Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Premier League Discussion

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

Wow Ole the magical tactician, what a manager, completely turned it around. United should of won by more, 2-3 flatters Southampton, they were pretty average(I guess Newcastle just made them look good)

5-1 Spurs ūü§£ūü§£ūü§£ūü§£ ¬†

Posted Images

Posted

Somthing needs to change quickly that was a shocking tonight  and i can't see a way out of it not this season anyway man utd  need an injection of pride maybe a change of leadership as well.

Posted
    1 hour ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Got to be a little skeptical on the exact details as Craig Hope and Bruce don't see eye to eye at all but Im not surprised. His dropping of Darlow and how that was handled was really poor and the farce of instructions not being given to team mates and passing the blame onto the players from the manager will no doubt lead to tension. Why can't Bruce or any of his coaches not shouted when they can see the shape of the team has not been changed but that sums Bruce up, he's clueless. 

The West Brom game has the classic of if Newcastle get beat, Bruce will be sacked especially if we drop into the bottom 3. Of course that what would happen in most clubs but you never know with ours. Imo, he should of been sacked after the Sheffield Utd debacle but he wasn't and here we are in an even worse position. All deja vu really. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
    1 hour ago, moffat said:

Somthing needs to change quickly that was a shocking tonight  and i can't see a way out of it not this season anyway man utd  need an injection of pride maybe a change of leadership as well.

I’ve said a few times on here that I don’t think Ole can take us much further. He has stabilised the club somewhat but now we need a proper tactical coach. If we had Pep as manager I have no doubts we’d be top of the league.

It's clear as day that the coaching just isn't there at the level it should be. I see no clear system of playing and players like Rashford and Greenwood seem to be regressing under him.  There is no movement amongst our forwards- I've only seen Cavani make any clever little runs...and that has been taught elsewhere and he has pedigree. As for Martial, well I've not seen a United forward play as badly as him.

Unfortunately we let Poch go to PSG so who do we get in to take us forward now?

Edited by CreweCold
    Posted

Hi Crewe Cold   The thing is none of our forwards are up to the task at the moment we lack supply the only plus points are Fernandes and Shaw you can see the frustration in Fernandes ,   you are right about Martial he gives us nothing with a face like a smacked weeble to boot, I also think Rashfords  interest is waning  and Greenwood not on it as well , why wait until the 74th minute to bring a sub on . If we keep playing as we are top 4 looking  suspect  I think we are missing Pogba and I never thought I would be saying that , as for the city game I dread to think could be humiliating  as for solskjaer  think the clock is ticking. who we get to replace him is another matter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Man City have done a Liverpool and so another dull title race has been completed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
    6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Man City have done a Liverpool and so another dull title race has been completed.

Just be thankful it's not United!

Posted
    1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Just be thankful it's not United!

lol yes the right Manchester club has run away with it.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Anyway back to Liverpool again tonight.

I was a bit shocked listening to Roy Keane before the Sheffield United game,the other night really getting to stuck into the pool.

Basically saying that any top team should be able to lose players to injury, and if they were a top team they would still be winning every game.

So I got to thinking about a new game...

Below are the players that Liverpool have lost for prolonged periods this year due to prolonged illness or injury.

Alison 

VVD,  Gomez, Matip  (and  Alexander Arnold at start of season). 

Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Keita, Oxlade Chamberlain, plus Milner on and off.

Diogo Jota,  Mane and Salah (both had Covid early on (Oct/Nov) and are still not fully fit  (IMO)).

The above (IMO) is a good enough team to be challenging for the league title in its own rights..

if all players were fully fit..... so much for Keane and his Liverpool's injury list is no worse than many others.

I can only think of Wijnaldum and Firmino  (and they were both late back from International at the start of the season!), that have remained fully fit.

How many other teams in the league (apart from City) could lose the whole core of the team as above and still be challenging for a Euro spot?

Any takers   (even City?)

MIA

Posted
    16 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

I was a bit shocked listening to Roy Keane before the Sheffield United game,the other night really getting to stuck into the pool.

Basically saying that any top team should be able to lose players to injury, and if they were a top team they would still be winning every game.

Below are the players that Liverpool have lost for prolonged periods this year due to prolonged illness or injury.

Alison 

Diogo Jota,  Mane and Salah (both had Covid early on (Oct/Nov) and are still not fully fit  (IMO)).

