Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Premier League Discussion

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

Wow Ole the magical tactician, what a manager, completely turned it around. United should of won by more, 2-3 flatters Southampton, they were pretty average(I guess Newcastle just made them look good)

5-1 Spurs 🤣🤣🤣🤣  

Posted Images

Posted
    5 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

steve bruce took hull down took sunderland down.. now taking newcastle down.. if their was a man who hated the north east more...I spose his next job will be middlesbrough to take them down,,, 

He never took Sunderland down(sadly) but he's looking like he will take us down. 

Should be no surprise though, employ a manager with the worst win percentage ever in the PL(after 100 games), unambitious, a yes man and plays Joelinton in every game which means we are playing with 10 men. 

He should of been sacked after the Sheff Utd debarcle. BTW Graham Potter should be managing a better team than Brighton and has got europeion experience but because he's british, he probably won't get a top job. 

Posted
    4 minutes ago, Geordiesnow said:

He never took Sunderland down(sadly) but he's looking like he will take us down. 

Should be no surprise though, employ a manager with the worst win percentage ever in the PL(after 100 games), unambitious, a yes man and plays Joelinton in every game which means we are playing with 10 men. 

He should of been sacked after the Sheff Utd debarcle. BTW Graham Potter should be managing a better team than Brighton and has got europeion experience but because he's british, he probably won't get a top job. 

Who took sunderland down? I remember him and keane spending about 100 mil each,on utter dross.... Yeah joelinton had this debate with my cousins, as their all jordys, their cant stand him their said ashley wanted him rafa looked at him rejected him, then when rafa walked their spunked 40 mil on him.. the guy is usless but he does try hard cant fault his effort 

Posted
    6 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Who took sunderland down? I remember him and keane spending about 100 mil each,on utter dross.... Yeah joelinton had this debate with my cousins, as their all jordys, their cant stand him their said ashley wanted him rafa looked at him rejected him, then when rafa walked their spunked 40 mil on him.. the guy is usless but he does try hard cant fault his effort 

In fairness thought he looked a bit better in recent games(although clearly lacks confidence) but today back to being totally shocking, can't hold the ball up, gets nudged off the ball when a feather touches him, got to be the worst striker this club has had. 

David Moyes took Sunderland down, does make you wonder how much managers can influence things and whether it's just down to the players(believe me, Graham Potter will do very well with very good players) but Steve Bruce is just consistently terrible, very old school attitude of calling the sides near the top the 'big' teams and absoulutly delighted getting a point away from home against 19th place West Brom. Its depressing stuff and I think the players have lost faith in him really and when that happens, then your in big trouble. 

Posted
    16 minutes ago, Geordiesnow said:

In fairness thought he looked a bit better in recent games(although clearly lacks confidence) but today back to being totally shocking, can't hold the ball up, gets nudged off the ball when a feather touches him, got to be the worst striker this club has had. 

David Moyes took Sunderland down, does make you wonder how much managers can influence things and whether it's just down to the players(believe me, Graham Potter will do very well with very good players) but Steve Bruce is just consistently terrible, very old school attitude of calling the sides near the top the 'big' teams and absoulutly delighted getting a point away from home against 19th place West Brom. Its depressing stuff and I think the players have lost faith in him really and when that happens, then your in big trouble. 

Aye my cousins have already accepted going down, and are looking forward to the derbys next year... But on tonights perfomance i cant see you back up anytime soon 

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted

Well Well! Eye opener result for Chelsea..................

• Like 1
    Posted

*SPOILER* Arsenal getting beat quite heavily lordy they're not a good team are they

Edited by NUT
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I'm saying nowt!🤣

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

A late return to form can see Liverpool pinch 4th. Leicester usually wimp out at the money end of the season and maybe Chelsea are about to fall apart too.

Edited by lassie23
    Posted
    1 hour ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Look away now steve bruce,,, 

Oh well at least Manchester City won this weekend... nice Easter 🐣 win ️ 

Posted
  • Location: Back in Edmonton Alberta(via Chelmsford, Exeter & Calgary)

West Ham up to 4th with 8 games left..who would have thunk it

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
    5 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

West Ham up to 4th with 8 games left..who would have thunk it

I'm shocked Moyes had it in him to be honest. I think a lot of hammers fans rolled their eyes at his appointment. 

He seems to have all the charisma of a soggy bap but he is getting the job done.

• Like 1
    Posted
    28 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

I'm shocked Moyes had it in him to be honest. I think a lot of hammers fans rolled their eyes at his appointment. 

He seems to have all the charisma of a soggy bap but he is getting the job done.

yep im one of those who kind of shook their head at the appointment...esp looking at the opening 8 fixtures thought we would be bottom with potentially zero points and Moyes heading for the exit..but to be fair he did a great job in those fixtures and gave the team the confidence to kick on from there

Posted
    2 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

yep im one of those who kind of shook their head at the appointment...esp looking at the opening 8 fixtures thought we would be bottom with potentially zero points and Moyes heading for the exit..but to be fair he did a great job in those fixtures and gave the team the confidence to kick on from there

Champions league for the hammers???

Posted
    14 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Champions league for the hammers???

nope we will finish 7th or 8th 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

So a long ball is played to Jota who runs after it and Matt Cash tries to cut it out.

Jota is adjudged by VAR to be in an offside position but they then try to judge whether MAtt Cash played him on by deliberately touching it!  Surely, if Jota is offside, he is offside from the moment the ball was played  because there is no question he is looking to run on to it, so whether of not Matt Cash touches it as it goes through to him is irrelevant....he doesn't exactly set up another phase of play in doing so!

The offside rule seems crazy if such a touch would have played him onside!  (As it happens they thought he hadn;t!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorm.
    3 minutes ago, Timmytour said:

So a long ball is played to Jota who runs after it and Matt Cash tries to cut it out.

Jota is adjudged by VAR to be in an offside position but they then try to judge whether MAtt Cash played him on by deliberately touching it!  Surely, if Jota is offside, he is offside from the moment the ball was played  because there is no question he is looking to run on to it, so whether of not Matt Cash touches it as it goes through to him is irrelevant....he doesn't exactly set up another phase of play in doing so!

The offside rule seems crazy if such a touch would have played him onside!  (As it happens they thought he hadn;t!)

Ridiculous isn't it how tight things are now. VAR is only supposed to be used for big mistakes. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I agree such fine margins are ridiculous and have only served to make the "being level is onside" rule obsolete.  So many decisions given now are typical of those which in years gone by were determined to be level and onside at first glance by commentators and pundits alike with nothing more ever said about them.

But, putting the narrowness of the offside decision aside, the curiosity for me here on this decision was the claim that if Matt Cash had touched the ball, he would have played Jota onside!  Surely that should only be the case if he is setting up a new phase of play, not trying to intervene in the current one?  Jot is quite clearly running for the ball when the pass is played and is therefore "active".  It should be determined therefore that, if the ball gets through to him whether directly or via a deflection, he was offside at the moment the ball was played and therefore any touch from Matt Cash was irrelevant? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Still hanging on for a small chance of finishing 4th.

• Like 1
    Posted
    14 hours ago, AWD said:

Still hanging on for a small chance of finishing 4th.

be horrible to end up in the europa pointless league

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Refereeing in the prem is an absolute shambles. Fuming.