Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Premier League Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

No desire to win that game from either team (Leeds & United). To be expected with nothing to play for by either team. 

That’s what you get when one team dominates the league, and I suspect it’ll just get worse over the next few years. Even my City supporting mate said he’d rather they were pushed right to the end rather than running away with it.

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 10.7k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

Wow Ole the magical tactician, what a manager, completely turned it around. United should of won by more, 2-3 flatters Southampton, they were pretty average(I guess Newcastle just made them look good)

5-1 Spurs 🤣🤣🤣🤣  

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

To be fair, Man City haven't been out of this world this season, it's more that the chasing pack have all been rather inconsistent and poor by their standards.

Manchester United were much more dominant in the late 90's and earlier 00's than what City are now.  City have had a good season this season, but it's not like they are doing it season in, season out yet.  The last 5 winners of the PL are Liverpool, Man City twice, Chelsea and Leicester.  Liverpool won it by a lot more last season than what City look like winning it by this season.  Not quite the "United" style dominance.  Plus, they have yet to win a European cup still.

I think next season the chasing pack will have improved, ironed out any shortfalls, and the league will be a lot closer.  For example, I think Chelsea will be right up there next season, they got a good team building down there.

Edited by AWD
    Posted
    12 minutes ago, AWD said:

To be fair, Man City haven't been out of this world this season, it's more that the chasing pack have all been rather inconsistent and poor by their standards.

Manchester United were much more dominant in the late 90's and earlier 00's than what City are now.  City have had a good season this season, but it's not like they are doing it season in, season out yet.  The last 5 winners of the PL are Liverpool, Man City twice, Chelsea and Leicester.  Not quite the "United" style dominance.  Plus, they have yet to win a European cup still.

I think next season the chasing pack will have improved, ironed out any shortfalls, and the league will be a lot closer.  For example, I think Chelsea will be right up there next season, they got a good team building down there.

Would be nice to see a real slog between Chelsea, United, Liverpool and City. Just makes things so much more interesting than the season merely petering out. 

Would make a refreshing change than seeing players mentally already on the beach with 5 or 6 league games to go.

There’s something disturbing about players who are being paid 100-200k a week not wanting to win the game regardless, even if just for professional pride.

So much talk of the fans recently, well I’m disgusted by our approach today...it was more like a training match. That wasn’t playing for the fans; so many players looking like they couldn’t be bothered.

We’ll most likely get stuffed by Liverpool next week. They have something to aim for (top 4) whilst we will have nothing to play for plus will have played a tough semi final in the EL.

Edited by CreweCold
    Posted

Funny listening to bbc news and hearing the other two matches ended 0-0 😂🤣😂 (incl utd match 😂🤣😂🤣) 😂🤣😂🤣 🏆 🏆 

Edited by WillinGlossop
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
    5 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

So var got it wrong.....

VAR didn't make the decision, the referee did . . . after seeing 101 different angles!🤔

• Like 1
    Posted
    17 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

VAR didn't make the decision, the referee did . . . after seeing 101 different angles!🤔

Yes but by being made to go to the monitor the decision was basically already made in his head...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Sky, BT Sport, Amazon and the BBC have agreed a combined package worth £4.6bn to show Premier League games and highlights for another 3 years

• Sky have paid £3.58bn for 200 games including the 16:30 Sunday slot
    • BT Sport have paid £385m for 52 matches
    • Amazon have bought 20 matches for midweek early December and all of the Boxing Day fixtures
    • The BBC have retained the highlights package for MOTD
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Man U will be disappointed along with Liverpool as we both topped the league at one stage, only to fall tamely away, especially Liverpool who are facing Europa hell. The bottom line is that Liverpool need classy replacements in defence when it all goes tights up, the defence has been shocking and we don't actually deserve a Champions League spot. I preferred not being in Europe at all, hopefully we can lose  all our remaining games😄 Will Klopp be at Liverpool next season......who knows?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun
    5 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Sky, BT Sport, Amazon and the BBC have agreed a combined package worth £4.6bn to show Premier League games and highlights for another 3 years

• Sky have paid £3.58bn for 200 games including the 16:30 Sunday slot
    • BT Sport have paid £385m for 52 matches
    • Amazon have bought 20 matches for midweek early December and all of the Boxing Day fixtures
    • The BBC have retained the highlights package for MOTD

I think that matches the existing deal? So not a bad outcome as French and Italian leagues have had to take significant hits on their renewals I believe. And I guess it's contingent on no 'key' clubs disappearing off on their own...........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow
    7 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Man U will be disappointed along with Liverpool as we both topped the league at one stage, only to fall tamely away, especially Liverpool who are facing Europa hell. The bottom line is that Liverpool need classy replacements in defence when it all goes tights up, the defence has been shocking and we don't actually deserve a Champions League spot. I preferred not being in Europe at all, hopefully we can lose  all our remaining games😄 Will Klopp be at Liverpool next season......who knows?

