Snow?

Premier League Discussion

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

Wow Ole the magical tactician, what a manager, completely turned it around. United should of won by more, 2-3 flatters Southampton, they were pretty average(I guess Newcastle just made them look good)

Hahahahahahahahaha.

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Looked like a typical Mourinho's bus parking tactic and Man city lacked any kind of creativity to get anything from the game.

And it was effective, Spurs always looked dangerous on the counter attack and defensively were fairly solid. Jose is just the king at these type of tactics in the big games. Nothing at all wrong with defensive tactics aslong as you got a manager and players knowing how to effectively play it. 

32 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Oh poo! Man Ure 1-0 West Brom.

I guess that Robert de Brus is the referee: if at first you miss (your penalty) try, try and try again. Until you score!😁

To be fair, it was really poor goalkeeping by Johnstone and to compound it, he was well off his line again for the 2nd pen so even if he saved it, it would of been taken again. 

Now Im sure the match reports will say United were unconvincing and West Brom was excellent but that's not how I seen it. United played at a slower tempo on purpose but was always in control of the game especially 2nd half as WBA looked quite toothless for the most part. No need to play too high of a tempo when you got so many games to come either essoecially when your much better than the opposition.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, General Cluster said:

Oh poo! Man Ure 1-0 West Brom.

I guess that Robert de Brus is the referee: if at first you miss (your penalty) try, try and try again. Until you score!😁

To be fair, you'd be pretty peeved if a Spurs penalty was saved with the keeper 2 foot off his line. 

The rules are crystal clear on this and De Gea was penalised not so long ago for it.

Edited by CreweCold
1 hour ago, Nick L said:

Didn't bother attempting to watch our game, what's the point? The system is bent. 

You support West Brom?

To be fair, the penalty for you was 50/50. Could have been a pen and there would have been no complaints. The United penalty you can have no complaints about. Within the guidelines for this season it is a clear handball. I have no sympathy for keepers who won't stay on their line whilst the penalty is taken, I include De Gea in that too! They all know the rules and are paid handsomely enough to play within them.

10 hours ago, Geordiesnow said:

And it was effective, Spurs always looked dangerous on the counter attack and defensively were fairly solid. Jose is just the king at these type of tactics in the big games. Nothing at all wrong with defensive tactics aslong as you got a manager and players knowing how to effectively play it. 

To be fair, it was really poor goalkeeping by Johnstone and to compound it, he was well off his line again for the 2nd pen so even if he saved it, it would of been taken again. 

Now Im sure the match reports will say United were unconvincing and West Brom was excellent but that's not how I seen it. United played at a slower tempo on purpose but was always in control of the game especially 2nd half as WBA looked quite toothless for the most part. No need to play too high of a tempo when you got so many games to come either essoecially when your much better than the opposition.

True and it won't matter I suppose to the fans if they go on to win the league because of it. 

17 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Was worried about this game with r lack of defenders... Need not be though, Jota looking like signing of the season...

Yeah, same here.  Looked at our makeshift defence prior to kick off and had bad thoughts, re Vardy etc but surprisingly, for now, we seem to be holding up relatively well.

One more goal to kill the game off would be nice though.  😜

21 hours ago, Nick L said:

Didn't bother attempting to watch our game, what's the point? The system is bent. 

VAR system? 

Of course people wanted the referee to go to the monitor as they thought that would solve everything but it's still a subjective decision and it's something unless we hear what they are saying we will never know fully understand why Coote changed his mind. 

Got to say, it was poor behaviour from BT to put a cameraman right behind the referees back like that just so we could perhaps hear what they are saying. No idea if Coote even knew there was someone right behind him like that but if he did, it must of been distracting even if it did not look like he was distracted.

Oh btw for all the talk of how exciting the PL is and how the lead at the top keeps changing(I mean of course we are only in single figures in terms of number of games and there is only 1 match played at a time so of course it might alter a bit), the top of the table is looking familier now and the rest of the big 6 will join them soon enough although Arsenal could go either way I feel. Arteta has totally changed their style and it will be interesting how it works out, if Lacazette and Aubumayang start scoring again then they should climb the table as defensively they are looking hard to break down. If they don't and start losing confidence then it could go badly wrong especially with an inexperienced manager in charge. 

22 minutes ago, XanderP007 said:

My Team playing tonight could go 3rd with a win dissapointed in Southampton, we've done too well lol.

No chance kid  3-0  tonight  

16 hours ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Was worried about this game with r lack of defenders... Need not be though, Jota looking like signing of the season...

The bloke needed a dozen chances to put the ball in the net  for us    now  he is banging them in.