Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Welcome home NW chasers

nsrobins

Posted

A warm welcome home to the Netweather chasers after a fantastic roller coaster season. Floods, hail, tornados, lightning, thousands of miles and even the Northern lights have entertained us for the last seven weeks or so. A big thank you from me for sharing your stories, and even allowing me to catch you up on a couple of occasions. The bonus shelf cloud and nocturnal tornado we shared together near Colby, KS was one of the highlights of my chase.

Roll on 2016 😎

• Like 6

Posted

Thanks for starting this Neil.

Just wanted to say thanks to all of our guests this year, I hope you had a fantastic time. And of course thanks to the team for all of your hard work, photos, video, kicks of the stream, monster drives and more. Plus a particular mention for Paul S after another marathon stint out in the USA!

Now we start counting down to 2016 :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Start counting down? I've been doing that since I got off the plane :D

I am so glad my arm was twisted to go on one of these tours. Had a blast from start to finish thanks in no small part to the awesome team. Bring on next year :)

• Like 1

Posted

I think you will struggle to find a package like the one Netweather deliver, the weather, the mileage, the scenery, oh and of course the Great British humour, toughness and resilience. The combination of all these make it THE best tour around, as this season has again proved. Well done to the team of drivers, support staff, back office staff who make this such a great experience.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

Thanks Guys

Once again we out performed the US Chasing Tours with numbers of Tornadoes for the 2nd Season running (Must be doing something right)

Loads of firsts once again for us this year.....Including 6 States in 1 day, 8 Tornadoes in 1 Day, 2 Derechios on 1 Tour! Northern Lights.

Would like to say a massive thank you to the Staff for putting up with me and our wonderful guests who have given us all numerous laughs, you dont mind putting up with the 500-750 miles per day, sometimes crud food if out shooting lightning until 3am etc

Miles Driven this year was 20,345 which comes in at average for the season

Tornado numbers were 25 (2nd Best ever after last years 27)

Speeding Fines = 0 (Again no tickets in 3 years which means we are on the right Supercells and are not having to play catch up)

Colorado Topped the list with 12 Tornadoes this year followed by South Dakota with 6, Texas came next with 4 and Kansas had 2 and Oklahoma trailing in with 1.

Colorado also had some insane Northern Lights on the 22nd June viewed from a latitude of 42 Degrees North.

Largest Hail was Baseball

Tallest Supercell was the Tri State Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota Beast at 71,000ft

Biggest Tornado was the Canadian Tornado on 27th May which was rated an EF3.

So many more stories to tell and pictures to post but that will be left for another few weeks once the Jetlag is over etc

Was also great to meet up with some familiar and new faces again out on the road, including Paul Knightley, Cam and Tim, Dave Ewoldt, Peter Scott, Nathan Edwards, Olly and Tim, Mr Robins and numerous others I have probably forgotten

As South Dakotas sign says Great Faces, Great Places!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

And what a time to be back in Blighty! :D

Posted

I think you will struggle to find a package like the one Netweather deliver, the weather, the mileage, the scenery, oh and of course the Great British humour, toughness and resilience. The combination of all these make it THE best tour around, as this season has again proved. Well done to the team of drivers, support staff, back office staff who make this such a great experience.

Great British humour is one way to describe it.... Oh yeah Skip!

I would like to that Paul, Nick, Arron and Mr Vicary for the hours of fun and exciting driving skills provided on T3.  My work colleagues are now ready to certify me for my love of twisty weather events.

Edited by CycloneGail
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Ooooo just seen this thread.....

I would just like to say that being given the opportunity to travel the U.S. with such a great bunch of guys and girls is the most rewarding thing I do. Seeing the smiles and some times nervous faces of passengers as we blast through supercells in search of the elusive spinny things gets me through the days sat driving a desk back here in London.

A great season, and I never stop learning on each trip......I just wish I could go for longer.

Roll on 2016!!!!!  :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted

Two dates carved in stone for the next few years - A two-week Midwest chase 2016 and then the big one - a total eclipse US tour 2017.

Live the dream!