Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia, Weather Chat...July 1st 2015...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Oooooooo christmas

Ho, ho, bloody ho! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

22C reached this afternoon after the rain cleared, so not too bad in the end couple with another solid dose of rain which will help the gardens.

The coming week looks okay, some warmth, a chilly middle of the week before turning warmer again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So the week ahead

Tomorrow  - A fine and sunny start, cloud will build during the day as a warm front spreads north east, though it should stay dry.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-28-0.png?05-19

21-24C

Tuesday - A dry start but showery rain will push eastwards during the day, clearing during the afternoon. The rain could be thundery in places with weak cape and instability present, this couple with the scattered aspect of the rainfall.

Temperatures - Again 21-24C, feeling humid for a time.

Wednesday - Sunshine and scattered showers, the most frequent and heaviest in the north. The south should remain dry.

Temperatures

75-582UK.GIF?05-12

18-21C

Thursday - A mainly fine day as a ridge builds across the UK, the chilly north to north west wind should ease in the east as the day goes on.

Temperature

102-582UK.GIF?05-12

19-22C, warmest in the south.

Friday - Another fine day, and much warmer too with sunny spells

Temperatures

126-582UK.GIF?05-12

23-26C

The weekend at the moment looks mixed with uncertainty regarding the persistence of the ridge building during the second half of this week. It could offer some more fine and very warm weather, but conversely it could turn more unsettled again. Hopefully we will get a clearer picture over the coming days.

• Like 5

Posted

Morning All. :hi:

A feline is making a racket outside - I think a Fox must be near...

2 weeks ago 2 cats were mauled in the neighbourhood by foxes with attitude.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

That was a more comfortable night for sleeping. Actually needed to pull the summer quilt over me. My Rolling Stones "Bridges to Babylon" t-shirt just wasn't keeping me warm enough! :laugh:

Beautiful start here with blue skies and just a hint of high level cloud turning things hazy. Currently 16.6C and I suspect a comfortable feeling 20-21C is achievable for many as long as the cloud doesn't thicken too early. Not looking forward to the cold snap mid-week! :wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Morning All. :hi:

A feline is making a racket outside - I think a Fox must be near...

2 weeks ago 2 cats were mauled in the neighbourhood by foxes with attitude.

Did the cats die? :cray: I put my munchkin in every night as she has been attacked four times by foxes. Thankfully I have been around to rescue her all four times. The London suburbs are infested with foxes. Even though she has been attacked before, she is still so curious that when she sees a fox, she goes towards it :doh: Maybe she finds them attractive/fascinating :help:  Sunny again today..........yawn 286c. Those lovely arctic winds will return this week :good: But then it gets hot again by the weekend........sob! There is a chance of another heatwave towards the end of July with temperatures hitting 40c. *Runs for the hills in panic*

Posted

Did the cats die? :cray: I put my munchkin in every night as she has been attacked four times by foxes. Thankfully I have been around to rescue her all four times. The London suburbs are infested with foxes. Even though she has been attacked before, she is still so curious that when she sees a fox, she goes towards it :doh: Maybe she finds them attractive/fascinating :help: Sunny again today..........yawn 286c. Those lovely arctic winds will return this week :good: But then it gets hot again by the weekend........sob! There is a chance of another heatwave towards the end of July with temperatures hitting 40c. *Runs for the hills in panic*

One sadly had to be euthanised the other I'm not quite sure how it ended up :cray:

These foxes are become increasingly confident with the more urban world in Canada they have grizzly bears going through their trash cans in residential areas. Last year a toddler was attacked by an fox after entering through the cat flap in the dead of night and then attacked him as he slept in his bed. It is infested round here but I'm not really near the suburbs thanks to a woodland, Russia Dock was filled in late 1980's to make way for a woodland cue it's called Russia Dock Woodland. Lassie it's not looking hot just warm in comparison to what we endured last week it looks average to a little above to the south and average in the north although with some cooler interludes, fairly tame but more typical to a normal Summer. Some rain would be nice.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

We had a few spots of rain around 1330. Tomorrow looks a bit wet for a bit.

Posted

Despite a warm front crossing the region, it hasn't been a bad day, a brief spell late morning of light rain but remaining bright, otherwise there has been some decent sunny spells, especially now over Chelmsford as the cloud cleared north east. A high of 23C.

Posted

not bad in southend either very comfortable this afternoon peaking at 23c :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Good evening all,

I spent from Tuesday until Sunday morning in Eastburne with my wife. We decided at almost the last minute to go away to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary. 

I could not believe the difference in the weather between there and where we live in Chelmsford. most days we had a fairly strong wind on the beach which made it somewhat unpleasant at times and certainly took the edge off the temperatures.

Wednesday was the day record temperatures were recorded in the southeast and for part of the afternoon it was very hot but the cool wind arrived again and by evening a jumper was required.

We had some showers on Thursday, .whereas I believe it was dry back at home.

On Friday in the morning we took a bus ride to Seven Sisters Country Park which is an absolutely stunning location between Eastbourne and Brighton. The weather was absolutely brilliant, but by the time we returned to our hotel by mid afternoon the wind was much stronger and it was uncomfortable to sit on the beach.

On Friday we were plagued by the wind again but missed the overnight storms, whereas at home we suffered damage to some of our garden plants as some trellis was blown off a wall on our patio.

Saturday was pleasant out of the wind but by evening it was very cool. We went to see an Elton John Tribute at the bandstand in the evening. It was so cold that they were doing a trade in selling blankets. When I spoke to one of my sons back home he could not believe what I was saying as it was so hot that he did not know how to get comfortable. 

