Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

YOu lot getting it now seeing as we had it all the other day.

Just been drizzle bits here, windy and very humid and sticky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The radar sequence shows painfully slow progress east, so if you're under that squall line, it could be torrential for quite a while. Notably it seems to have stalled for a fair while over west London!

Posted

They obviously not used to proper rain in those parts lol..

Yet again prime example of how these conditions over lat few days is impossible to forecast on rain chart.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Thought it was going to be sunny today :fool: Sill raining hard and the thunder and lightning has perked up a bit too. :crazy:

Posted

They obviously not used to proper rain in those parts lol..

Yet again prime example of how these conditions over lat few days is impossible to forecast on rain chart.

Have to agree seaside. Last night's NMM charts for today particularly poor. Met Office forecast and graphics pretty good.

Thought it was going to be sunny today :fool: Sill raining hard and the thunder and lightning has perked up a bit too. :crazy:

Sounds amazing down there - but can you guys stop hogging all the action and share things around a bit please!  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Have to agree seaside. Last night's NMM charts for today particularly poor. Met Office forecast and graphics pretty good.

Sounds amazing down there - but can you guys stop hogging all the action and share things around a bit please!  :D

It's all suddenly stopped :D Is it safe to go out now..........got a hole in my shoe.

Edited by lassie23

Posted

Lightning near south Mimms earlier. It surprised me while I was sailing around the m25 in the squall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Absolutely nothing here, just some patchy light rain on and off, and now the sun is out under clear blue skies. What a difference 50 miles makes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Can someone lend the weather a calendar, I think it thinks it's October.

• Like 1

Posted

Absolutely nothing here, just some patchy light rain on and off, and now the sun is out under clear blue skies. What a difference 50 miles makes.

Blimey I'm not far from you and we under dark grim skies!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Blimey I'm not far from you and we under dark grim skies!!!!

Which reminds me, I need to change my location in the avatar section.  :rofl:

I'm up in the Fens north of Cambridge which might be the reason for the stark differences in weather.

Posted

Lightning near south Mimms earlier. It surprised me while I was sailing around the m25 in the squall.

I was in a pub in Potters Bar, and can confirm said lightening.

I also discovered my grey suit goes botchy when it rains.

Posted

The rain parted its ways over us, virtually nothing.

Normal service resumed.

Posted

Only finished raining here about 5oc, started about 10oc this morning.Not so good for us self employed gardeners.Must be difficult for them up North and North West of the country this year.Still I must be a bit crazy I always long for cold snowy winters even being a Gardner.

Posted

That was a very interesting day for weather enthusiasts and I really enjoyed watching it all unfold on the radar and sharing the experience on here. Cheers guys.

The squall line that developed earlier, stretching from Reading down to the Channel Islands, was one of the longest I've ever seen on a radar!

I would have liked to experience the squall line, but lassie23 and stainsbloke hogged it all, so by the time it got here there was nothing left. As seaside 60 reported, the rain "parted its way" and some of us got very little. C'est la vie!  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Nothing really heavy here, apart from the lights flashed a few  times, thought we were going to have a power cut.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

That rain this afternoon.......muggings here was going from Feltham to Harefield hospital on his bike at it's peak!

The A312 parkway was pretty much flooded till the A40, then most on the traffic there had to use the middle lane as the gutters on the inside/outside lane were stuffed too! Rain was coming up through the manhole covers where the drains couldn't cope, was NOT pleasant riding i can say. :(