Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted

a  very warm  night thankfully  the wind was blowing via the back so at least  we had  a good sleep, well the  f1 race at spa is looking interesting   looking at the radar it could get very wet there   this afternoon  say the least  should be interesting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

It seems to be a very short band of rain moving through today here.

Tomorrow and Tuesday very different kettle of fish.

Bright breezy morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Beautiful sunny start, but just starting to turn a bit hazy. 21.4C at the mo. There seems a mismatch between the NMM 2km model thoughts on when/where the heavy band of rain will arrive. I've just watched the Met Office forecast on the beeb and it looks to be impacting most of our patch by lunchtime or just after (and we get a soaking). NMM suggesting it gets here later and that the far east of the Region might miss the rain?? My money is on the Met Off.

NMM 15.00 post-20040-0-80892600-1440316851_thumb.p 20.00 post-20040-0-88682500-1440316861_thumb.p

P.S. Just heard the Met Off have lost their contract to do the weather on the beeb!!! What!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sunny start here in south Essex. Can't believe the news about the met office losing the BBC contract. Bad decision.

Posted

P.S. Just heard the Met Off have lost their contract to do the weather on the beeb!!! What!!!!

Oh well that's one less program to watch, sorry but I doubt anyone else can do a decent job.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Sunny start here in south Essex. Can't believe the news about the met office losing the BBC contract. Bad decision.

I agree. It'd soften the blow though, if most of the current presenters were kept on. A decent bunch at the moment IMHO, despite some trollish comments bemoaning a certain weather bias by some of them - I've personally not noticed this. :)

I reckon you guys will be part of the tender process though. I'd be surprised if not. :)

Posted

Well that was a bit of an anti climax.

Not a lot of rain.

Posted

Yesterday was just lovely. Headed up to Broadstairs (not quite how I remember it from as a child in the 1970s) on a cloudless day. Today, a couple of hours of medium intensity rain and now the sun's out, but it's feeling rather sticky.

post-11069-0-53942000-1440346208_thumb.j

post-11069-0-82572700-1440346275_thumb.j

On the Met Office front, their Mobile apps and PC widgets have been absolutely hopeless this year for my area. The independent forecasters have done a much better job around here, and the netweather amateurs generally even better. It costs £100m's a year of taxpayer money to run...it needs to get the weather right, and if it can't, it should go back to the wonderful magnet things from the 80s, or maybe look out of the window occasionally.

Edited by stun12

Posted

Looking at the radar that rain brewing in the English channel things could get very wet on Monday in the uk

Posted

On the Met Office front, their Mobile apps and PC widgets have been absolutely hopeless this year for my area. The independent forecasters have done a much better job around here, and the netweather amateurs generally even better. It costs £100m's a year of taxpayer money to run...it needs to get the weather right, and if it can't, it should go back to the wonderful magnet things from the 80s, or maybe look out of the window occasionally.

Oh you are a wag.

Posted

Oh you are a wag.

Really? You don't think that some of the radar and chart watchers here aren't doing a better job? Especially locally? Maybe we have a better class of amateur here then. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Really? You don't think that some of the radar and chart watchers here aren't doing a better job? Especially locally? Maybe we have a better class of amateur here then. 

We can, yes; but only when things develop in between BBC forecasts...Usually from the radar. :D

Just had a couple of hours' heavy rain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Looks like our pesky low could be pretty pesky..

Anyone read the latest met warning?

Wow Thanks Surrey thanks for the heads up. Been looking at the radar actually the last few hours and it looks lively to say the least in terms of potential anyway. I saw someone earlier today post some cape charts for the southeast earlier which seemed ok

• Like 1

Wow Thanks Surrey thanks for the heads up. Been looking at the radar actually the last few hours and it looks lively to say the least in terms of potential anyway. I saw someone earlier today post some cape charts for the southeast earlier which seemed ok

Indeed in my mobile so can't post exactly but some juicy wording..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Indeed in my mobile so can't post exactly but some juicy wording..

yeah saw the warning . Not often you see that . Also the normal forecast says along the lines of heavy thundery rain will clear to make way for heavy thunderstorms with flooding possible . Wowsers

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

BBC showing storms for later today. Hmmmm...

• Like 1

Posted

Yellow warning of rain:

Areas of rain will run into the UK from the south on Monday morning, with some persistent and heavy rainfall in places. During the afternoon there is an emerging focus for the heaviest of the rain to be in parts of southeast England and East Anglia, where some intense, slow-moving thundery downpours are looking increasingly likely - although as often in these situations, some places will miss the heaviest rain. The public should be aware of the risk of flooding, including disruption to travel. In addition to this there is the potential for strong winds, particularly around exposed coastal areas.

This warning is an update, to increase the focus on southeast England and parts of East Anglia and to raise the probability of medium impacts on the Risk matrix. A further update may be expected early on Monday.

A low pressure system is expected to run into the UK from the south on Monday morning, bringing areas of heavy rain particularly across some southern areas of England. There remains some uncertainty over the locations of the heaviest rain but with the potential for 20 mm to fall quite widely and with 40 to 60 mm possible in some places, much of this falling in a few hours. Latest indications are that the most intense rainfall may be expected across parts of southeast England and the southern portion of East Anglia during the afternoon, as brightening skies supply extra energy, leading to development of slow-moving thundery showers.

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham

Link: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=7&lon=-1.55&lat=52.53&fcTime=1440370800®ionName=se

As a weather enthusiast quite some interest to see how this pans out.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Clouding over already here, not a good day coming up.

Posted

Anyone else notice the radar is behind, just trying to see if its just me ta.

Posted

Anyone else notice the radar is behind, just trying to see if its just me ta.

Yes, mine too. Currently showing 06:15. Raintoday.co.uk still works though.

Posted

Yes, mine too. Currently showing 06:15. Raintoday.co.uk still works though.

Cheers for that