Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Any thoughts as to when/if I might reasonably anticipate sferics this far north in the region (please see my profile for my location)?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Well I see Calais has been blockaded again and 3 ferries stuck outside.

I reckon they have a pretty good light show to keep them awake or to stop the boredom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

It's raining here, wet rain too, unlike yesterday's errrrrrr not so wet rain. Warm and muggy out and in. My lawn has been transformed from a dry, yellow patchy one, to a green, wet patchy one. :yahoo: Surely those northerlies this week won't bring frosts as far south as the tropical capital. If so, my tomatoes are screwed. :cray: Got dark at 8.15pm today, double :cray: :cray:

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

As I thought, the winds currently don't favour it, perhaps like you said later anf tomorrow early morning

These cells seem to be on a more favourable trajectory. Will they be lighting up your back garden later!

21.00 post-20040-0-21899600-1440965939_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Two days of cloud and fed up already looks like 3 tomorrow with cold wind and rain, it's a summer bank hol for f**k sake. Feel so sorry for all the local traders on the east coast tomorrow. Iv just looked at my records and the past 5 years not had one decent summer bank holiday yet. In fact I have recorded better sunshine hours on Boxing Day than a August bank holiday just goes to show how poor they really are.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Two days of cloud and fed up already looks like 3 tomorrow with cold wind and rain, it's a summer bank hol for f**k sake. Feel so sorry for all the local traders on the east coast tomorrow. Iv just looked at my records and the past 5 years not had one decent summer bank holiday yet. In fact I have recorded better sunshine hours on Boxing Day than a August bank holiday just goes to show how poor they really are.

August Bank Holiday 2013 was very warm, if not hot! The only reason I remember it so well is that I had my new car hit into on the way back from the beach. I had only had it a day and a dosy twonk on his mobile rear ended me. I sat out waiting for the AA to recover my car for 3 hours and got sunburnt.

Posted

It would appear from NWx radar that our region may be affected by the arc of cells just off the coast of Normandy.

Posted

It would appear from NWx radar that our region may be affected by the arc of cells just off the coast of Normandy.

Yes, looking that way chrisbell. 

Rainfall 22.00 post-20040-0-47301600-1440969806_thumb.j Lightning 22.10 post-20040-0-03996300-1440969839_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Rainfall 22.00 attachicon.gifRainfall Sun 22.00.jpg Lightning 22.10 attachicon.gifLightning Sun 22.10.jpg

I wouldn't be so sure. The storm that passed through the Chanel to the south of Kent started to the west of Le Havre, and missed mainland UK completely. This one is in the same place roughly, so wouldn't be surprised to see it take the same track. Run the radar loop back over the past 2 to 3 hours, it's all circling that flabby low to the south.

Hope i'm wrong of course!

Edited by suffolkboy_

Posted

Rainfall 22.00 attachicon.gifRainfall Sun 22.00.jpg Lightning 22.10 attachicon.gifLightning Sun 22.10.jpg

On the latest radar frames, it appears that the PPN is weakening.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheforecaster

Posted

Well, GFS model seems to have nailed the primary areas of precipitation that we are currently observing,

post-5986-0-88152600-1440971135_thumb.gipost-5986-0-79616500-1440971153_thumb.gi

Rolling it forward, it looks like the heaviest, and most widespread, precipitation around 6am tomorrow; almost certainly nothing this side of midnight.

post-5986-0-78037900-1440971203_thumb.gi

Edited by VillagePlank

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Wet night in west London with intermittent rain and drizzle, thunderstorms still hundreds of miles away so doesn't look like we'll see anything here

Posted

Euro4 doesn't look so good:missing out the stuff to our direct SE: it has, however, picked up on the stuff leaving Normandy. According to this model, almost all over by 6am tomorrow morning,

post-5986-0-16558800-1440971390_thumb.gipost-5986-0-88978800-1440971396_thumb.gipost-5986-0-10681000-1440971402_thumb.gi

Humidity seems to have really risen quite dramatically here in Rochester over last hour or so. It feels still, close, and stormy: plenty of chance for homegrown stuff still.

Posted

Having a good look at things, for Medway, looking at rain starting just after midnight, with all the chances of thunderstorms that brings. More likely between 1am and 5am, in my view. There's a chance of second dip with the cluster just crossing Jersey, now, but not sure that it'll be thunderstorms by the time it gets to Medway.

Posted

Looking like a few storms will make it into Kent and Sussex.

23.15 post-20040-0-41035700-1440973225_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Had a few strikes nearby but nothing great yet,still looks like the main band is following the same path as the others,hope im wrong

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

A few more and some nice thunder to boot,but still the msin action is in the channel,its like the french are blockading the storms as well,cmon france unleash it please,here stormy stormy,come to daddy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Just went outside and saw several distant flashes of lightening across the water, and as I type a rumble of thunder  :)