Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

weatherwatcheruk

maplins weather station

Does not connect to PC/Laptop. Only to console.

The sensor unit looks the same as my Watson and they have been working, with occasional clean/spray lube, for three years. If you buy mount the rain gauge on something solid as the wind can cause false rain measurements. 

I did buy it. I like it so far, seems good for a beginner one :) cant stop watching the readings that come up lol

Your one is far more sophisticated than mine and more expensive too. I got mine from Argos for £5.99 :oops:  and it has been showing showers for the past three days. I haven't had a drop. :angry: :angry: :angry:

How its looking so far. I know its not showing 100% correct values right now but its only been up for a couple of hours so it should settle down soon :)

post-23830-0-42675800-1435840224_thumb.j

post-23830-0-83705200-1435840235_thumb.j

Your one is far more sophisticated than mine and more expensive too. I got mine from Argos for £5.99 :oops:  and it has been showing showers for the past three days. I haven't had a drop. :angry: :angry: :angry:

My first one came from ebay, just had a temperature sensor you put outside and a little screen showing the temp and what the pressure was.I always wanted one that did more so when this came up on offer i thought i might as well try it out :)

cant stop watching the readings that come up lol

oh it is addictive but great that you are getting involved with readings. Mine started over 60 years ago and I still do it!

Have station from Andrew James via Amazon .. The small sensor is  situated in in the shade or the reading. Not connected to my lap top.

Just bought another form Lidl as an Auriol radio controlled weather station.. Shall be placing that today.. .   Not connected to laptop.. 

I also have a weather station which is connected to laptop. had it for 3 years. A  WH1080 type.