Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Where are My Storms!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Here you go, folks: an official moaning thread! :D

Posted

Depressing weather here now. Completely overcast and getting quite chilly. Never had such a letdown weather-wise in my life. No idea what went so wrong. I know some people might say it's too early but it just doesn't feel thundery at all and there is far too much cloud cover. This morning was so warm & humid and the sky was full of AcCas clouds; then, a dreadful layer of stratus in the afternoon pretty much ruined any chance of a thunderstorm. What will it take to get a storm here? :laugh::(

Posted

This moaning really makes me want to moan! It's weather, there are no set rules!

You ask Paul Sherman, even in the USA on the highest risk days I bet there is more landmass without storms than with storms!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Just been to Kirby Stephen and I had a nice tan over there and I came back and the annoying clouds are here. It were sunny here before!!

I really hope these clouds would electrify and rejuvenate into a storm. Its possible and it has happened before somewhere.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather

Depressing weather here now. Completely overcast and getting quite chilly. Never had such a letdown weather-wise in my life. No idea what went so wrong. I know some people might say it's too early but it just doesn't feel thundery at all and there is far too much cloud cover. This morning was so warm & humid and the sky was full of AcCas clouds; then, a dreadful layer of stratus in the afternoon pretty much ruined any chance of a thunderstorm. What will it take to get a storm here? :laugh::(

You've said it all. Its the same here. Sucks :-(

Although i must add its anything but chilly. In fact it very heavy and warm.

Sorry to add that in but couldnt get the edit to work on last post.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

This moaning really makes me want to moan! It's weather, there are no set rules!

You ask Paul Sherman, even in the USA on the highest risk days I bet there is more landmass without storms than with storms!

This is a moaning thread mate - let people moan - everyone is hot and bothered so it's good to get it out. Also I can understand the frustration when stratus ruins all chances. Stratus is a horrid cloud type - unless it's nimbostratus :-D !

Posted

I really hope these clouds would electrify and rejuvenate into a storm. 

more chance of jeremy clarkson being a green party candidate

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I wasn't forecast anything. So i'm not allowed to moan.  :nonono:

Posted

the moaning is justified , the lack of storms in the nw thesedays is incredulous and baffling,    hot steamy 30c with a slack low pressure would have guaranteed multiple storms and widespread storms in the 80's, maybe 2 or 3 separate ones in a day for a given location  , even in the north west ! ,  now we get clagg, and drizzle

whats changed ,   something has , and i wont have anyone try to explain it hasnt , it does not wash with me,  I have been around since the early seventies and have seen a dramatic reduction over the last decade,   this year is terrible,  if these conditions wont give a single flash , what will.

whats the missing factor today then eh???  experts ,  

not expecting anything friday night here either

had enough of these  non event storms now, sick of wasting time on them, throwing the towel in , good job i have other interests

over and out

• Like 3

Let's put things into perspective once and for all (our sanities) lol.

Next time you see a severe super cellular storm outbreak, anywhere on the planet, be it on any lightning or rain radar just look either side of the frenetic action? Not a single strike or drop of rain only a matter of miles away. Nothing diddly squat. Yet they were probably still under severe weather warnings.

We, UK, belong to the very same planet and storms at best can be unpredictable at worst a right pain in the proverbial. Nothing wrong with being disappointed if you miss out but whine?

Posted

We all have stuff that we will moan about, be it the weather, football a late bus.

If your football team is tipped to the win the cup then loses 1-0 then you would moan right? 

personally my risk here is so small, that I look at the charts, and just hope for the best part they are wrong - I had a pleasant surprise last year about this time with an overnight storm appeared without warning and I ended up with storms most of the next day as well.

I'm thankful that threads like this are here so we CAN moan without upsetting those in other threads, woe betide if you moan in the southeast thread.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

No storms since September last year. 

post-12025-0-91790900-1435773012_thumb.p

Posted

Almost a year, two weeks to go.

Posted

Normally june does give a thundery shower at least that's a pretty high ratio of thunder heard for me.

Just heard a bang of thunder this year yet as I even missed that nearly with mowing the lawn drowning the sound out.

As a thunderstorm means a thunderstorm of which there was 3 last year.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Let's put things into perspective once and for all (our sanities) lol.

Next time you see a severe super cellular storm outbreak, anywhere on the planet, be it on any lightning or rain radar just look either side of the frenetic action? Not a single strike or drop of rain only a matter of miles away. Nothing diddly squat. Yet they were probably still under severe weather warnings.

We, UK, belong to the very same planet and storms at best can be unpredictable at worst a right pain in the proverbial. Nothing wrong with being disappointed if you miss out but whine?

But the thing is, living in the US, somewhere like Florida or Nebraska, you are almost guaranteed to get a storm at some point. Even if you miss out in one event, you're likely to get one another time. IIn the UK, that isn't the case. We missed out today - most people did - and I bet I won't see a single storm for the remainder of the summer.

Okay, that's just me being annoyed, but still - it's happened before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

But unlike with El Gordo (that was 2011 wasn't it?) when severe storms were actually forecast but failed to materialize, we in the SE, haven't yet missed a thing; there have not been any storms forecasts, until tomorrow. And that hasn't happened yet...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Oh, and another supercell heading towards Newcastle - 3 years after the last one? Seriously - it has some of the coolest summers in England, one of the least thundery on average, and wasn't even that hot today - never got above 30C - yet they can get these amazing storms while the rest of us get sweet FA.

Grrrrrr.

• Like 2

But the thing is, living in the US, somewhere like Florida or Nebraska, you are almost guaranteed to get a storm at some point. Even if you miss out in one event, you're likely to get one another time. IIn the UK, that isn't the case. We missed out today - most people did - and I bet I won't see a single storm for the remainder of the summer.

Okay, that's just me being annoyed, but still - it's happened before.

Thing is some places either side get absolutely nothing? Despite the warnings and suchlike. Was looking at the storm action over mainland Europe only a few weeks ago, which proved the point I'm trying to make. No point stressing, right? Unless you know otherwise :-) to sum up, a whisker either side of the main storm action got nothing. Hardly a whimper.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

East of the Pennines suck today! Only a max of 26c! And not a sniff at a storm. Stupid west people with there west storms. West off!