Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - SPANISH PLUME - 30/06/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Lightning to my NE now (I am in C/Durham) so this is from the east coast and Newcastle storms - they have initiated from nowhere tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

Deffo another possible supercell passed over Skipton across the Yorkshire Pennines, producing large hail, damaging winds

attachicon.gifhiradarzoomv42 (2).png

Gonna be a long night for NE England residents!

This passed over me!!

Posted

This passed over me!!

It has definitely intensified somewhat over the past hour... what was it like passing over you?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Loads of lightning again, visible to my north east this time towards the coast. Also starting to see flashes to my south west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Wouldn't worry too much over CAPE charts for early morning, plenty of energy and instability to keep these storms going, question is, who will get them and who will miss out? Wish I knew!

Oh good :D

Estofex 50% line pretty much over my head which is more than today!

Getting increasingly despondent re Friday night - fingers crossed it doesn't keep downgrading

Posted

It has definitely intensified somewhat over the past hour... what was it like passing over you?

Yeah it's definitely stronger now but we had frequent lightning and thunder. Heavy rain no hail.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

I'm surprised the system over France isn't drawing more attention. I seriously think warnings will go out for the South east at some stage. If that survives it could be nasty stuff. I've been checking it's progress. It continues to develop and I think it will arrive earlier than expected. Happy days if it does

Hurrah to this... Sleeping with the blind up - just in case!

Posted

Yeah it's definitely stronger now but we had frequent lightning and thunder. Heavy rain no hail.

Sounds perfect - I can hear something to my south west now also so maybe it's that rolling in and flashes and rumbles to the north east where the coast is - can honestly say it has been one of the most active days in this region since I can remember!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I'm surprised the system over France isn't drawing more attention. I seriously think warnings will go out for the South east at some stage. If that survives it could be nasty stuff. I've been checking it's progress. It continues to develop and I think it will arrive earlier than expected. Happy days if it does

Aha IF! If MetO care only to give a yellow for what's up north right now, they won't bat an eyelid at some elevated rain (by the time it reaches us, if it reaches us!)

French MCS looks like weakening to me right now

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

That seems to be it for the little elevated cell here, nice to see some night lightning, quite a rarity! :)

Attention now turns to the clump coming over the border! 

Posted

Some of us have seen absolutely fantastic storms tonight :D So jealous! Everything seems to have happened about 5 hours later than forecast; things were meant to get going by 5 pm and then have cleared Central Scotland by midnight, but it looks like storm are still firing even near Liverpool! There's an interesting bundle of weak storms moving into the Dumfries area now. Maybe these will intensify as they move through Scotland? Not sure though as most CAPE will be gone now.

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

Sky is very chaotic here, quite a few lightning flashes from this elevated storm. No rain and very little thunder

I can see them from here too. kitchen window faces south-ish.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

The storm now over the Dales and its friend to the N have to be supercells as well. Both developed and moved North then later turned NE and have continued to prosper. I can see the lightning from one of them from c. 70 miles away so it must be very tall and it looks huge on the radar and has a circular shape. The other one to its N looks a little more ragged but its persistence and right-moving motion is also indicative.

Gonna have to hit the sack shortly off to Chester then Arnside tomorrow. Could be an interesting day.....

• Like 1

Posted

Thought you folks might find this interesting.  Sorry about the quality, it was dark and my phone camera didn't pick the hail up visibly but it got some really good audio.

The loud smacks and bangs are the hail hitting my Garage Door and the roof of my car!  It gets really interesting from about 1:22 onwards :)

https://youtu.be/MwPLUjqRaQw

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Deffo another possible supercell passed over Skipton across the Yorkshire Pennines, producing large hail, damaging winds

attachicon.gifhiradarzoomv42 (2).png

Gonna be a long night for NE England residents!

I'm still shaking! Went out to watch the lightning and it was stunning. Got right overhead so I went inside and watched out the window. Heavy rain came then the wind started roaring and the trees bending. Hubby heard a bang out the back and it was the first of many up to golfball size hailstones. We were really scared. I got some of the first and froze them and took photos but as they got bigger it was too dangerous to go out. Don't know if there is any damage. My first supercell I guess...not even had that in France. Bed now...
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

So storm starved its bordering on addiction haha, none of the charts seem overly keen to place storms in my area, we can all say lets wait to see for Friday but it will be the same outcome for 90% of people. Well done to those in the north though, some of those storms are probably once in 10 year events if not more. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Some of us have seen absolutely fantastic storms tonight :D So jealous! Everything seems to have happened about 5 hours later than forecast; things were meant to get going by 5 pm and then have cleared Central Scotland by midnight, but it looks like storm are still firing even near Liverpool! There's an interesting bundle of weak storms moving into the Dumfries area now. Maybe these will intensify as they move through Scotland? Not sure though as most CAPE will be gone now.

check out this http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page_0=12, looking pretty active! Central Belt in the next 1-2 hours looks good! Im off to get some Coffee lol

Edit: going by the elevated storm we've just had here in east central scotland, the energy is there, as soon as this clump hits it could be fireworks :)

Edited by Mesosphere
  • Like 1

Posted

Anyone else notice the outflow speed once the cell had passed, quite prevalent how the direction changed from southerly to a warm-humid northerly clocked in at 20mph max here. 

Posted

check out this http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page_0=12, looking pretty active! Central Belt in the next 1-2 hours looks good! Im off to get some Coffee lol

Yeah it's looking much better now :D Bit worried that I'll be too far west though. Same lol - need to stay up late just in case something happens. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Also those storms are heading straight for Newcastle again. 

Posted

Also those storms are heading straight for Newcastle again. 

Yup and boy can you hear then  :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:  :bomb:

Posted

Nice radar return

post-1325-0-79619100-1435792930_thumb.jp