We left for home at about 11 along roads awash with torrential rain, but just before we arrived at the Dartford Tunnel the rain had stopped and the sky lightened. Checking at home it seems that we did not receive as much rain on Sunday as was experienced in more southern parts.

I find it extremely interesting that there should be such differences in weather on a day to day basis in two places no more than 90 miles apart.

We enjoyed our stay at Easbourne, but would have enjoyed it even more if it had not been for that darned strong breeze!

Kind Regards

Dave

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Good evening all,

I spent from Tuesday until Sunday morning in Eastburne with my wife. We decided at almost the last minute to go away to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary. 

I could not believe the difference in the weather between there and where we live in Chelmsford. most days we had a fairly strong wind on the beach which made it somewhat unpleasant at times and certainly took the edge off the temperatures.

Wednesday was the day record temperatures were recorded in the southeast and for part of the afternoon it was very hot but the cool wind arrived again and by evening a jumper was required.

We had some showers on Thursday, .whereas I believe it was dry back at home.

On Friday in the morning we took a bus ride to Seven Sisters Country Park which is an absolutely stunning location between Eastbourne and Brighton. The weather was absolutely brilliant, but by the time we returned to our hotel by mid afternoon the wind was much stronger and it was uncomfortable to sit on the beach.

On Friday we were plagued by the wind again but missed the overnight storms, whereas at home we suffered damage to some of our garden plants as some trellis was blown off a wall on our patio.

Saturday was pleasant out of the wind but by evening it was very cool. We went to see an Elton John Tribute at the bandstand in the evening. It was so cold that they were doing a trade in selling blankets. When I spoke to one of my sons back home he could not believe what I was saying as it was so hot that he did not know how to get comfortable. 

We left for home at about 11 along roads awash with torrential rain, but just before we arrived at the Dartford Tunnel the rain had stopped and the sky lightened. Checking at home it seems that we did not receive as much rain on Sunday as was experienced in more southern parts.

I find it extremely interesting that there should be such differences in weather on a day to day basis in two places no more than 90 miles apart.

We enjoyed our stay at Easbourne, but would have enjoyed it even more if it had not been for that darned strong breeze!

Kind Regards

Dave

Yep we've had that wind about keeping things cool/more comfortable while London was baking all spring/summer. I haven't minded it to much recently, but it has taken a while to warm up this year, have needed jumpers up until last week most days. Unlike last year when T'shirts could be warn from around April. 

Posted

Big congratulations Dave on your 45th wedding anniversary - I think you would prefer to be in Eastbourne, compared to Chelmsford during that heatwave.

On my FB I saw a beautiful photo of Canada Water area during sunset. (That pointy structure to the right is a Library btw).

post-19153-0-11316800-1436227561_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

Yep we've had that wind about keeping things cool/more comfortable while London was baking all spring/summer. I haven't minded it to much recently, but it has taken a while to warm up this year, have needed jumpers up until last week most days. Unlike last year when T'shirts could be warn from around April. 

Last spring/summer was month after month of humid weather in London, if I remember correctly. This summer has been more comfortable, with some cold nights. It is only recently when the heat has got uncomfortable. Were you still a cool Londoner, last summer? :D  16C out tonight and warm indoors.

One sadly had to be euthanised the other I'm not quite sure how it ended up :cray:

These foxes are become increasingly confident with the more urban world in Canada they have grizzly bears going through their trash cans in residential areas. Last year a toddler was attacked by an fox after entering through the cat flap in the dead of night and then attacked him as he slept in his bed. It is infested round here but I'm not really near the suburbs thanks to a woodland, Russia Dock was filled in late 1980's to make way for a woodland cue it's called Russia Dock Woodland. Lassie it's not looking hot just warm in comparison to what we endured last week it looks average to a little above to the south and average in the north although with some cooler interludes, fairly tame but more typical to a normal Summer. Some rain would be nice.

I don't know why foxes keep attacking cats. Need more rain here too, the thunderstorms didn't deliver. Heavy rain and possible thunder expected in London in a few hours time.

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Last spring/summer was month after month of humid weather in London, if I remember correctly. This summer has been more comfortable, with some cold nights. It is only recently when the heat has got uncomfortable. Were you still a cool Londoner, last summer? :D  16C out tonight and warm indoors.

I don't know why foxes keep attacking cats. Need more rain here too, the thunderstorms didn't deliver. Heavy rain and possible thunder expected in London in a few hours time.

Nope been over here a couple of years now, had front row seats to that MCS last year. 

Foxes are dogs, so it the same old cat and dog scenario.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

Rain has arrived.

It's not what I was expecting Bogman. I was expecting heavy downpours with a chance of thunder but it is light and patchy here instead. The latest forecast from the beeb (20 minutes ago) has downgraded the rain for MBY :oops:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Still largely sunny and a pleasant 18.6C here in east Suffolk at the mo, although the sky to the west is starting to look threatening. Looking at the rainfall radar the approaching front is very patchy and the heavier bursts on it seem to be waxing and waning. So likely to be a very hit and miss affair for rainfall amounts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Rain, windy and very chilly this morning in Cambridge, more like October than July at the moment

Posted

Drizzly dreck here and something of a breeze. 18.8c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

None of the heavy showers we were supposed to be having.

Posted

Some cloud some sun no rain so far. 

None of the heavy showers we were supposed to be having.

Rain lasted all of 1 minute here

That was some downgrade, from heavy rain and thunder, to bugger all. :shok: I got zilch. :shok: Having said that, it has just started jaffa cakesing down here. :oops::whistling:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2