Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Bright and breezy is the best way to describe this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

I watched the forecasts for today on Breakfast TV and both the local and national said the threat of showers would clear East Anglia by lunchtime to give a fine, sunny afternoon. Well that wasn't very accurate!! The showers just got heavier and heavier as the afternoon progressed. 

Radar 16.45 post-20040-0-83751200-1438101965_thumb.j Showers rattling through post-20040-0-79333100-1438101992_thumb.j post-20040-0-25768600-1438102010_thumb.j

Posted

Just had a heavy shower come past about an hour ago.

Not impressed, not really forcasted, windows in car left open lol.

Last checked they were moving away well to the north of us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Always check the radar for rain/showers, golden rule :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Another horrible day in Cambridge, barely a hint of sunshine and very windy again, had a fleece on all day and got rightly drenched just before my drive home after a heavy shower

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Nice to have a break from all those humid nights, although it could get down to 7c this week, which is pretty cold for July. :cold: :cold:  Possible frost in Scotland, what next, an August snow flurry. :unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Morning all, lovely sunny start to the day here :)

Posted

As is often the case in showery weather, first thing this morning is most likely the best time today, with lovely clear blue skies before the showers clouds build. Chilly though at 07.00 with a temp of 10C.

It was good last night to see the Look East forecaster admit that the number of showers around in EA during yesterday afternoon was far more than their earlier forecast had thought. Their honesty is very refreshing!

This morning's GFS is suggesting a much warmer weekend coming up for our Region. The Low Pressure expected off the West coast of the UK will pull in some much warmer air with temps of 22C Saturday and 24C Sunday. Any rain holding off until Monday. Hope so - it'll be a nice change to have a poor working week followed by a nice weekend. It's too often been the other way around this summer. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Back in London, jubilation a orrid neighbour has put his house up for sale on for £680k someone could easily add 100k onto that if they spruced it up. it will need to be fumigated and all the rest of it. It has been really quite chilly near the coast especially once dark it took me back to those dim days in October. I can take the rain as it was needed - but these unseasasonable chilly temperatures are not to be obliged. Back into low to mid 20's would be pleasant.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Nice to have a break from all those humid nights, although it could get down to 7c this week, which is pretty cold for July. :cold: :cold:  Possible frost in Scotland, what next, an August snow flurry. :unknw:

Wouldn't be the first time lol.

Posted

I'm sure I just heard thunder, sounded quite far away. Didn't appear to be any lightning on the map either. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Wouldn't be the first time lol.

lol, think it snowed in June once.

I'm sure I just heard thunder, sounded quite far away. Didn't appear to be any lightning on the map either. 

You may well have, managed to avoid the showers here today, but all around me were threatening, dark skies. When is that cold night coming, it's 14c at the moment. Big party going on next door, they are still barbecuing. :shok:;)    Haven't been invited because I called them a bunch of onions for parking in front of my drive and blocking me in! :oops: I take it that giving me some barbecue and birthday cake will also be out of the question. :oops: ....... again.

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted

Morning all, lovely sunny start to the day here :)

Morning I suppose? :)

I must be mad but I did put on the heating for 30 minutes following my week away...it was strangely chilly. I've had a bit of a tickly cough accompanied with shortness of breath I'm not even overweight must be a lurgy. :(

weather wise it's dark & mild

Posted

Morning all, slight warm up still on the cards for the SE as we enter August and GfS keeps the rain stalled for a while before the Atlantic starts throwing early Autumn at us by the middle of the month.

Time flies..... White Christmas watch soon ;)

• Like 2

Posted

Morning I suppose? :)

I must be mad but I did put on the heating for 30 minutes following my week away...it was strangely chilly. I've had a bit of a tickly cough accompanied with shortness of breath I'm not even overweight must be a lurgy. :(

weather wise it's dark & mild

Hope you had an enjoyable time away Dan. You posted some nice pics! I've been fighting off Mrs Blessed with regard flicking the heating on for half hour. She's been watching the telly wrapped in a fleece! I live in a bit of a valley surrounded by hills and it gets quite chilly at night. Tonight looks "unseasonably cool" (to quote this morning's Look East forecast) so I'm expecting a low here easily down into single figures.

