Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - SPANISH PLUME - 30/06/15 onwards

Posted

i hopeing i may get to see someting ..turn your sw radio and tune to a quiet part of the band .. sounds like someone playing with a tessla coil ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

All hell breaking loose, 5 flashes of forked lightning literally in my back garden

Posted

Bloody annoying these places having storms, didn't have all the heat!

be appreciative of your sun! We just got heat with cloud, i think you guys in the SE have had a much better deal, especially with the chance of an MCS later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Well, whatever is working up from the south, the 300/500hPa winds are steering it N/Slightly NNE.

post-15177-0-26632700-1435794443_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Well i got back half hour ago and did i make the best move ever,got the best seat in the house on top of woodhead pass and what a absolute corker of a storm that was,best i have ever seen in my life,the lightning was very frequent sometimes two a second with loads of Tcu crawlers going in every direction possible and sometimes shooting out of the tops

i did take my cam with me BUT the battery died on me seconds after turning it on,i am so so gutted not to capture this and i am so sorry guys :sorry: ,thats what i get for rushing out and didn't charge it because i thought nothing was going to happen

still i enjoyed it and it looks like many others have too

still some more storms to come over the next few days,I WILL BE READY NEXT TIME :aggressive:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Best night time lightning display I have seen in the UK. The storms seem to be skirting over the western suburbs of Newcastle, which is perfect as my house has a good view over towards that direction.

Edited by Alex95

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

1123 strikes from that supercell in my little square on Blitzortung in little under an hour. That was some evening!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Was away from comp from about 8-11pm. Came back and first thing I did was refresh the net-weather radar....absolutely gobsmacked over the eruption which took place around 9PM in the west-mids, NW area. 

Been trawling through this thread and looking at youtube footage and reports from torro's fb page to keep up. 

So where is that bloke from Wigan earlier? The one who said the NW will get sweet FA tonight? 

Am I the only person in the south-east who thinks the north gets more than its fair share of storms and that the south-east is totally overrated? Lincolnshire has been a magnet for home-grown supercells over the years and Newcastle has had 2 or 3 spectacles today along with the NW. The best place to be in the south-east is Kent and typically on the coast; those of us in the north of the south-east region see sweet FA year in year out. Can't remember the last home-grown I saw. Usually it's waiting for French imports which either A: decay or B: clip Kent and Essex.  Mind you, July 2014 we saw a belter first time in years.

Otherwise, I was feeling optimistic about this week but now my moneys on whatever develops in the bay of biscay/France doing it's usual north-easterly track up into the Benelux. You lucky so an so's up north, make the most of it! Footage and pictures most welcome! 

You literally put my thoughts into words, spot on! Just check Estofex for confirmation on your post. We also seem to get the least snow, are we in the desert of the UK? 

• Like 1

Posted

This was my view of the storm as is passed over north Manchester, about 30 miles away, it gave out constant lightning, we could still see the flashes as it moved past Bradford and further North around 55 miles away! 

post-17481-0-02932500-1435794981_thumb.j

post-17481-0-95495300-1435794987_thumb.j

Edited by ChezWeather
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

1123 strikes from that supercell in my little square on Blitzortung in little under an hour. That was some evening!

You always seem to get storms, whats your secret haha? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Northern england,the new BoB lol

• Like 1

Posted

Cells near Newcastle dying out slightly, not good in terms of the likelyhood of large hail. Once the updrafts stop then gravity takes over.

• Like 1

Posted

Sounds like the storm that hit south Wales(+North Wales) through the night in .. around 99-2001.. not exactly sure. on and off it lasted for around 8-11 hours
I remember seeing incredible spider lightning.When morning came.. around 11am the sky went dark and quiet, almost like an eclipse and the birds were seemingly settling down.. .. then it thundered and poured torrential rain one last time ... ~ and iv'e never seen a storm that intense since..~ I think you guys up North are getting it though!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Another storm approaching from the south, this one looks like a direct hit, very strong winds now, sounds like a lorry driving past but it just goes on and on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

feeling a bit storm starved pantz .. whats going on :O

Not the full cake mix in terms of ingredients, down here.

It may well end up the NW favourite, good ol' thundery rain. You never know though!? And Alerts Pro issued a storm watch, that's always a bonus. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

You literally put my thoughts into words, spot on! Just check Estofex for confirmation on your post. We also seem to get the least snow, are we in the desert of the UK? 

Yeah. Estofex did get things dead on this time, fair play to them. Last storm possibilities we had, what was it 2 weeks ago? The South of England and Wales was put on a level 2 I think and it just didn't materalise, but today it has really gone off with a bang up north. 

I genuinely think the north get far more home-grown bangers than we do in the south. It seems to me, over the last few years, many home-grown storms have developed across the midlands and then pounded parts of the north, usually more north-eastwards. 

Whereas further south, typically we're more reliant on imports from France which sometimes die across the channel and typically skirt Kent and Essex. 

July 2014 was a damn fine exception. 

I hope my prediction is wrong, but for the home counties area....I'm calling light rain tomorrow and Friday and not a single flash of lightning, but, it all depends on the track of these Frenchies. 

Edited by UKSupercell
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Constant strobe lightening with the odd forked one but amazing thunder now

Posted

Hi everyone, I've just joined as a member hope it's ok to be on here without having any technical storm knowledge

• Like 6

Posted

Not the full cake mix in terms of ingredients, down here.

It may well end up the NW favourite, good ol' thundery rain. You never know though!? And Alerts Pro issued a storm watch, that's always a bonus. :)

have you checked out the latest ir sat images from sat24 that mcs is having babies :O and it has exploded in size in the last 30 mins ... i live in hope :)

Hi everyone, I've just joined as a member hope it's ok to be on here without having any technical storm knowledge

ello :) we are all learning all of the time :) and welcome to the roller coaster ride that is radar watching :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Thunderstorms

Well guys, WHAT A NIGHT!! In my 21 years I don't think i've seen an evening like it. 

I had almost written today off until I was in Southport around 9:30pm as the first cell just exploded out of nothing. that passed and began to move out of range so decided to head back towards Leyland way, and en route found a lay-by which had a total 360* perfectly flat view over the fields and what a show it was. There were the two main cells to the East over Bolton and south Manchester we had a perfect view of - Frequent CC lightning at first as they were still developing but then we began getting more CG's which looked absolutely stunning, accompanied by the constant rumbling in the distance which I've only ever heard of from videos and people in America.
We began to see some very clear CGs from behind our position, due South and these began to get more frequent until she arrived with multiple CGs striking within 100m or so of our location, I've never heard sound like it!

It seemed to become increasingly hot and humid in the clear skies behind and the temps have stayed at the 17-18*C mark (Only moving car temps, not very accurate I know).

What are the chances of more explosive development over this region of Lancashire overnight? Or have we had our lot for now? I'm very new to all the scientific side of this and don't know what to look for on the charts etc!

Regards,
Jordan

• Like 5