Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Where are My Storms!

Posted

Had some up here yesterday Paul !!! :)...

Grrrr

And that would have been my target area, said in the morning, North Yorks and NE England would be primed along with Eastern Parts of Cumbria, I just could not commit to the chase due to school commitments.

All the conditions were ripe and am glad it played out how it should, but that Cap nearly nearly won!

Grrrr

And that would have been my target area, said in the morning, North Yorks and NE England would be primed along with Eastern Parts of Cumbria, I just could not commit to the chase due to school commitments.

All the conditions were ripe and am glad it played out how it should, but that Cap nearly nearly won!

was a close call with fairly dense cloud cover all day buggering up any insolation , nearly called it then boom :)..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Careful... This all sounds like it's bordering on moaning. Been told off already for that sort of thing in this thread...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Just realised that Lerwick (Shetland) has had more thunderstorms than my area has this year, and I am supposed to expect a minimum of 10 days of thunderdays.
ukthunder71_00.jpg

Edited by xStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

28th of July was the last storm here. One that I wasn't expecting, that developed just off the coast near Brighton.  There was a decent amount of lightning & thunder that came with it but I will remember it for its savage rainfall. In all my 21 years of living on Earth I've never seen it rain so hard and for so long. It flooded  the train station. I had just got in early to work that morning and rain started coming in all over the damn building 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

This year, things are reversed. The places with the least amount of thunder on average are somehow getting the most. We should be getting around 10 days of thunder a year.

Thunder_Average_1971-2000_17.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

not expecting any thing. no nothing . at all.

so not excited at all.

:yahoo: ok just a little bit. 

hope it at least gives someone something. ;)

Posted

Just realised that Lerwick (Shetland) has had more thunderstorms than my area has this year, and I am supposed to expect a minimum of 10 days of thunderdays.ukthunder71_00.jpg

Notice that strange eastward bulge in the light grey area over Shropshire. Worked again last night, thunderstorms everywhere from Staffs east to East Anglia but miraculously dodged Shropshire. Every damn time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

This year, things are reversed. The places with the least amount of thunder on average are somehow getting the most. We should be getting around 10 days of thunder a year.

Thunder_Average_1971-2000_17.gif

4-6 thunder days? Is this for every 10 years?! Because there is no way will shropshire get 4-6 thunder days in a year lol! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Im still without a hit,had lightning all around me but alas it wasnt to be

Posted

4-6 thunder days? Is this for every 10 years?! Because there is no way will shropshire get 4-6 thunder days in a year lol! 

yes they are days of thunder in one year, the average over the period per year

Posted

yes they are days of thunder in one year, the average over the period per year

I think they must have mistaken bin days for thunder days haha! :):D

• Like 1

Posted

Does that count 1 rumble of thunder with thunder days,take what you can.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

missed me by missed me by miles last night. pooey.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Just passing the halfway point of July and still waiting for a storm...is it going to be one of those summers when some people get storm after storm, and others completely miss out?

Beginning to wonder..the clock is now ticking...especially given the fact that August is typically a duff summer month.

Posted

By this time last year, i had 3 thunder days, including an over night storm, and 2 more in the morning, and had to run home from school with thunder heading over. This year, while amazing to see, only had the events of the other week. I was so close to last nights storms, it beyond annoying. 

I like storms during the day as i have posted in another thread because clouds interest me more than lightning, nothing beats the atmosphere of a hot day with a dark bluey cloud headind towards you, thunder in the distance.

Wind? I got plenty of that, pushing the clouds away. :closedeyes:  :nonono:  

Posted

It was always on  shakey ground whether we got anything here last night,  some models said maybe , some said no to any storms,  and knowing this location it always falls into the  no storms side of things in reality,

not too shocked there was nothing,

think we may have used out  our quota up here ,  4 thunder days now,  thats pushing things to the limit for here thesedays :rofl:   ,   not expecting much now until next summer ,   august was always a good bet in the nineties ,   but unreliable lately , so possibly a write off , 

I am already applying for next membership renewal of the nsc if we dont get anymore this year :nonono:  

Posted

I'm still on Zero storms here all the storms seem to be taking the track of most of the winter snow did west of here by 20 or some miles east of here by 10-20 miles the storm dome is holding strong here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair Weather, Snow, Thunderstorms

Still haven't had a direct hit this year, a few near misses though! Seems like storms don't like to be any further West than the IOW!

Posted

I'm never 'shocked' i don't get anything, as became the norm.

Posted

Big fat zero for storms here this year. Very disappointing. Some places have been really unlucky this year and Shropshire is one of them!

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

The early 90`s was poor for thunder but august did deliver passing thundery showers.

I must be thinking of 1990 above,1991 only june gave anything thundery that year.

This year is just delivering so much mid level sheets of cloud and little else,I noticed this started happening in 1986,didn`t get all this mid level stuff before then with thunderstorms,now its far far worse.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

I watched a 'storm' heading towards me. Red echos, lightning picked up. 

I think i had a few spots once it reached me, but a lovely stormy, greeny blue looking sky. That was something at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Beds isn't great for storms generally, my hometown, Bournemouth does better.

Luckily I was down there visiting when the supercell arrived a few weeks ago. So suffice to say, that was my fill for a while!