Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Premier League Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
    1 hour ago, AWD said:

That's what I would prefer.  Either finish 4th (which is looking less and less likely) or finish well down in mid table.  I really don't want to have to waste time participating in the Europa next season.

I written off this season a while back.  It all went for us last season, luck/injuries/decisions etc.  This season is the opposite and it's all going against us.  Write off the season, sort out a few imports and exports over the summer, get all the squad match fit again and go again next season, with NO Europa League football.  

Liverpool need cover some more quality defenders, they will be a different proposition next season.

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 10.6k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

Wow Ole the magical tactician, what a manager, completely turned it around. United should of won by more, 2-3 flatters Southampton, they were pretty average(I guess Newcastle just made them look good)

WEATHER WARNING IN NORTH LONDON. Massive dust storm hits North London as contractors enter Tottenham Hotspur's Trophy room;

Posted Images

Posted

Why are Man City trying to pass the ball into the net

Posted
    16 minutes ago, AWD said:

Steven Gerrard

The Scottish league is a Mickey Mouse league lol

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
    15 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

The Scottish league is a Mickey Mouse league lol

Yeah, but Celtic normally control it.  He's put Celtic way back on the curb this season.

Anyway, it was more a tongue in cheek comment.  I don't think Klopp will lose his job this season.  He's delivered the first PL title to Liverpool, along with another CL trophy and the Club World Cup.  He deserves the time to sort it out, and I think he will eventually, just too late to save this season.

Edited by AWD
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Excellent win for us

Posted
    35 minutes ago, AWD said:

Yeah, but Celtic normally control it.  He's put Celtic way back on the curb this season.

Anyway, it was more a tongue in cheek comment.  I don't think Klopp will lose his job this season.  He's delivered the first PL title to Liverpool, along with another CL trophy and the Club World Cup.  He deserves the time to sort it out, and I think he will eventually, just too late to save this season.

Don't forget the the Super Cup, it is super after all.

Posted
    3 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Don't forget the the Super Cup, it is super after all.

Like the cuppa soup😂😊😂🤣

Posted

At least Super City still 11 points ahead of Rags... and Scoucers nearer relegation than the top... 😊

Posted
    1 hour ago, AWD said:

You also got to give Gerrard credit for making Rangers much better at competing in Europe, the SPL is a poor league but staying unbeaten and only conceding 9 goals is nothing to be sniffed at. The only worry with Gerrard is how will he cope with difficult times because when Rangers went on that poor run which ended in Hamilton beating them at Ibrox, I think he was considering his future, no doubt he is thrilled he stayed though. 

Either way, Gerrard has achieved more all ready in his manergerial career than Steve Bruce has and ever will. How can a manager be happy picking up a point in a game you should be aiming to win, he clearly thought Fulham were going to get beat and thought we be 4 points clear and now it's just down to one point. Also the Carroll sub in the last 30 seconds was just disrespectful and totally unnecessary and hopefully the players use that against him. Fair enough if your one nil up but not when your drawing against a team in 19th.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
    On 05/03/2021 at 13:37, Midlands Ice Age said:

Looking at the above again...

I missed out that Robertson can be added to the list of fit players.

I think Liverpool have particularly struggled due to their losing the heart of the defence.

They took out Henderson and Fabinho (arguably their best midfielders) and tried to bolster the defence.

Result - the midfield is now nothing like it was last year, (and this impacts the forwards as the balls forward are slower), and the defence has never looked anything like water tight, at least compared to last year.

So all areas have been 'weakened'.

It might have been better to have left the defence totally weakened, but left the rest of the team in tact.

I could be wrong...      but it is looking like a probability.

MIA   

Well, well...

Did anyone else watch Liverpool last night?.

Totally outplayed Leipzig in all areas.

What did Jurgen finally do?

Exactly as I suggested above.

He left the  (supposedly less good) new centre halves at the back on their own.

He put Fabinho into mid field as the sweeper upper in a diamond formation midfield and immediately Mane, Saller and particularly  De Jiota looked totally different. The team looked back to the dangerous form of last year, with pressing far up the field working again..

The difference? Wjinaldum and Thiago were able to get the ball forward to the front 3 much quicker, and the whole team was much better in transition..

The difference was amazing.

Admittedly the forwards had forgotten how to shoot, (as they have had so little practice during the last 2 months!!!!!) 

I am wondering if Jurgen reads this thread.😀😀😄

The other interesting thing (to me) was that the 2 new defenders (Instead of playing second fiddle to a more senior player) took on the responsibilities themselves and after a slightly dodgy first 30 minutes looked 100 percent more secure. 

So the overall effect was that the defence improved (although still a bit slow), the midfield was back to last year and this gave the room and time for the forwards. A much improved situation.

Liverpool taunters....beware 

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Regarding Jurgen...

I see he semi committed to Liverpool yesterday as he stated he would turn down the German job to complete his contract at the Pool.

Apparently he has done this at all of his clubs, and he believes in keeping his word.

So ideal for the Pool - Keep him on to the end of his contract (2023). Get Gerrard in at the end of 2022 to work alongside Jurgen (also gives more chance to stabilize Rangers), and there would then be a relatively seamless transfer for the next few years. 

All looks good on paper.!!

MIA

Posted
    1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

They have been sheeet this year, even Liverpool managed to beat them

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Normal farce at the lane then.

image.thumb.png.ed7185b3cd2fcd5767b7a8f648216b96.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

So, the 'Let's Play Fulham' test is almost over for another year:

Spurs get a jammy 1-0 win, thanks to pathetic refereeing; Liverpool 0-1 Fulham, speaks for itself... And Man City blow Fulham away, as if they don't exist. No wonder Spurs and Liverpool are where they are!😁

Posted

good goal by spurs

Posted

West Ham deserved that defeat, setting up so negatively in the first half...not one shot I believe. 

Posted
    19 hours ago, CreweCold said:

West Ham deserved that defeat, setting up so negatively in the first half...not one shot I believe. 

They obviously don't think they are a very good team. Scared of playing against united as usual.

Posted

Terrible incident in the Liverpool v Wolves game

Posted

Watched the game tonight. Wow, Liverpool are bad.

Rub of the green for them tonight, and they cannot say that the officiating was against them!

Hope Patricio is OK!

Edited by CreweCold
    • Like 1
    Posted
    12 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Watched the game tonight. Wow, Liverpool are bad.

Rub of the green for them tonight, and they cannot say that the officiating was against them!

Hope Patricio is OK!

I wanted Liverpool out of the Europa places, here is hoping for a 10th place finish.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, Ice days, warm sunny days.

Yes, we were bad but we won with a clean sheet, so it's ok 👍

Nat Philips and Kabak are growing in confidence playing together and I especially like Philips hunger to win every header.

Posted
    6 hours ago, D.V.R said:

Yes, we were bad but we won with a clean sheet, so it's ok 👍

Nat Philips and Kabak are growing in confidence playing together and I especially like Philips hunger to win every header.

But we must not qualify for garbage Europa

Posted
    3 hours ago, lassie23 said:

But we must not qualify for garbage Europa

Yeah I don't think anyone wants Europa really