Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

When in Birmingham in the early 90s did it snow in late spring / early summer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

My mates missus says it was June but im trying to prove it didn't by way of meteociel archive but she doesn't understand chart, would be most grateful if someone could help, I think it was a May of either 90 or 91 not June.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

I can't remember a May snowfall in the early 90s, but it certainly snowed here in N Worcs on 6 May 1997. There was fairly widespread snowfall down to the N Midlands that day (according to Trevor Harley), but I think we were one of the southernmost places where it settled, albeit for just an hour or so. It was quite a shock to the system, as election day five days earlier had been warm and sunny!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

After temps during the previous week (including GE Thursday) over 21C, temps began to fall rapidly over the weekend and if I remember correctly the Monday was a Bank Holiday with increasingly cold heavy rain all day.  Tuesday dawned with a light coating of snow and/or graupel with the N.Wales hills solid white.  Bear in mind this is from memory nearly 20 years ago.

Posted

There was some high level snow in May 93 in the north, but nothing low level. May 90 was a very warm month. June 91 was very cool but didn't deliver any low level snow.

Posted

17th May 1995 snowed in Shropshire, not sure about Birmingham. Nothing in the early 90s (May 1990 was very warm, 1991 cooler but dry, 1992 warmest of the century). Early April 1989 was the only time I remember it snowing in spring between 1987 and 1995.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Thanks for the replies, I did remember around this stated period though lying snow on the news in Kent but definitely pre summer, it was may, cant find anything DEFINITIVE to back it up though, I thought may 90 myself.