Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - SPANISH PLUME - 30/06/15 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Yep not over yet, the Storms just getting going in the Western Parts of Wales etc should run straight north through Aber, Bangor, Liverpool etc etc, and should ultimately follow the plume northwards towards Western Parts of Scotland.

Of course other storms could still fire over parts of England and move Northwards as we are approaching the hottest part of the day, would think its not over yet by a long shot

Thanks Paul :-) You've just made me a very happy man Edited by Chris R

Posted

Well my day was pants due to a broken part being given to me to install should have been finished by 1pm and just finished so no point chasing. Rather irritating I have to sit in this oppressive heat with no chance of a decent storm to clear the air.

I am serious when I say Friday had better deliver. Literally there is not other option now - I'm sick and tired of storms which fanny about next to where I am and don't get me started on AcCas - used to love it - but now when I see it I just know it means empty promises for three days then nothing to finish it all off.

Good to see SOMEONE's getting storms though. Seriously this country is pathetic.

Rant over. Now let's see some video of these storms... :-)

Its not too late yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Let's keep our fingers crossed HC. After the heat today, I think we deserve a nice storm.

You just stole the words right out of my mouth.

Now that we have made an excellent milestone in terms of warmth, let's get some thunderstorms rolling now to cap off what has been an excellent summer's day! :clapping:

• Like 1

Posted

Let's keep our fingers crossed HC. After the heat today, I think we deserve a nice storm.

Yes, just a waiting game now. Going to stock up on pizza n beers now as this could be a long one!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Yh from the link Arnie just put up it looked very elevated indeed, no signs of a supercell with that cell at all unfortunately

Dont rule out a few flashes and bangs across the SE In the early hours Harry!

Im keeping my fingers crossed Paul...few sferics detected recently!

Posted

Even with mid level cloud cover its still 31°C but i think the storms will start to develop just to my north possibly again starting around the Cotswold area and more widespread than earlier. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Just called the power grid and it appears that there are a fair number without power including me but should be resolved by 6.30pm

Posted

is it game over for the north west england  ? ,  BBC showed heavy showers with lighning graphics over this area at 1600,  err still waiting lol   just endless grey skies with patchy light rain in places, not looking good atm, have a feeling nothing will happen here ,

however, nice to see a few storms over the east though,  which popped over the east midlands and moved north east,  that wasnt meant to happen was it?  proves how unpredictable these sneaky storms are,  

Posted

Oooh what's that SW of Worcester? I hope it's something building :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Does anyone think that small storm in the channel south of Eastbourne is going to make landfall?

Posted

I wonder if that NE England storm will swing back into NE Scotland?

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Normal thundery day here. Sheffield shield made sure only a weak thundery shower got through and as soon as it left Sheffield it grew into a proper storm.

Briefly looked promising but no dead as a duck.

Posted

HI! Can any of you more experienced people advise on the likelyhood of a storm in HD3, Huddersfield, Salendine Nook area?

Posted

Just started to rain here but no lightning. Surprised really as there been a lot of lightning in other parts of scotland so it seems

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Normal thundery day here. Sheffield shield made sure only a weak thundery shower got through and as soon as it left Sheffield it grew into a proper storm.

Briefly looked promising but no dead as a duck.

we got a fairly hefty rain shower with massive blobs of rain and some rumbling in the distance, but that's it!

(Penistone)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Does anyone think that small storm in the channel south of Eastbourne is going to make landfall?

Looks like it's on a trough moving east and will stay in the channel, strange direction for it to be moving though, admittedly.

Edit, put the wrong direction in lol.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Looks like it's on a trough moving west and will stay in the channel, strange direction for it to be moving though, admittedly.

Looks like it's moving east to me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Best storm in ages in Newcastle; there was some small hail, torrential rain, plenty of cloud to ground lightning and the thunder boomed constantly. It's only 22 degrees now so very refreshing as well!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Horribly flat cloud has ruined the day here. Shame to see so much energy go to waste!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather

What a flamin day. Boiled driving the bus. Thumpin headache. Held out hope that those lovely big clouds would eventually produce some flashes and bangs but absolutely nothing! What is wrong with this part of the uk? I was busy saying this morning that i bet the storms are south and east to us, and yep, i was right. Am going for a much-needed cold shower, and sods law i'll get zapped. Not happy :-(

Posted

Can anyone give a decent update on forecast for tonight? Particularly for Scotland (East Coast)?  Would be much appreciated.