Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Torrential rain in Cambridge, a mini lake has formed outside the office again, seems to be a daily occurrence these past few weeks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Lunch time? :ninja:

Cloudy 17.5c. No showers.........yet!

Heard a second now, this storm, if you could call it that is barely moving, at all, rain has just reached here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A completely dry day here so far. In fact no even a threatening cloud in sight, let alone a shower.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Just got home from working outside and thankfully missed earlier showers. But in the last half hour have had a very heavy shower with torrential rain and hail for 10 minutes (but no T&L).

The lightning detector at 18.00 suggests it's been our Region that's caught the storms today.

post-20040-0-47536300-1441215294_thumb.j  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

This last week or so has really hit home, that we are into Autumn now..  :oops:

:cray:

What gets me is the long of winter ahead, it's like the longest time you have to go until the long, warm days come back.

But yes, definitely a chill in the air in the mornings and evenings now.

• Like 1

Posted

looking at the radar there one or two heavy looking showers in our area at the moment

Posted

:cray:

What gets me is the long of winter ahead, it's like the longest time you have to go until the long, warm days come back.

But yes, definitely a chill in the air in the mornings and evenings now.

End of October last year was lovely, mind boggling it was as if spring was in the offings. September is usually more reliable than August once it's mid October there's a sharp decline in my enthusiasm until the chance of snow comes about - then it's deeply depressing part of the year for the most part. November is a dire month stuck in no man's land for the most part but I think we're getting too ahead of ourselves. How some can wish for a mild dominated Atlantic driven winter I just do not see the interest. Cold + snow and I'm happy. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

End of October last year was lovely, mind boggling it was as if spring was in the offings. September is usually more reliable than August once it's mid October there's a sharp decline in my enthusiasm until the chance of snow comes about - then it's deeply depressing part of the year for the most part. November is a dire month stuck in no man's land for the most part but I think we're getting too ahead of ourselves. How some can wish for a mild dominated Atlantic driven winter I just do not see the interest. Cold + snow and I'm happy. :)

November down south is usually mild and boring. Just got caught in a really heavy shower, soaking wet! :yahoo:

Posted

looking at the radar there one or two heavy looking showers in our area at the moment

Storm has just passed to the south of Norwich tinybill. Now heading for Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft to rattle the roofs of the caravans of late season holiday makers!

......November is a dire month stuck in no man's land for the most part but I think we're getting too ahead of ourselves. How some can wish for a mild dominated Atlantic driven winter I just do not see the interest. Cold + snow and I'm happy. :)

Couldn't agree more Daniel. Although I try and cheer up my Novembers by watching the first snows of the season arrive in the Alps. Always good for moral to check out the webcams and see more and more white as the snow line drops. :yahoo: (But don't mention last winter when it stayed green even into Dec!! :( ). 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Storm has just passed to the south of Norwich tinybill. Now heading for Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft to rattle the roofs of the caravans of late season holiday makers!

We were driving back from friends in North Norfolk and saw a flash to the east of Norwich which was from that cell as it passed over the Broads.  It left quite a bit of standing water on the road near us, though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Nice day yesterday until the rather heavy power shower around 7.30pm -  shelf cloud and pretty skies but no thunder. However after Sunday night's affair in Holland the UK will have to move to match the 6hrs of insanity we experienced!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Got down to 9.5c here last night according to the local station on Wunderground.

Opened the window last night to let some fresh air in after the days and days of rain, also had the fan on, woke up this morning feeling like a block of ice :cold:

​

Posted

More cloud cover overnight, so at 9.3C this morning, not quite as cold as the previous night. Still dull and grey this morning. 

P.S. Just spotted my typo in last night's post - meant to say morale (spirits) and not moral (principles). Although no doubt some of my friends would say I need to raise both!  :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Brr, feeling chilly and autumnal this morning, 9C the low here, now 11C with lots of cloud, yuck.

Posted

Afternoon All,

another 11 degree start in Southend this morning at 5:30, now in London where it has been dull and overcast for most of the morning with the odd brighter bit thrown in to tease us.  Its been dry so far but expecting some wet stuff later, probably for the journey back to Southend.

Cheers

FC

PS My SW France correspondent (the wife) is saying that the 30 degree weather has gone and has been replaced by highs of just 22 degrees with sunshine and rain showers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Well there's something I wasn't expecting!

Like I said this morning, my local Wunderground station reported a low of 9.5c overnight last night, I just got home to check my station, which states it got down to 7.1c at 5:30am!  :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

I dont mind the cooler weather, but can we get rid of the rain now please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Meh - been cool and cloudy today with occasional light rain. What happened to the sunshine?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very depressing day, so much dark cloud and feeling cold, just 15C here at 2pm. Sun came out for about 15 minutes earlier and it felt much warmer very briefly, shows the sun is still quite strong. Hoping this yucky airstream will move off very soon allowing sunnier skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The first day this week where stratus infill has occurred here. Okay it has been mainly dry, but disappointingly cool and cloudy as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Impressive.

MO 3-5 day outlook mentioning the possibility of ground frost.

Never happen round here as next to the sea, but dont see that very often for the first week in Sept.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Thought this week was meant to be pleasant? Cold, windy and grey in Cambridge with a few patchy showers, again feeling like late autumn

• Like 1