Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Premier League Discussion

Posted
    9 hours ago, Geordiesnow said:

I would love to know what coaching Steve Bruce does to his players because it can't be how to play football. The stats are getting more and more embarracing, defensive minded team yet we are first in every stat that goes against us apart from goals conceded.

Hes not a good manager or coach at all and that sums up English managers. Not one of them are good enough, Graham Potter at Brighton may play a nicer way but are quite toothless and if he's the suppose best we got on offer then England are in big trouble. Im not including Frank Lampard because he's already working with top players so he should do well and let's face it, he only got the job at Chelsea because he was a legend, nothing to do with his coaching qualities. 

Bruce has been managing in the prem for years and not once been top of the league, Hussentalhl has been managing in this country for 2 years and already achieved that feat. He turned around that team since that shambolic Leicester defeat, you can't imagine Bruce or any English manager doing that.

No doubt he will get an easy ride in the post match press conference although a local journo may question his tactics again and Bruce gets all defensive about it. 

Maybe a fitter stronger better team just outplayed you? Saints have been superb for months now, even the big 6 biased media are starting to take note. There’s not a better midfielder in the country than ward prowse right now and Che Adams is a beast 

• Like 3
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 10.6k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

Wow Ole the magical tactician, what a manager, completely turned it around. United should of won by more, 2-3 flatters Southampton, they were pretty average(I guess Newcastle just made them look good)

5-1 Spurs 🤣🤣🤣🤣  

Posted Images

Posted
    6 hours ago, saintkip said:

Maybe a fitter stronger better team just outplayed you? Saints have been superb for months now, even the big 6 biased media are starting to take note. There’s not a better midfielder in the country than ward prowse right now and Che Adams is a beast 

It's not just one game though, it's been many games where tactically we looked clueless. I would accept performances like that when they are few and far between but when you play 5 at the back every game and still have the most shots against you in the league then something is wrong. Also our players are not being coached properly as we can barely make any forward passes and even playing sideways seem to bee done in great difficulty. I personally don't think we got enough good players to be playing out from the back in anycase but if Bruce is claiming he's trying to change things then it ain't for the better. 

Under rafa we were defensive(ridiculasly defensive against the top sides) but we had a plan going forward and at the back we were reasonably solid for most games, under Bruce we concede so many chances and just fortunate we have not had a thrashing barring Man United but even then it should of been more than 4-1. 

Speaking of Man United, yet again Ole sticks 2 fingers up to the scum social media and media in general. I have never known such an vandetta against one man in my life. Ole completely out tactic the ever declining Ancelotti, Everton had no answer against Uniteds defence and throughly deserved the win. 

Everton title contenders under Ancelotti, PMSL, Ole got more chance of winning the league than he does. They are a upper mid table club for a reason, will win quite a few games but will always fall short and likely to drop points to teams you would not expect. 

I guess Southampton will now be the media darlings of winning the league. 🤭 To be fair, saints away form is fantastic and their home form is improving again so they could be top 4 challengers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Gabriel Jesus!

This has to be the most laughable interpretation of the offside rule I've ever seen!😬

_115279110_bamford1.jpg
    WWW.BBC.CO.UK

It has been described as "the worst decision in the history of football" but did Leeds' Patrick Bamford have a goal...

PS: Can we have the 'head-banging' smiley back... Pretty please?

Edited by General Cluster
    • Thanks 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, Ice days, warm sunny days.
    51 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

Gabriel Jesus!

This has to be the most laughable interpretation of the offside rule I've ever seen!😬

_115279110_bamford1.jpg
    WWW.BBC.CO.UK

It has been described as "the worst decision in the history of football" but did Leeds' Patrick Bamford have a goal...

PS: Can we have the 'head-banging' smiley back... Pretty please?

It's madness..  Those VAR officials are completely bonkers.. Seriously? You'd have to be a complete fruitcake to say that was offside with the technology at one's disposal.

That penalty Chelsea got in midweek was a joke decision as well with the player getting sent off because the ball deflected onto his hands🤣

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorm.

Southampton are doing so well that still nobody recognises us at least no one in the premier league hates us

• Like 1
    Posted
    12 minutes ago, hamilton and weather fan 1 said:

Southampton are doing so well that still nobody recognises us at least no one in the premier league hates us

It hasn't gone unnoticed, hawf.. It's just too early to come to any conclusion yet.

