Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

As attention has moved to the NE, a new thread is here...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well July certainly arrived with a bang. It is currently being taken down the nick and having an ASBO slapped on it  :rofl:

Temperatures still in the mid-twenties, managed to have a couple of beers down the Wetherspoons in town. Certainly pleasant enough. I must admit to liking the continental summer climate that we have got a brief taste of.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

could really do with a storm right now, its absolutely baking in my house. It still says 28c outside!  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

it maxed out at 34.8 here today and working outside for a living it was like working in a sauna. Then again, I feel for those commuting from London on trains tubes and buses this evening(I did that in a previous life and that aint much fun either lol). Still 26.3 degrees outside.Not going to bother going to bed as too blinking  hot so will watch the England women show the men how it should be done later. Come on England !!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

could really do with a storm right now, its absolutely baking in my house. It still says 28c outside!  

I think you might have to jump in the car and head for somewhere like Stoke. Some good storms breaking out between Birmingham and Manchester this evening. Yesterday's NMM CAPE/LI charts showed that area as one with a high storm potential for tonight, so a good call from the model.

post-20040-0-59900300-1435785425_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So where do we go from here then?

Tomorrow is one of those annoying days where it could be wet and warm, but it could also be bright and hot again. The warmest 850s cling onto the region enough to suggest that 30C could be possible, it could also be possible that the warmest conditions could occur during the morning.

nmmuk-0-28-0.png?01-19

A high of 28C predicted for London, but major uncertainty.

Friday looks simpler though, dry and sunny for most of the day

nmmuk-0-51-0.png?01-19

27-29C, cooler on the coast, again 30C could be possible in the capital.

Saturday

Still disagreement on this day, it looks like a warm front will push north Friday night bringing the risk of torrential rain with thunder, this should clear during the early part of the morning to leave sunny spells, but uncertainty on the instability available and how quick the cold front pushes through (unlike most scenarios the cold front will be the weaker front here). 

nmmuk-0-72-0.png?01-19

low thirties possible if the pattern is viable for it, the UKMO solution would produce a maximum of 26/27C.

Interestingly the cooler air really struggles to push into the region, mid to high twenties still possible on Sunday and Monday as the warm continental air still influences our region to some degree.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Already an hour past my bedtime but its not even worth the effort of trying to sleep at the moment, I have no scientific measurement but the temperature in my bedroom is currently hot enough to fully melt a kitkat chunky so sleep aint gonna be happening!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Lovely and cool here. Dunno what the temperature is but it's near perfection.

Storm? Hot? Humid? Close?

Baaaaah!!!

Anyone wanna swap places for the night?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

So is this an exact science and could 38.5*C have been toppled today if it wasn't for the cloud?  Looking at the METAR's for Heathrow it toppled by 4*C before rising again. If that 4*C drop didn't happen would 36.7*C have become 40.7*C?

EGLL 011020Z 15016KT CAVOK 34/13 Q1011 NOSIG

EGLL 011050Z 17015KT CAVOK 32/12 Q1011 NOSIG

EGLL 011120Z 16010KT CAVOK 30/14 Q1011

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Nearly midnight and still 26c outside!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Been out for a couple of Ribenas, :drinks: I almost brought my bar chair with me, as I got stuck to it. Still 25c out, classic bar brawl weather, lots of drunk, hot and bothered, groups of people around, so we made a sharp exit. :drunk:  Came home to find my brother sitting in his pants eating ice cream :rolleyes:  it is 31.5c in my bedroom. :vava:

• Like 3

Posted

So is this an exact science and could 38.5*C have been toppled today if it wasn't for the cloud? Looking at the METAR's for Heathrow it toppled by 4*C before rising again. If that 4*C drop didn't happen would 36.7*C have become 40.7*C?

EGLL 011020Z 15016KT CAVOK 34/13 Q1011 NOSIG

EGLL 011050Z 17015KT CAVOK 32/12 Q1011 NOSIG

EGLL 011120Z 16010KT CAVOK 30/14 Q1011

It does not work like this the cloud did inhibit the proposion but once it cleared when the sun was strongest it shot up potentially it may have been a degree or 2 higher but we'll never know. Furthermore if we had a direct S'ly 2003 record would have been beaten imo instead we had a SE'ly there is an increased track for the hot air to travel think of it as easier the route the more efficient it is, also many coastal areas especially have been subjected to onshore breezes as sea is a lot colder than the land it is not the best orientation to achieve record breaking temperatures. A cutting S'ly (x) from Iberia was missing (tick).

This is just my thoughts if things went more favourably today. :whistling:

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Considering sleeping downstairs tonight, upstairs is like a sauna.

Posted

Sunny start here, still feeling warm. The question is how long will it stay sunny for and hence how warm will it get?

Posted

Sunny start here, still feeling warm. The question is how long will it stay sunny for and hence how warm will it get?

Some cloud moving NE wards atm, so not for long ?? http://www.sat24.com/en/gb  Maybe a rumble or 2 in it ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

Morning everyone. What an awful night for sleeping. Temperature on the rise again now at 22.1 degrees and humidity fallen to 65%. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Last night was stupidly warm in the house, was a complete nightmare. That's what I hate about extreme heat during the day...more often or not you pay for it at night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Incoming for Kent?

If you were a betting man you'd have a flutter on that! However, I've been watching the Lightning Detector for the last hour and the lightning seems reluctant to depart the French coast. Come on... one of you beauties must fancy some rosbif!! :D

post-20040-0-46164600-1435821325_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

I know this is very unscientific, but my little Oregon alarm clock just says sun for today. It's usually pretty accurate. However there was a mackerel sky here yesterday which suggests rain. We shall see.

Topped 33 degrees C here yesterday. Was out in the car and as I passed Lower Kingswood around 4pm, the car read 34 degrees C.

I suspect some rain but maybe no storms or very minor for today.

I am no weather expert so don't take my word for it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

At least we have a nice big stick to beat the north with the next time they complain about the south getting all the storms  :rofl:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Captain summed today up perfectly imo, it can go one way or another and could even be down to a few mile difference as to whether you hit a thundery shower or not.

I reckon the best thing is to expect little then can't be disappointed, on the plus side if it stays dry another BBQ is on the cards :)

Posted

A nice bit of rain, maybe a clap of thunder and then back to summer. Sounds good to me, looking at next week it looks lovely with temp between 22 and 26