Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I presume the fronts associated with the low that was Henri are moving more slowly than expected? 

Posted

Looking at the radar it seems to be happening in France give it a couple of hours

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Not ment to start or even get going till around lunch time.. 

"calm before the storm" 

Thanks Lukey. The news and weather last night was saying how bad it would be for the morning rush hour....

Thanks Lukey. The news and weather last night was saying how bad it would be for the morning rush hour....

The low has done what only 10% of models picked up and been a lot slower in getting here.. 

But you can now see it is gaining "umph" and heading our way..

Although the wind (unless caught in a convective shower) won't be much it is the rain and thunderstorms we have to keep an eye on.. 

post-12648-0-39577300-1442394950_thumb.j

post-12648-0-69557200-1442394955_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Nice morning in Cambridge with more sun than cloud for a change. Not expecting anything much later judging by hi res models though will be keeping an eye on the radar just in case

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Aye, The remnants of Tropical Storm Miliband  Henri are looking rather like turning into a damp squib! :D

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Aye, The remnants of Tropical Storm Miliband  Henri are looking rather like turning into a damp squib! :D

Haha yes after all the usual over excited hype it's cloudy, chilly and breezy. Just like the day before.....and the day before that...and...actually, it's better than those days, it's actually dry!

• Like 1

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Looking at the radar it seems to be happening in France give it a couple of hours

Certainly is developing in France and heading for the UK. But as Surrey mentioned, the Low is making progress at its own pace and won't be hurried by what the forecasts said. 

Radar 07.00 this morning. Way down in France. post-20040-0-12859500-1442399329_thumb.j 11.00 Getting there! post-20040-0-11884700-1442399350_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Nice morning here, been able to walk dogs over fields in dry and run some errands in town. Was expecting my day off to be a wash out by now!

Looking at radar, bands of rain getting going now towards my south so not long before its wet here.

Just an ordinary autumn day then - persistent heaving rain with a bit of wind.

Time to stick net flicks on & watch some films while this boring weather takes place, glad it's getting drier & brighter towards the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Haha yes after all the usual over excited hype it's cloudy, chilly and breezy. Just like the day before.....and the day before that...and...actually, it's better than those days, it's actually dry!

The rain is coming but it's light for now, the heavy stuff is still in france but is coming slowly this way. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The rain is coming but it's light for now, the heavy stuff is still in france but is coming slowly this way.

What a difference to forecasts though, I watched the BBC forecast late last night. I wonder what has changed so dramatically? It's all moving much more slowly than forecast. Must be much harder to forecast stuff coming up from the south? Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

What a difference to forecasts though, I watched the BBC forecast late last night. I wonder what has changed so dramatically? It's all moving much more slowly than forecast.

It happens, one of the other lows from Biscay this year was a whole 24 hours slower in moving north. It seems to be a difficult area to forecast from. I think it's because they are literally developing so close to us. 

• Like 1

Posted

looks  like  kent going to be  very wet soon  looking at the radar

Posted

if this carry on all afternoon   would  not be surprised  of flooding in our area by this evening its tipping down out side and the  main  band is no were near us yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

gone cloudy, rain to be expected in the next 20mins i thinking looking at radar. not expecting any flashes.although i've got a headache but i expect no bangs either.

Posted

Glad I got the shopping done during this mornings drizzle, looks like this heavier band is set in for a bit, it keeps back building, the other end is still in France, and will probably still be there next radar grab.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

According to the Real-Time Lightning Map, Chelmsford has just had the first lightning of the day in the UK.

14.15 post-20040-0-71239100-1442409571_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

14:45pm and the rains starts, as it did yesterday, you couldn't make it up. Just as i'm about to pop out.

Edited by Dami

Posted

According to the Real-Time Lightning Map, Chelmsford has just had the first lightning of the day in the UK.

14.15 attachicon.gifLightning 14.15.jpg

That area of lightning in north/central France is pretty amazing. 450 strikes per minute near Dijon. Really cutting the mustard (I'll get my coat). Don't think it's heading this way, however.

• Like 1