Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - SPANISH PLUME - 30/06/15 onwards

Posted

Hi, welcome to the forum it is not possible to change your profile pic at this moment in time. Paul informed there will be a update soon it is done by an external source which will fix it. I would rather not say going by my track record. :D

Lol that would explain it just thought it was me doing something wrong (I'm not the most technical person). Ha ha so just go with the opposite to what you say then

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Hi lads and lasses. Awesome displays in the North East today. I'm actually really scared of storms and have to take anti-anxiety stuff when I think a storm is approaching. I obviously use this place for info. My therapist thinks I shouldn't even look on here but I think 'knowledge is power'. However, today I have been doped up since about 5pm and can honestly say I have really enjoyed the show I've seen today. The next step is being able to do that without the drugs. I wish I was like the rest of you, I'm so jealous. I think I should start to chase with Speedway Slider. Peace and love fellas. JD xx

I have aspergers so emotions for me are either non existent or 150000%, when I was a kid I was so afraid of storms that even the mention of them would send me into a panic, it got so bad that I started losing clumps of hair when ever the threat of a storm arose (I still have bald patches to this day and I am 23 years old, alopecia is not nice), somehow over the years its manifested in this obsession with storms where I have gone completely the opposite direction, I love storms now and I am now obsessed with them so much so that I can feel quite down. Its hard but being on this forum has helped but its also made me more excited than I should be. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Have to admit its been a long time since ive witnessed 'strobe' lightning like what we've experienced this evening/night. Although the core of these storms weren't directly overhead the lightning certainly was as it streaked across the sky. Fantastic anvil crawlers and shotgun thunder. Still booming away as I type.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Where are you in Bucks? Not sure I would enjoy hail that large but thats what insurance is for?

Near the Chalfonts. True, and I wouldn't want it smashing my car up, but come on, it'd be worth it! Just for the viewing and HD footage. I can just picture it: 

Stranger: "What happened to your car, man?" 

Me: "Golf ball sized hail, man." 

Stranger: "You need to get that windscreen fixed asap." 

Me: "Naaaaahhhhhhhh.........I think I like it like this. Adds a bit of character, you know? " 

Stranger: http://www.quickmeme.com/img/33/336b6fe23dccf5ea63bbb6fedb03d6469017e33ab2ff0a9f089307a1c56cbc32.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Yes,quite a strong gust front associated with this storm and the best display of lightning i have ever seen here.

All calm and clear here now with a full moon!

Just an awesome day that won't be repeated for a long time. :)

Don't speak too soon ... Saturday? ;)

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

Oh my. I have thunder and lightening from north south east and west of me.

Thunder getting louder as it moves ever closer, raining now too. Flashes

Every 5-10 seconds. Help!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Near the Chalfonts. True, and I wouldn't want it smashing my car up, but come on, it'd be worth it! Just for the viewing and HD footage. I can just picture it: 

Stranger: "What happened to your car, man?" 

Me: "Golf ball sized hail, man." 

Stranger: "You need to get that windscreen fixed asap." 

Me: "Naaaaahhhhhhhh.........I think I like it like this. Adds a bit of character, you know? " 

Stranger: http://www.quickmeme.com/img/33/336b6fe23dccf5ea63bbb6fedb03d6469017e33ab2ff0a9f089307a1c56cbc32.jpg

Just on the other side of the M25 then,  I live about 1/2 a mile from the m25 and m1 Junction between J19 and 21A. 

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted

Hi everyone, I've just joined as a member hope it's ok to be on here without having any technical storm knowledge

Nah, most of us are fully qualified meteorologists with A Levels in maths and physics and a degree in meteorology from Exeter University. 

Net-weather is home to the brightest and most gifted academics in the field of weather

I am a fully-qualified weather expert with doctorates in astrophysics and meteorology. I am also a professional tornado-chaser and above all, a compulsive liar. 

Welcome to the forum, Chrystal. 