Chipping it as a Spurs supporter I would add that the real potential problem that awaits one club is qualification for the new European Conference League, a third tier competition in which the winners are treated to automatic qualification for the following season's Europa League group stages regardless of any failure to qualify for Europe through their domestic league or cup competition !    Whoop-eee!

If Spurs had won the League Cup they would have been claiming this position.....now it goes to the next League position down, but is dependent on a few outcomes.  For Liverpool and Spurs in particular I think the trouble is striving to get into the Champions League and failing, only to land in the position that gets the Europa Conference League qualification!

It's complicated to work out at the moment with multiple outcomes depending on the outcomes of the European trophies currently being played, English representation in the next season's CL and Europa League will either be 4 and 3 teams respectively or 5 and 2.   The latter is possible if Chelsea win the CL and either Arsenal or Man Utd win the Europa League AND fail to clinch a top 4 spot.  Man Utd's worst possible league position  (ignoring dramatic turnarounds in goal difference)  is 7th, which might leave them in a Conference League spot. 

For me the preference for Spurs in order is

1) qualification for the Champions League,

2) qualification for the Europa League

3)  not qualifying for Europe at all.

4) qualification for the Europa Conference League.

The Europa Conference thing is a curse. It would just sum up our season if we ended up still qualifying for it despite deliberately losing to Man City in the League Cup final to get out of it!  :)   

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1
    Posted
    Posted (edited)

3BED0AB7-9AB2-465B-B4E5-4D6C26B60920.thumb.jpeg.f94f7e0d52fde161a1180ec990844f50.jpeg24E0AC9C-A080-44B7-84E2-18FD1C199BB0.thumb.jpeg.53330e50d03effdf95b90141c6cceedc.jpeg

Woohoo 🙌🏻 🥳  Super Manchester City

Edited by WillinGlossop
    Posted

Manchester United fans are staging a protest on the pitch against the owners after getting inside Old Trafford

Posted

The big game today is a bit of a non event, Liverpool can't finish 4th and Man U cannot be champions, it's just a bragging rights game and with the dire season Liverpool have had, I go for a 3-1 United win

Posted

Manchester United v Liverpool is in doubt with Michael Oliver turned away from the ground following a huge security breach at Old Trafford

Posted

Man U v Liverpool game delayed for safety reasons. No kick off time yet.

Posted

Liverpool made a 46 million loss😵

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
    6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Liverpool made a 46 million loss😵

Pretty good considering the situation for the last year and a bit.  To be expected!

Posted

Game postponed

Posted

Here's an interesting POV i nicked from a poster on another forum, regards possible future ownership of clubs that some fans groups are wanting:

If fans make up 50% of the ownership are they going to be responsible for any losses? Are they going to put up money for a new stadium or for players or when a club gets relegated? 

• Like 2
    Posted

How did the fans manage to get into old trafford and on the pitch for a start

Posted
    Posted (edited)
    59 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Here's an interesting POV i nicked from a poster on another forum, regards possible future ownership of clubs that some fans groups are wanting:

If fans make up 50% of the ownership are they going to be responsible for any losses? Are they going to put up money for a new stadium or for players or when a club gets relegated? 

Exactly...it's just a romaticised idea. Who would fund the transfers necessary to remain competitive and viable as a club? Who would maintain the stadium? 

People need to realise the Glazers own the club, it's their business and they can do what they like. 

Football is a business. The Glazers don't stop people from going to the park and playing football with their kids, the Glazers don't stop people from going and supporting a grass roots club. 

People like Gary Neville seem to be egging these people on. I didn't hear him moaning when he was having his wages paid by TV money.

Edited by CreweCold
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Were it up to me, I'd have cancelled the match entirely, and awarded Liverpool a 0-3 win!😁

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
    3 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Were it up to me, I'd have cancelled the match entirely, and awarded Liverpool a 0-3 win!😁

They might do yet although Sky and the PremierLeague will desperately want to have their biggest fixture shown and they won’t want it throwing into to an obscure weekday evening slot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings
    39 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Exactly...it's just a romaticised idea. Who would fund the transfers necessary to remain competitive and viable as a club? Who would maintain the stadium? 

The last time I went to Old Trafford it didn't look like anyone was maintaining the stadium. Do you think the Glazers are buying the players out of their own pockets? A huge portion of Man Utd's revenues are spent servicing the debt that they created by using a loan secured against the club's own assets to buy it.

Bayern Munich are 51% fan-owned, debt-free, and have enormous annual revenues. They are the 3rd most valuable club in the world. So 51% ownership can work.