It's where you finish is what counts.👍

• Like 1
    Posted

Yessssss!😁

TeamPGDPts

1Tottenham81017

2Southampton8416

3Liverpool7216

4Chelsea81015

5Leicester7815

6Everton8213

7Crystal Palace8013

8Wolves7013

9Aston Villa6612

10Arsenal7212

11West Ham8411

12Man City6111

13Newcastle8-311

14Man Utd7-210

15Leeds8-310

16Brighton8-36

17Fulham8-84

18West Brom8-113

19Burnley7-92

20Sheff Utd8-101

• Like 3
    Posted

After a poor first half, Tottenham were excellent in that 2nd half, a PROPER manager who can tactically change the course of a game which he did. West Brom could describe the defeat as unlucky but you can see why they are near the bottom of the league but no doubt the media will say if West Brom play like that every week they will be fine but football never works that way. 

• Like 1
    Posted

Breaking news!

Due to covid-19 the PL has decided, in the last few mins, to finish this season's PL, before matches later today were due to take place.

In light of this decision Spurs are the new PL champions, for season 20/21.🍾

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1
    Posted

We'll see what you guys are made of in your next three PL games😉

Posted

Did anyone see Tierney's nifty footwork yesterday?

That was bizarre.. Funniest blooper I've seen in a while 😄🙈

Posted
    On 08/11/2020 at 13:56, General Cluster said:

Yessssss!😁

TeamPGDPts

1Tottenham81017

2Southampton8416

3Liverpool7216

4Chelsea81015

5Leicester7815

6Everton8213

7Crystal Palace8013

8Wolves7013

9Aston Villa6612

10Arsenal7212

11West Ham8411

12Man City6111

13Newcastle8-311

14Man Utd7-210

15Leeds8-310

16Brighton8-36

17Fulham8-84

18West Brom8-113

19Burnley7-92

20Sheff Utd8-101

Well that lasted long. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Greg Clarke has resigned as FA chairman after using the term "coloured footballers" while speaking to MPs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Is the above member a news feed 'bot' everytime beats, but kinda repeats Samsung Galaxy upday alerts

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
    Posted
    2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Is the above member a news feed 'bot' everytime beats, but kinda repeats Samsung Galaxy upday alerts

No because they've had a few status updates about thier life i think. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm/hot plumes, snow, anything severe
    On 09/11/2020 at 18:24, D.V.R said:

Did anyone see Tierney's nifty footwork yesterday?

That was bizarre.. Funniest blooper I've seen in a while 😄🙈

Autobots: Roll out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Liverpool's defensive problems have taken another blow today with Joe Gomez sufferin a potentially serious injury during England training.

skysports-joe-gomez-england_5168875.jpg?
    WWW.SKYSPORTS.COM

Joe Gomez was a first-team regular for Liverpool last season as Jurgen Klopp's side ended the club's 30-year wait for a Premier...

Posted

Come on Man Ure... Stick with Ole!:drunk-emoji:

_115449540_ogs-index.jpg
    WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Manchester United remain "absolutely committed" to manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, says executive vice-chairman...

Posted
    On 14/11/2020 at 11:34, General Cluster said:

Come on Man Ure... Stick with Ole!:drunk-emoji:

_115449540_ogs-index.jpg
    WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Manchester United remain "absolutely committed" to manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, says executive vice-chairman...

And rightly so, he will be a top manager imo, he shown he can turned it around many times before and he's building a very good side. 

They can always have Steve Bruce... Yes the steve bruce who has achieved NOTHING as a PL manager and never will as his mentality against the "big teams" as he calls them is very poor. I mean what on earth was that first half was about, he done NOTHING to change it during  the half, he's a very poor manager and the stats are proving that. 

And of course Big Andy comes on but he takes off our most creative player, admittedly he was fairly quiet in the 2nd half but your basically admitting defeat with that sub. Nobody knows the thinking behind that sub so in the end we had 2 players upfront who can't score in Carrol and Joelinton. 

I do accept we have got a very poor team also mind, the team that McClaren took down should never get relegated but poor management and lack of confidence was to blame for that. I have never seen a Newcastle team lacking an ability of making forward passes with accuracy, even Steve Mcmannaman was noticing how negative we are but it's what we been watching alot for the past few years. That's down to the manager and the players we got, remember Bruce was delighted with his transfer business with us signing a player from Burnley who can't get a game for us atm and a few players from teams who have been relegated. All on the cheap and only Wilson is looking decent. Fraser looks alright but he's going to be one of those injury prone players for sure. 

Meanwhile the way Chelsea play and can play is a joy to watch, whilst Steve is signing players from clubs who been relegated, Frank is getting top quality and they look a real force. They still look a little vulnable at the back but their goalie will save them alot of points. I do hope they win the league just to get an English manager actually winning it. 

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm/hot plumes, snow, anything severe

We are now top of the league. *

*For only 24 hours

• Like 1
    Posted

I've been following the Mighty Spurs, since 1967... and I can count on one hand, the number of times we've stayed top, for more than twenty-four hours!😁

• Like 1