Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - SPANISH PLUME - 30/06/15 onwards

Posted

French MCS Losing Intensity near Nantes, pretty much thundery rain tomorrow morning now the best for far SE, Western Parts might get the better deal of something more pokey as storms erupt further west over the Channel Islands and head North.

More fun and games for the Midlands Northwards tomorrow it seems.

Hot and Humid back in the South on Friday!

Enjoy

Edited by Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Insane light show here, numerous forked lightning, sheet lightning, gunshot thunder, heavy rain, lights flickering

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Yeah. Estofex did get things dead on this time, fair play to them. Last storm possibilities we had, what was it 2 weeks ago? The South of England and Wales was put on a level 2 I think and it just didn't materalise, but today it has really gone off with a bang up north. 

I genuinely think the north get far more home-grown bangers than we do in the south. It seems to me, over the last few years, many home-grown storms have developed across the midlands and then pounded parts of the north, usually more north-eastwards. 

Whereas further south, typically we're more reliant on imports from France which sometimes die across the channel and typically skirt Kent and Essex. 

July 2014 was a damn fine exception. 

I hope my prediction is wrong, but for the home counties area....I'm calling light rain tomorrow and Friday and not a single flash of lightning, but, it all depends on the track of these Frenchies. 

I got one storm in July and it was epic but I remember during the later parts of July lightning was flashing all around yet I didnt get a single drop of rain I believe it was 28th of July. The 18th or the 19th produced a decent storm though.

I wonder whats the least weather prone place in the UK?

Hi everyone, I've just joined as a member hope it's ok to be on here without having any technical storm knowledge

Welcome to Netweather, we make you feel welcome in Regional threads but we like to moan in this thread haha. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Hi everyone, I've just joined as a member hope it's ok to be on here without having any technical storm knowledge

Welcome, no problem at all, I have no technical knowledge either, I just like weather, and talking about it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

The North was obviously the hotspot for storms today - then again, I suppose those in Scotland deserve a good storm since they seem to be a rarity over there. As for the South, I got less than I expected, in fact nothing stormy - but most of Central/Eastern England didn't anyway.

July always seems to be a good month for storms - last year being a great example. I suppose this is only day one, so there absolutely should be more to come for us in the South. Who knows, maybe another plume later in the month!

Having said that, this year so far has been a disappointment - nothing in Spring and barely anything in June.

Posted

Insane light show here, numerous forked lightning, sheet lightning, gunshot thunder, heavy rain, lights flickering

I can see distant lightning from here. Looks amazing :D 

Posted

Newcastle has taken 3 direct hits today from 3 amazing looking storms! The forecast was certainly correct!

Been a great summer day here, roasting temperatures, a decent little storm in the afternoon, and then an amazing show of distant lightning!

And we still have 3 days of thundery potential left! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Jesus Christ the Bay of Biscay is ALIGHT!!!!! 

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime

When this cam pans around to the big wheel you can see the lightning in the distance http://www.viewsurf.com/univers/ville/vue/12460-france-poitou-charentes-la-rochelle-panoramique-temps-reel

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

I got one storm in July and it was epic but I remember during the later parts of July lightning was flashing all around yet I didnt get a single drop of rain I believe it was 28th of July. The 18th or the 19th produced a decent storm though.

I wonder whats the least weather prone place in the UK?

Welcome to Netweather, we make you feel welcome in Regional threads but we like to moan in this thread haha. 

Oh yeah the storm of July 18 into 19 last year was top quality. French imports I believe which hit us dead on and didn't weaken especially. Lightning at least every 5-10 seconds and heavy rain. Still, nout like the golf ball hail-dropping supercells which have battered Yorkshire and the north-east today. 

Some pics I found on torro's fb page: 

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11167975_10153526509357932_7278235804237200861_n.jpg?oh=4f35e5f43fe490f623a27b7d80f439a9&oe=5622C39B - over Cheshire a few hours ago. 

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11220894_672607482873566_1296634520838920951_n.jpg?oh=20f9a89fe6b78c1b8debefc93d097aa5&oe=562867A0 - another pic of NW storms 

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10419962_10205846173608279_8111278652641434345_n.jpg?oh=bce96559ac4d2b4ce2f75bae00ed37c7&oe=561BD477 - large hail in NE earlier 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

BBC forecast on the regionals hardly inspiring for the SE, 'Scattered Showers in the morning' overnight Friday rain moving North, Some of it thundery.