The above (IMO) is a good enough team to be challenging for the league title in its own rights..

if all players were fully fit..... so much for Keane and his Liverpool's injury list is no worse than many others.

I can only think of Wijnaldum and Firmino  (and they were both late back from International at the start of the season!), that have remained fully fit.

How many other teams in the league (apart from City) could lose the whole core of the team as above and still be challenging for a Euro spot?

MIA

The problem with Keane is that he played for Manchester United so when it comes to Liverpool, he tends to talk a load of sheet. No team in the premier league can function with a constantly changing defence that is minus two of the best defenders around. It is not easy to buy cover for them either because there are not that many decent defenders and if there was, then clubs don't want to sell them because they are a rare breed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Snow & Warm lazy Summer Days
    5 hours ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Alison 

MIA

Leicester have been dogged by injuries to alot of their first team aswell and it is now starting to show, i think Liverpool are suffering mostly from a lack of quality cover on the bench/squad, strength in depth whilst keeping the squad players happy is key, city are managing it well this season, roatating the squad whilst maintaining their playing style and ruthlessness, in someways like United used to do under Fergie!

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Looking at the above again...

I missed out that Robertson can be added to the list of fit players.

I think Liverpool have particularly struggled due to their losing the heart of the defence.

They took out Henderson and Fabinho (arguably their best midfielders) and tried to bolster the defence.

Result - the midfield is now nothing like it was last year, (and this impacts the forwards as the balls forward are slower), and the defence has never looked anything like water tight, at least compared to last year.

So all areas have been 'weakened'.

It might have been better to have left the defence totally weakened, but left the rest of the team in tact.

I could be wrong...      but it is looking like a probability.

MIA   

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

At long last... the football authorities have used their common sense!

_117448400_gettyimages-1305345778.jpg
    WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Accidental handball leading to a goal-scoring chance or goal for a team-mate will no longer be penalised say football's law makers.

• Thanks 1
    Posted
    2 hours ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

I think Liverpool have particularly struggled due to their losing the heart of the defence.

They took out Henderson and Fabinho (arguably their best midfielders) and tried to bolster the defence.

Result - the midfield is now nothing like it was last year, (and this impacts the forwards as the balls forward are slower), and the defence has never looked anything like water tight, at least compared to last year.

It might have been better to have left the defence totally weakened, but left the rest of the team in tact.

MIA   

Playing Henderson and Fabinho in defence is not working

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Snow & Warm lazy Summer Days
    4 hours ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

MIA   

I agree, why weaken 2 area's of team, i would prefer a strong midfield to help protect a weak defence, also Liverpool need to stop playing with a high defensive line, none of their current centre backs have great pace so they are vulnerable to the ball over the top, imo one of Henderson or fabhino should always play in midfield, although Henderson has been injured for the last couple of games.

• Like 1
    Posted

Injuries or no injuries, Liverpool should not be losing to anyone and everyone at Anfield fgs.

Posted

Ha ha this is soo funny ūü§£ūüėāūü§£ūüėā

Posted
    50 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Injuries or no injuries, Liverpool should not be losing to anyone and everyone at Anfield fgs.

Mid table team ha ha.

Posted
    2 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Mid table team ha ha.

Yup no champions league next season, hopefully no Europa either.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
    4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

We need you in Europa, otherwise you’ll have a free run at the title with a week to prepare between each game.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
    7 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

That's what I would prefer.  Either finish 4th (which is looking less and less likely) or finish well down in mid table.  I really don't want to have to waste time participating in the Europa next season.

I written off this season a while back.  It all went for us last season, luck/injuries/decisions etc.  This season is the opposite and it's all going against us.  Write off the season, sort out a few imports and exports over the summer, get all the squad match fit again and go again next season, with NO Europa League football.  

Posted
    52 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

We need you in Europa, otherwise you’ll have a free run at the title with a week to prepare between each game.

lol Exactly!  Being out of Europe altogether would be best.

Edited by lassie23
    Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

If it keeps on with Liverpool like it is until the end of the season will Klopp be given the chop.

• Like 1
    Posted
    3 minutes ago, The PIT said:

If it keeps on with Liverpool like it is until the end of the season will Klopp be given the chop.

I actually do fear for his job, but who would you bring in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
    5 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I actually do fear for his job, but who would you bring in.

Steven Gerrard