Snow?

Premier League Discussion

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

Wow Ole the magical tactician, what a manager, completely turned it around. United should of won by more, 2-3 flatters Southampton, they were pretty average(I guess Newcastle just made them look good)

5-1 Spurs 🤣🤣🤣🤣  

Posted Images

Well he got one thing right, we are pathetic and are more than likely than not going down.

I only feel sorry for Benitez in a small way though, he should know what he was going into and most managers won't be able to turn around a team that is low on confidence and lets be honest, he is hardly committed to the job long term with that relegation clause in his contract! He will soon be managing either the Spanish national team or Valencia in the future and won't give too hoots about Newcastle Utd in the Championship. That said, I won't be upset if he goes because he would probably resign after like 5 games if we get off to a poor start so at least we will have the whole summer of finding a new manager who will be in it for the long term.

I just hope Steven Taylor never plays for the club again either, he possibly become one of the worse defenders I have seen for a long time because all he does is back off and then sticks a leg out when the attacker shoots and that first goal he tried to defend is just laughable really. Oh and he's injured now which is no surprise really!

Its not over yet but its getting very close now, it got to the point where if Sunderland lose tomorrow, then maybe them beating Norwich is probably the best result we can hope for as it wont increase the gap(Although it will boost there chances of survival!) but can this team beat Swansea at home? Our record against them is pretty poor and they are a decent side when they can be, plus if we go 1 down, the atmosphere will probably turn for the worse and they will crumble!

Just watching the Leicester match and Sunderland have been dominating Leicester for the last 5-10 mins. Can I really be the only one that thinks a Leicester win of the PL would seriously undermine the league? I mean I think I'd prefer a Tottenham title!

18 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Just watching the Leicester match and Sunderland have been dominating Leicester for the last 5-10 mins. Can I really be the only one that thinks a Leicester win of the PL would seriously undermine the league? I mean I think I'd prefer a Tottenham title!

In what way 'undermine'? In that Man Ure mightn't win their rightful place, in the Champions' League?:cc_confused:

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

In what way 'undermine'? In that Man Ure mightn't win the rightful place, in the Champions' League?:cc_confused:

Not at all. But it just doesn't sit right does it? Being able to stroll from relegation fodder last year to champions this. Hardly supports a glowing endorsement for the quality of the league.

Graeme Souness has just hit the nail on the head. If you were Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barca etc you'd be laughing your head off at Leicester being top of the PL playing like they have been recently. Not much quality on show today so far. Plus, how will it look on the league next season when they're most likely destroyed in the group stages of the CL?

Tottenham have been far classier IMO.

Edited by CreweCold

I think it's sour grapes from the big boys, myself. I mean let's face it, Leicester have beaten, barring Arsenal, everyone this year, and Liverpool and Man City are in with a good shout in Europe - PSG and Dortmund are hardly pushovers! And, what about Chelsea? Champions to nowhere in one season? IMO, the playing field is finally starting to level out?:D

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

I think it's sour grapes from the big boys, myself. I mean let's face it, Leicester have beaten, barring Arsenal, everyone this year, and Liverpool and Man City are in with a good shout in Europe - PSG and Dortmund are hardly pushovers! And, what about Chelsea? Champions to nowhere in one season? IMO, the playing field is finally starting to level out?:D

Fully agreed. I couldn't give a toss about the quality of the league or the international appeal and don't see why people obsess over it. Just listening to TalkS***te in the car, Adrian Durham and Stan Collymore (is there a worse commentary pairing in football?) banging on about how horrible it will be to see Leicester in the CL.

This has been the best PL season since its inception. If "quality" has to be compromised to have a more competitive league then bring it on. The only ones unhappy are the big boys, not a bad thing at all :D

And get in Leicester!

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Best thing for it. Shows what can be done if you have the desire.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Fully agreed. I couldn't give a toss about the quality of the league or the international appeal and don't see why people obsess over it. Just listening to TalkS***te in the car, Adrian Durham and Stan Collymore (is there a worse commentary pairing in football?) banging on about how horrible it will be to see Leicester in the CL.

This has been the best PL season since its inception. If "quality" has to be compromised to have a more competitive league then bring it on. The only ones unhappy are the big boys, not a bad thing at all :D

And get in Leicester!

Personally I don't want to see the Champions League full of 'one season wonder' teams. That applies to teams from any given country. It's supposedly an elite competition and I'd much rather watch Barca vs Bayern than Besiktas vs Leicester frickin City. 

Edited by CreweCold
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

Personally I don't want to see the Champions League full of 'one season wonder' teams. That applies to teams from any given country. It's supposedly an elite competition and I'd much rather watch Barca vs Bayern than Besiktas vs Leicester frickin City. 

You'll be in the minority I suspect. I haven't seen a single Champions League game this season, but can't wait to see Leicester in it. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

I suspect it'll be quite 'flat' at The Lane now. I expect Man U to win today.

If Sunderland had some composure in front of goal they'd be 2-1 up now

3 minutes ago, NUT said:

Game delayed by 15 minutes at the lane cause the man u team bus stuck in traffic

I reckon they're in the pub watching sky.

4 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

I suspect it'll be quite 'flat' at The Lane now. I expect Man U to win today.

I'm not so sure, Bris - Harry is due another hat trick...Also, with Liverpool and Man City looking well-place in Europe, a top-two finish might be vital. We don't want an even more catastrophic 'robbery' as what we saw in 2012. Let's hope that City stay up there?:D