The turn of the North for this plume to get the fireworks,a joy reading this thread this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Did anyone else get around 2 minutes of extremely strong wind? There's loads of damage to the trees outside and the garden furniture has blown across the garden.

Heavy hail starting here now and the lightning is directly overhead. Can't believe we've had 2 possible supercell storms in one evening. (Or 3, was the first one also suspected supercell?)

Posted

Hi lads and lasses. Awesome displays in the North East today. I'm actually really scared of storms and have to take anti-anxiety stuff when I think a storm is approaching. I obviously use this place for info. My therapist thinks I shouldn't even look on here but I think 'knowledge is power'. However, today I have been doped up since about 5pm and can honestly say I have really enjoyed the show I've seen today. The next step is being able to do that without the drugs. I wish I was like the rest of you, I'm so jealous. I think I should start to chase with Speedway Slider. Peace and love fellas. JD xx

• Like 3

Posted

Did anyone else get around 2 minutes of extremely strong wind? There's loads of damage to the trees outside and the garden furniture has blown across the garden.

Heavy hail starting here now and the lightning is directly overhead. Can't believe we've had 2 possible supercell storms in one evening. (Or 3, was the first one also suspected supercell?)

Yes,quite a strong gust front associated with this storm and the best display of lightning i have ever seen here.

All calm and clear here now with a full moon!

Just an awesome day that won't be repeated for a long time. :)

• Like 4

Posted

Thanks for your replies- I've always enjoyed reading the forum since I discovered it a couple of years ago and thought right les be part of this lol. Ok then peeps what's your prediction for my area getting anything tonight or tomorrow? Also tried to load photo on my profile but for some reason it just disappears.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Still/Hot or extremes. Fog/Damp etc boring...

When this cam pans around to the big wheel you can see the lightning in the distance http://www.viewsurf.com/univers/ville/vue/12460-france-poitou-charentes-la-rochelle-panoramique-temps-reel

I just waited for what felt like for ever for the wheel to come up. And saw one flash LOL.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Oh yeah the storm of July 18 into 19 last year was top quality. French imports I believe which hit us dead on and didn't weaken especially. Lightning at least every 5-10 seconds and heavy rain. Still, nout like the golf ball hail-dropping supercells which have battered Yorkshire and the north-east today. 

Some pics I found on torro's fb page: 

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11167975_10153526509357932_7278235804237200861_n.jpg?oh=4f35e5f43fe490f623a27b7d80f439a9&oe=5622C39B - over Cheshire a few hours ago. 

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11220894_672607482873566_1296634520838920951_n.jpg?oh=20f9a89fe6b78c1b8debefc93d097aa5&oe=562867A0 - another pic of NW storms 

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10419962_10205846173608279_8111278652641434345_n.jpg?oh=bce96559ac4d2b4ce2f75bae00ed37c7&oe=561BD477 - large hail in NE earlier 

Where are you in Bucks? Not sure I would enjoy hail that large but thats what insurance is for?

Posted

Thanks for your replies- I've always enjoyed reading the forum since I discovered it a couple of years ago and thought right les be part of this lol. Ok then peeps what's your prediction for my area getting anything tonight or tomorrow? Also tried to load photo on my profile but for some reason it just disappears.

Hi, welcome to the forum it is not possible to change your profile pic at this moment in time. Paul informed there will be a update soon it is done by an external source which will fix it. I would rather not say going by my track record. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I just waited for what felt like for ever for the wheel to come up. And saw one flash LOL.

Same lol, well two, I stayed on till it turned away again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Hi lads and lasses. Awesome displays in the North East today. I'm actually really scared of storms and have to take anti-anxiety stuff when I think a storm is approaching. I obviously use this place for info. My therapist thinks I shouldn't even look on here but I think 'knowledge is power'. However, today I have been doped up since about 5pm and can honestly say I have really enjoyed the show I've seen today. The next step is being able to do that without the drugs. I wish I was like the rest of you, I'm so jealous. I think I should start to chase with Speedway Slider. Peace and love fellas. JD xx

Welcome pal. Glad you enjoyed the displays! 

Have to say: Watching a proper thunderstorm with frequent lightning is literally a high for me; it honestly gives me an adrenalin rush or something. I find it deeply exhilarating, srs. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Estofex forecast for tommorow:

post-17472-0-11158400-1435796617_thumb.j

Quite dissapointing really, not much chance of anything notable tommorow. Best event due on Friday night now

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

BoB,put a m in between :bomb::D