Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

looks  like us in this area might have to batten down looks like its could get a bit wild on wednesday

It certainly is looking to be a very lively day tomorrow tinybill, with everything but the kitchen sink in the forecast - heavy rain, strong winds and thundery showers!

The NMM view on Wed into Thurs:

Rainfall Wed 18.00 post-20040-0-61431100-1442300989_thumb.p Wind Wed 18.00 post-20040-0-14079200-1442301027_thumb.p

Finally, a nasty little feature moves out into the North Sea in the early hours of Thurs. Hope there's no 'sting jet' on this occasion as the last time that happened it brought down trees here and I was without electricity for 24 hours.

Thurs 01.00 post-20040-0-06801100-1442301285_thumb.p

It certainly is looking to be a very lively day tomorrow tinybill, with everything but the kitchen sink in the forecast - heavy rain, strong winds and thundery showers!

The NMM view on Wed into Thurs:

Rainfall Wed 18.00 attachicon.gifNMM Precip Wed16Sept 18.00.png Wind Wed 18.00 attachicon.gifNMM Vent Wed16Sept 18.00.png

Finally, a nasty little feature moves out into the North Sea in the early hours of Thurs. Hope there's no 'sting jet' on this occasion as the last time that happened it brought down trees here and I was without electricity for 24 hours.

Thurs 01.00 attachicon.gifNMM Vent Thur17Sept 01.00.png

Interesting charts coming out now... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

The grotty November weather continues today so far here with grey skies, the wind is quite blustery and it's chilly at 14C. Tomorrow looks *interesting*, extremely wet at the very least.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

I see their a warning for us on met site for Wednesday fun times ahead!

Posted

radar  saying some beefy   looking storms heading towards Essex  ,Suffolk very soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

very dark here, a bit of rain and the wind got up a tad. Storms seem to hate bedford so much they have an argument, split up then as they move on get back together again.

What is more interesting is that this rain has moved in just as i'm getting rdy to do the school run, already had a powercut here too. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Some periods of rain here - nothing thundery though. Not much else to report on... 

Tomorrow looks interesting. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Torrential rain while driving on the M11 north of Stansted an hour ago, still going looking at the radar. Road slowed to a crawl with a lot of surface flooding yet just a couple of miles further down the road it was bone dry again, amazing how localised it was

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Tonight's the first time I've felt like putting the heating on. I refuse, but it actually feels really cold!

Posted

looking  on the radar  its in france heading  towards  the  u k.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Tonight's the first time I've felt like putting the heating on. I refuse, but it actually feels really cold!

[/quote

Hello Lauren.

You sound just like my wife. She is always reluctant to put the central heating on. In the winter the rest of us sit around sucking strong peppermints to stay warm!

Late this afternoon we had a torrential downpour lasting about 15 minutes, but all is quiet at present before tomorrows exciting weather that is forecast to hit us.

Kind Regards

Dave

Posted

[/quote

Hello Lauren.

You sound just like my wife. She is always reluctant to put the central heating on. In the winter the rest of us sit around sucking strong peppermints to stay warm!

Late this afternoon we had a torrential downpour lasting about 15 minutes, but all is quiet at present before tomorrows exciting weather that is forecast to hit us.

Kind Regards

Dave

could  be a very interesting  day   me thinks

Posted

Some nice skies around Milton Keynes today, with a few pretend tornados (scud).

I also have a lovely time lapse of some big cloud movement and scud (hosted on Twitter) will see if I can link it.

First you see the scud, it fades and another appears. Then re-watch and just watch the top of the shot for the violent cloud movement.

Take a look at @Nico1a_'s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Nico1a_/status/643836463814209536?s=09

post-20787-0-01188300-1442346171_thumb.j

Edited by nicol@
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Yes, quite wet last night, especially if one had an outside training session at Luton at 6pm,! Bouncing torrential rain for 30 mins non stop. About the wettest I've ever been running I think!

Posted

still quiet out side when is this bad spell due to come

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Quite clear-ish and calm here at the moment.

mark my words if its going to a blow a hooley it will do it at 3PM this afternoon. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Heads up for the SE between 10z-18z today

attachicon.gifshowforecast.cgi.png

In region 2 (UK) the occlusion stalls at the surface from 10-15Z with CAPE, a clear convergence zone and enhanced storm-relative helicity and low level shear, even if a bit displaced toward central England while convective initiation chances seem best in the southeast. This region and the English Channel area is highlighted by the steepest mid and low level lapse rates, with cold air advection aloft before the low levels stabilize. If low level S-R helicity and thunderstorms occur in the same location this region has decent chances of seeing a tornado. The 18Z GFS run shifts the incoming PV trigger more towards the UK.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

I see our rain is in France heading our way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Very little overnight rain fell here. Currently a gentle breeze and brightening up. Temp 13.6C.

A look at the radar shows the first pulse of heavy rain was only a glancing blow (Kent worse effected) and it's now clearing off into the North Sea. So attention switches to this afternoon & evening and the arrival of unstable air - should be enjoyable radar & detector watching.

CAPE & LI 20.00 post-20040-0-23708000-1442389548_thumb.p