Edited by UKSupercell
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

I bet those NEerners are enjoying those light displays out in the north sea at the mo

just to add,HOW FREAKING WARM IS IT :blink2:

• Like 3

Posted

Had a lovely display of distant lightning here from the Edinburgh storm and then a few flashes overhead accompanied by thunder :D If the storms in Scotland had formed earlier, during the period of high instability (as they had been forecast to), I'm pretty sure there would have been some severe ones occurring. What a night across the north of the UK though; some parts (e.g. Central Scotland) didn't really live up to the forecast, but places like Manchester and Newcastle have been absolutely clobbered. The weather is amazing  :bomb:

Posted

Nah, most of us are fully qualified meteorologists with A Levels in maths and physics and a degree in meteorology from Exeter University. 

Net-weather is home to the brightest and most gifted academics in the field of weather

I am a fully-qualified weather expert with doctorates in astrophysics and meteorology. I am also a professional tornado-chaser and above all, a compulsive liar. 

Welcome to the forum, Chrystal.

Lol good to know...... Does getting in my car and going for a drive during a thunderstorm make me a professional storm chaser then

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snow, hurricanes

storms aside those fine english women have just limped out of the world cup

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Still flashes to the N and NE but the main show for here seems to be over. By far the best storm of the last few years, never seen so much strobe lightning in such a short space of time, lost count of the number of strikes after 5 minutes. 

Posted

oh mumma that biscay storm has gone potty    ....  http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page_0=10                             

Lol good to know...... Does getting in my car and going for a drive during a thunderstorm make me a professional storm chaser then

thaaaat made me pmsl ......no your one of the nutters like us all :)

Posted

And shetland about to join in on the fun,AGAIN :D

Posted

Well, it depends. You need the right sort of vehicle (typically tornado-proof) and constant in-travel access to the best Doppler radars. 

Here is my ride: http://tainy.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/MG_7327srgb1.jpg

http://www.strangetravel.com/images/content/153114.jpg - As you can see, sometimes I prefer a bit of off-roading. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snow, hurricanes

my god! if i was in carnac now i'd be rushing for the nearest menhir

Posted

Well, it depends. You need the right sort of vehicle (typically tornado-proof) and constant in-travel access to the best Doppler radars. 

Here is my ride: http://tainy.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/MG_7327srgb1.jpg

http://www.strangetravel.com/images/content/153114.jpg - As you can see, sometimes I prefer a bit of off-roading. 

post-17481-0-37828000-1435799113_thumb.j

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just got back after chasing a storm from around Stoke on Trent to Manchester and then watching it from around Manchester. I have to say I don't think I can remember seeing lightning so frequent. As it departed it was producing a constant display of IC lightning and flashes. As I core punched the storm to the west of Manchester it was producing absolute torrents of rain, strong winds and plenty of lightning of both the flashy and the bolty variety.

A great end to a memorable day for intense heat with one of my best storms to date. I cannot believe people were writing this one off. Just about to catch up on this thread now but I bet a lot of people have seen something quite special this evening :)

• Like 6

Posted

Just got back after chasing a storm from around Stoke on Trent to Manchester and then watching it from around Manchester. I have to say I don't think I can remember seeing lightning so frequent. As it departed it was producing a constant display of IC lightning and flashes. As I core punched the storm to the west of Manchester it was producing absolute torrents of rain, strong winds and plenty of lightning of both the flashy and the bolty variety.

A great end to a memorable day for intense heat with one of my best storms to date. I cannot believe people were writing this one off. Just about to catch up on this thread now but I bet a lot of people have seen something quite special this evening :)

Have you got any footage of that storm Supa,because it was the most memorable storm i have ever witnessed,i was parked on woodhead pass and what a display it was,i was well f@@ked off when my cam died on me,so i was totally gutted not to get any footage,best storm ever and i didn't capture it :wallbash:

also,i had that feeling you would be chasing that one,how far did you go.

Edited by Allseasons-si