Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Very depressing day, so much dark cloud and feeling cold, just 15C here at 2pm. Sun came out for about 15 minutes earlier and it felt much warmer very briefly, shows the sun is still quite strong. Hoping this yucky airstream will move off very soon allowing sunnier skies.

Dark at 8pm, this is taking the left trouser leg, it's only the 3rd of September. :angry: At this rate it'll be dark at 2pm come November. :angry: Oh...... weatherwise, had some blah in the morning which never cleared leaving a blah day with temps stuck in blah land. :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Dark at 8pm, this is taking the left trouser leg, it's only the 3rd of September. :angry: At this rate it'll be dark at 2pm come November. :angry: Oh...... weatherwise, had some blah in the morning which never cleared leaving a blah day with temps stuck in blah land. :angry:

Another day of utter cack, lassie!

Just a tad?? But a fantastic pic nonetheless!  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,snow+gales

Showery,cool,grey and rubbish day really for early September.Currently just 11c but at least it's not raining.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Bugger! What a crappy winter outlook! :cray:http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebtv2.php

NOOOOooooooooooo, not another winter like 2 years ago please. Hopefully the CFS is wrong it sometimes is, well often actually. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Bugger! What a crappy winter outlook! :cray:http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebtv2.php

Don't panic yet, it's a long way off and it's the CFS!! (He says, desperately trying not to get depressed!).

Well I thought I would wake up to grey and wet and actually the sun is out with just thin patchy stratus floating around. Today's weather forecast has been causing the pro's some problems. Yesterday's forecast suggesting a stinker with rain on and off. This morning some back-peddling with it largely dry apart from the very east of the Region. Looking at the rainfall radar I think the low that's sinking down the North Sea has slipped further east than anticipated. Good!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Yet another cold, gloomy morning here, a rather lacklustre 12C currently. Quite depressing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Grey windy and cool in Cambridge as has been the case for the majority of the past 6 weeks. Dry for now at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Dire day here, managed about 30 seconds of sunshine early afternoon from a fortunate break in the cloud. Overcast and chilly sums it up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

This is a pattern that seems to occur over winter months rather than September.

Ultimate cloud fest and cool.

Not much else to say.

Posted

NOOOOooooooooooo, not another winter like 2 years ago please. Hopefully the CFS is wrong it sometimes is, well often actually. 

Good to hear that the CFS is often wrong. Well usually the opposite happens to what is forecast long range wise.

Here is another attempt at a winter forecast http://veryweather.co.uk/uk-winter-forecast-stormy-snowy-2015-16-weather/

Don't panic yet, it's a long way off and it's the CFS!! (He says, desperately trying not to get depressed!).

Well I thought I would wake up to grey and wet and actually the sun is out with just thin patchy stratus floating around. Today's weather forecast has been causing the pro's some problems. Yesterday's forecast suggesting a stinker with rain on and off. This morning some back-peddling with it largely dry apart from the very east of the Region. Looking at the rainfall radar I think the low that's sinking down the North Sea has slipped further east than anticipated. Good!

It would be depressing having another soggy mild winter. That would be three with no snow here, as for today, got October gloom in September, not very warm out either. 15.9c

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Today has been one of those days when there are very grey storm like clouds but nothing happens. We had some drizzle around lunchtime, but that was it.

Posted

Been around parts of the region today on site visits, Little Canfield, Clavering, Thaxted, Kentford and Newmarket, and the re occurring theme being the car thermostat didn't get above 14 deg's.

Got home at 7pm and it was getting dark.

• Like 1

Posted

It has been strangely cool for the time of year quite a windchill in low-lying East London really appalling seeing people in their coats you wouldn't think it's the fourth of September to me we're still in Summer start acting like it!

Posted

Good to hear that the CFS is often wrong. Well usually the opposite happens to what is forecast long range wise.

Here is another attempt at a winter forecast http://veryweather.co.uk/uk-winter-forecast-stormy-snowy-2015-16-weather/

It would be depressing having another soggy mild winter. That would be three with no snow here, as for today, got October gloom in September, not very warm out either. 15.9c

That's a better winter forecast! Whilst very broad-brush, it seems to feel right to me.

• Overall temperatures for the period down on average (likely to be correct with the SST's well below norm in the Atlantic and thus hopefully delivering below normal temperatures for the UK - more info in the 'Cool Atlantic' thread in 'General Weather Discussions').
  • Nov & Dec stormy but a couple of northerly blasts with hopefully some snow reaching the south.
  • Jan a cool month with snowfall even in the south.

I'd be happy with that winter! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

It was either put the heating on this evening or put the onesie on....the onesie won!

Posted

It was either put the heating on this evening or put the onesie on....the onesie won!

Just had a barbecue and I was in a t-shirt only, felt fine. Although I was doing the cooking so I was near the fire. :diablo: Sitting by my fan now to cool off :cold:

That's a better winter forecast! Whilst very broad-brush, it seems to feel right to me.

• Overall temperatures for the period down on average (likely to be correct with the SST's well below norm in the Atlantic and thus hopefully delivering below normal temperatures for the UK - more info in the 'Cool Atlantic' thread in 'General Weather Discussions').
  • Nov & Dec stormy but a couple of northerly blasts with hopefully some snow reaching the south.
  • Jan a cool month with snowfall even in the south.

I'd be happy with that winter! 

Much better than the big bag of onions the CFS is serving up. :D

Edited by lassie23

Posted

Dull and grey with light drizzle here at the mo. Temp 12C. The Cloud Cover satellite shows the clearance over Northern England that the west of our Region should enjoy later, but East Anglia and Kent look prone to cloud off the North Sea for most of the day (no doubt finally clearing this evening ready for a chilly night).

post-20040-0-29762900-1441440333_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Its only in the eves I notice it being that much cooler.

But seriously onzies and heating.

Some of you need to man up and get outside more lol.... :girl_devil: :girl_devil:

Dull and grey with light drizzle here at the mo. Temp 12C. The Cloud Cover satellite shows the clearance over Northern England that the west of our Region should enjoy later, but East Anglia and Kent look prone to cloud off the North Sea for most of the day (no doubt finally clearing this evening ready for a chilly night).

attachicon.gifCloud Cover Sat 08.45.jpg

A good time for cloud worshipers lol...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another poor morning with grey skies and a few spots of rain. 

Yesterday evening I was seriously considering my black coat when I went to Bar hill to do a little shopping. I was that chilly, even more so as the cloud typically dispersed after sunset.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Yet another grey morning, don't think I've seen a proper sight if the sun since this day two weeks ago, hopefully the coming week brings an improvement

Posted

Its only in the eves I notice it being that much cooler.

But seriously onzies and heating.

Some of you need to man up and get outside more lol.... :girl_devil: :girl_devil:

A good time for cloud worshipers lol...

My cat needs to man up :cc_confused:  or should that be cat up :cc_confused::unknw: It got to 9c last night and she has already moved to her winter bed and she has thick fur and everything. :nonono: Got gloom again today 14c, had some rain this morning too, good anti wasp weather though. I can actually go and buy a kilo of cherries, instead of getting a kilo of wasps instead. :yahoo: £12.99 a kilo too, expensive little buggers :blink2: Why do fruit shops keep their cherries outside?  Warming up next week :doh: 

• Like 2