And disappointing to see East Anglia still in the firing line for heavy showers today. The forecasts says we may even hear a rumble of thunder. The forecast a couple of days back had us completely dry today. Oh well - here's looking forward to Fri, Sat & Sun and the warmer temps.

• Like 1

Posted

Hope you had an enjoyable time away Dan. You posted some nice pics! I've been fighting off Mrs Blessed with regard flicking the heating on for half hour. She's been watching the telly wrapped in a fleece! I live in a bit of a valley surrounded by hills and it gets quite chilly at night. Tonight looks "unseasonably cool" (to quote this morning's Look East forecast) so I'm expecting a low here easily down into single figures.

And disappointing to see East Anglia still in the firing line for heavy showers today. The forecasts says we may even hear a rumble of thunder. The forecast a couple of days back had us completely dry today. Oh well - here's looking forward to Fri, Sat & Sun and the warmer temps.

Do you usually come off bad when it's a NW'ly? Does sound like you guys in East Anglia have been unlucky the last few days, luckily they have slipped away into the North Sea and down towards Belgium/Holland keeping us down in the SE better off.

Where did you go Daniel? Abroad?

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Nice sunny start to the day with light winds, very chilly first thing though at 11C! That's cold for here in late July, now up to 14C. Really disliking this cold, thankfully a warmer weekend looks likely with much more pleasant temps in the mid twenties, maybe more.

Posted

Nice sunny start to the day with light winds, very chilly first thing though at 11C! That's cold for here in late July, now up to 14C. Really disliking this cold, thankfully a warmer weekend looks likely with much more pleasant temps in the mid twenties, maybe more.

I like the clear cool sunny starts, helps wake me up for the start of the day ;) rather than warm humid muggy sticky sweaty mornings before work even starts :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

I like the clear cool sunny starts, helps wake me up for the start of the day ;) rather than warm humid muggy sticky sweaty mornings before work even starts :)

A cool shower would wake you up even more lol....to be fair, cool nights are better for sleeping and acceptable if followed by warm days. This mainly cloudy, 17C garbage though? Awful, can't wait for a warm up!

Posted

Do you usually come off bad when it's a NW'ly? Does sound like you guys in East Anglia have been unlucky the last few days, luckily they have slipped away into the North Sea and down towards Belgium/Holland keeping us down in the SE better off.

Often our Region (SE & EA) is one of the better places to be for avoiding the worst of any showers in a NW'ly flow as the showers don't always travel across land as far as us.

I think the problem these last few days has been the proximity of Low Pressure in the North Sea. Various fronts and troughs have moved down the East coast and impacted EA, but have either not got as far south as the SE corner or swung out to sea.

If you look at these 500 hPa charts for 14.00 on the 27th, 28th and 29th, I think you'll see what I mean about the proximity of Low Pressure.

27th post-20040-0-75266300-1438281520_thumb.p 28th post-20040-0-23322300-1438281532_thumb.p 29th post-20040-0-18242800-1438281542_thumb.p

Lots of showers around again today which often meant the temperature was pinned back to a miserable 14C. 

Posted

My daughter saw the lightning from that bit of thunder I heard last night. She was at a friends house for the night, first thing she asked was if I'd seen the lightning.

Posted

What a lovely fresh cool morning, lovely sunny skies.

Reminds me of September mornings really, car full of dew, thats always an August, late summer early autumn sign down here.

Posted

What a lovely fresh cool morning, lovely sunny skies.

Reminds me of September mornings really, car full of dew, thats always an August, late summer early autumn sign down here.

Yes, a very heavy dew first thing this morning and only 7C, so with the flowers past their best and the lawn in 'recovery mode' from being brown it looked quite autumnal in my garden. But enough of such talk!! A few lovely days of summer to look forward to now! Shorts and t-shirts at the ready!  8)  :smile:

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely sunny start to the day here, clear skies and little wind. Cool at 14C, should reach the average of 23C here with a bit of luck!

Posted

Warmed up quickly from the 7.5c first thing. Now 17.5c and sunny, though the skies are quite white rather than blue. Infernal wind has dropped right off, so looks like a good'un.