bit more promising at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

So the low did make it up to us, stuck right over us but it's not where any model put it till later on, wasn't it meant to be east of scotland by now. So anyone blaming the met is just being silly, this is the complication that small features from the south alway seem to cause, we should be used to it by now rather than complaining about it.

It looks like things could develop today from that chart, I'll be watching out incase. 

Absolutely agree with your point in bold. I'm not sure if you mean my post from last night when you say "anyone blaming the met is just being silly", but just to clarify the point I was trying to make. It's actually because these set-ups are so complicated that it's one of the rare occasions when the Met Office forecast (in this case the 'when & where' storms will break out) can struggle for accuracy. And therefore it's also one of the rare occasions when knowledgeable amateurs have as good a chance of pinning the tail on the donkey as the Met. I guess we'll all have our personal opinions as to whether the Met slightly missed the donkey's bottom on this occasion!   :)​    

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Just as long as someone floats the UK back to more temperate climes and away from Thailand.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Absolutely agree with your point in bold. I'm not sure if you mean my post from last night when you say "anyone blaming the met is just being silly", but just to clarify the point I was trying to make. It's actually because these set-ups are so complicated that it's one of the rare occasions when the Met Office forecast (in this case the 'when & where' storms will break out) can struggle for accuracy. And therefore it's also one of the rare occasions when knowledgeable amateurs have as good a chance of pinning the tail on the donkey as the Met. I guess we'll all have our personal opinions as to whether the Met slightly missed the donkey's bottom on this occasion!   :)​    

Nah the moaners in the storm thread. But as this wasn't storm related I put it in here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Lightning off the Essex Coast. Thunder heard too. :)

Posted

Step forward Clacton-on-Sea!! You are tonight's winners (if you like T&L)!! 

Lightning 20.00 post-20040-0-44330900-1439579045_thumb.j Rainfall 19.45 post-20040-0-10141200-1439579095_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

What a dreary evening, been raining for 2 hours of various intensities, IMBY it started getting dark before 8 as well - the nights are definitely drawing in, feeling distinctly Autumnal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Yeah very autumnal these past few days, I'm up at 5.45 every morning and really noticing the darkness closing in this week, same in the evenings. The grey skies and rain haven't helped matters much either. Hopefully another few decent weeks before the onset of proper autumn weather at least

Posted

its  pouring down outside  thk for  for rain alarm  i took me coat    before i left for the club   on me walk  back i stayed dry outside!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Turning into a horrible August here after quite a reasonable first week and last weekend. Come back June, all is forgiven lol, at least it was sunny! Can tell it's been a much cooler summer this year from my allotment plants, everything is weeks behind. Hopefully will get a few butternut squash to actually ripen, had loads last 2 years. Couple of weeks of sun and heat should do it.....

Posted

Well the heavens have opened here in the last hour, about time too, but no thunder lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Turning into a horrible August here after quite a reasonable first week and last weekend. Come back June, all is forgiven lol, at least it was sunny! Can tell it's been a much cooler summer this year from my allotment plants, everything is weeks behind. Hopefully will get a few butternut squash to actually ripen, had loads last 2 years. Couple of weeks of sun and heat should do it.....

The 18z looks rather plumetastic all the way through!! Reload after reload. We can only hope it's correct.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Feels nicer and less humid than of recent days, but it's a shame all the instability's gone. Nice start though, with some Cumulus around, and a little high-level Cirrus around.

Posted

It's a beautiful morning here - sunny, feeling much fresher than of late with a nice breeze and a comfortable 18.5C. I've just walked the dogs along the footpath through the local allotments and I thought the sky looked terrific. High wispy cirrus and a few fair-weather cumulus just starting to bubble up.

post-20040-0-37405300-1439636199_thumb.j

Edit: We must have posted at the same time Rain123! Yes, it's lovely out there!

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 1

Posted

Lovely sunny fresh morning here. The inevitable infill cloud has arrived though sadly, temp a mediocre 20C. At least it's usable lol.

Posted

Cloudy here, from the start thought it was going to clear at one stage when there were some sunny spells but then clouded over again.

Posted

The 18z looks rather plumetastic all the way through!! Reload after reload. We can only hope it's correct.

Latest GFS very interesting for next Sun night (for storm lovers), looks plumetastic for sure. Then later in the run charts showing up that, in January, would cause mass hysteria on here lol. Nice to see high pressure featuring much more strongly though of course it's all just lines on a chart at this stage!

Posted

Nice sunny start today, for the moment it looks like it may stay that way. However the sun may start clouds bubbling up later. 

Posted

No yellow swirl to be seen here this August is quickly becoming substandard I see GFS is entertaining the idea of a plume, some time out next weekend. With 18C isotherm blanketing parts of this region hot moist air from mainland - temperatures perhaps going back into low 30's this would be nice, a final hoorah?

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1