Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted

Totally overcast all day here, with occasional drizzle and light rain. All homemade local stuff which appeared from nowhere and isn't moving anywhere at all. 'Orrible. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It'a nae been brilliant here, either...Certainly nowt to write home about!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Yesterday turned into a shocker here. After a lovely sunny start, by 10.30 it had completely clouded over and by the afternoon was more like a drab grey November day than mid August! Clearly from some posts above, the lucky few managed to hold on to sunnier skies.

And on to today... it's a sunny but chilly start again here in the 'Hadleigh hole', down to 5.6C at 06.00 this morning. Second morning it's been very chilly - no wonder a couple of man-eating spiders have been found marauding around the house scaring Mrs Blessed.... oh alright, me too! Must have been 2 1/2 inches from toe to toe!

Looking forward to some warmer days later this week, although for eastern counties it looks like a drab drizzly Tuesday to get through first.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely sunny fresh morning here, very little wind for once and temps rising past 17C currently. Hopefully the vile infill will stay away today. Week ahead looking rather warm, hot on some models. Would be very welcome.

Edit: Spoke too soon obviously! Vile infill has indeed arrived this afternoon and the models have taken a big turn for the worse. Oh joy lol.

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Lovely morning in Cambridge though as always the cloud soon took over, pleasant day but nothing special.

I work mostly outdoors and haven't been sunburned once all summer which tells it's own story. Mostly cloudy for the week again judging by the met office forecast this evening

Edited by Harps

Posted

looking at the radar Norfolk/Suffolk  could get a bit damp  with the rain coming out of Holland  to-night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Morning all. Quite a gloomy start here, feels chilly too, temp currently 14C. Rain should not bother most of our region today though apart from the far E.

Posted

At 06.30 this morning when I pulled back the curtains and it was dry, I optimistically thought maybe the rain wasn't going to progress as far west as thought. But it started raining 15 mins later and has been steady since. The NMM max temps suggest East Anglia will have to put up with a rather miserable 14C to 15C all day.

Rainfall 08.15 post-20040-0-74034400-1439883012_thumb.j Temp 08.00 post-20040-0-56313900-1439883053_thumb.p 18.00 post-20040-0-96461000-1439883060_thumb.p

Posted

Pouring rain in Cambridge for the past hour and not remotely warm, have a fleece on at the moment, thoroughly miserable day for mid August

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Grim out there today, but chins up, sunnier tomorrow and warming up later this week, we could be knocking on 30C on Saturday if GFS is to be believed?

post-1052-0-30394600-1439887915_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Posted

Grim out there today, but chins up, sunnier tomorrow and warming up later this week, we could be knocking on 30C on Saturday if GFS is to be believed?

attachicon.giftemp_sat.png

Grim it certainly is again! I have a few other choice words for this ghastly weather lol. Am on days off now this week and am freezing my nuts off at the allotment today, horrid.

30C on Sat would be just wonderful! If the cloud keeps away it's possible. Sadly another one day wonder and Sunday looks much cooler and then utterly vile for Monday, though the latest GFS shows the deep low a bit further south giving us 'just' heavy rain and N France the gales instead. Further ahead the BH weekend looks great on the same run......lol

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Raining here, can't complain though most of the rain from the storms the other day missed here. 

Posted

Things have got worse here since I posted at 08.30 this morning. Temperature now down from a miserable 14C to an even more miserable 13.3C!!  :(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Nice steady rain all day, perfect for the garden.

Haven't even noticed its cooler.

Posted

rained  all day  first taste of  end  of summer still haven't had my main Holiday 3  more weeks to wait  have i left it to late this year!!!

Posted

It was dry all day in Milton Keynes and we were treated to mammatus clouds late afternoon and evening (I captured the first small patch). Then a lovely sunset.

post-20787-0-37597800-1439966747_thumb.j

post-20787-0-39571900-1439966755_thumb.j

• Like 5

Posted

Beautiful sunset nicol. You were lucky to escape yesterday's horror!

The first glimpse of some hazy sunshine here as the last dribs and drabs of yesterday's front clears off to the North Sea. Looking forward to 22C later - that might warm my house up again. Spoke to my neighbour last night and they had put their central heating on for an hour!

Currently 15.4C, so already better than yesterday!

Posted

I was only a handful of miles away from the edge of the rain, but it made for an interesting cloudscape for the afternoon. I wasn't expecting a sunset as it had been grey.

Edited by nicol@

Posted

Another cloudy morning here, that should hopefully break up for a few hours and let the sun out before the next load of crud moves in from the west later. Currently 16C.

Edit 9:30am and cloud is clearing, lots of blue sky and sun, yay! :-)

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Looking nice out for now, nice and sunny with some fair weather cumulus heading in from the south, maybe ssw.

Posted

Another cloudy and windy day in Cambridge and now pouring rain back in London. Turning out to be a disappointing month

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

I am currently in new Milton visiting relatives and today has been horrible. It has been wet pretty much all day with some really heavy spells but tomorrow looks better.