Premier League Discussion

What happened there?! I went out for a few minutes Spurs we're in control.......................clearly there's no such thing as a defence in any of the games this season!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

WEATHER WARNING IN NORTH LONDON. Massive dust storm hits North London as contractors enter Tottenham Hotspur's Trophy room;

So you're happy to stand with them, but at the same time would boo their national anthem, a bit contradictory I think?   Fwiw, I don't agree with the anthem being played before prem games either, as

Posted Images

8 hours ago, General Cluster said:

I'm not sure that the red card was entirely unjust, Crewe... it was after all deliberate contact with an opponent's face...? That said, why didn't Lamela get two yellows(= one red): one for the nasty tackle and one for his blatant simulation?

And, for Gawd's sake, scrap that ridiculous handball rule... it's ruining the beautiful game!🥵 

Agree, but the whole incident was a farce. Either both see red or neither. I personally think a yellow apiece would have sufficed.

Officiating this season has been nothing short of woeful and I'm not too sure I'm seeing the point of VAR.

Edited by CreweCold

Liverpool looking frail at the back now. Never replaced lovren,  van dijk out for a long time. Gomez and Matip both injury prone. Fabinho can play at CB but he's also injury prone and playing out of position there. Window opens on Jan 1st. 

I think Liverpool may revert back to all out attack under klopp like they used to before they bought Allison. The team is stronger now than then so who knows. Anyway their games will more than likely have more goals going forward bar Villa game ha.

12 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Yeah, maybe the fans should be kept out if this is the football served up without them!

Fans can either ignite a team into action or make them cagey and nervous, without them it just seems to be free flowing football. The people behind VAR are still trying to ruing the game though, how many clubs have been robbed of points by dumb 1 mm offside rulings? I like the way that just because Dijk was offside VAR totally ignored a red card tackle. WTF is going on with the people in charge of VAR?

Bad news for Everton fans

The FA say Jordan Pickford will face no retrospective action following the Everton FC v. Liverpool FC fixture on Saturday [17/10/20] as the incident was seen by the match officials at the time.

• Confused 1
18 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Yeah, maybe the fans should be kept out if this is the football served up without them!

really..im just not enjoying this empty stadium no atmosphere situation..you would think i would be happy to see West Ham come back from 3 down in the last 10 mins..but its just a false reality...would that have happended with 60,000 fans there?..nope..only people who must be happy are the bookies because you cant get close to making the right predictions in this world.

7 hours ago, Donegal said:

Bad news for Everton fans

The FA say Jordan Pickford will face no retrospective action following the Everton FC v. Liverpool FC fixture on Saturday [17/10/20] as the incident was seen by the match officials at the time.

Wow! That statement right there serves as proof that human beings can exist without a brain.

3 hours ago, jtay said:

Here we go again...

Who would have thunk it. Only a week after being told to Swearing AGAIN off with their 'Top six' forever b*llox.

Like they don't play enough tournaments already .. How are they expecting to fit this into their schedule? 

I suppose not taking part in domestic cup games (which has lost the excitement) would free up space, but they already have two European cup competitions? And i thought they were concerned about players walfare? ..apparently not when there's huge financial gains involved.

9 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Like they don't play enough tournaments already .. How are they expecting to fit this into their schedule? 

I suppose not taking part in domestic cup games (which has lost the excitement) would free up space, but they already have two European cup competitions? And i thought they were concerned about players walfare? ..apparently not when there's huge financial gains involved.

34 European nights a year. Not going to do much for climate change. 

Just pure greed.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Rumour has it just 74 people paid to watch West Brom v Burnley yesterday afternoon on Box office

The question has to be why would you put West Brom v Burnley on Box Office anyway?

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, D.V.R said:

A European super league has been on the cards for the last 30yrs, unfortunately the TV money and huge involvement of the Arabs is taking top level football away from the real fans. I have been around football for 50yrs, slept with my team shirt on with a football at the end of the bed as a kid etc. In the 70s / 80s I could knock on a 1st division players door and get their autograph or go to the training ground and meet some of my childhood hero's - You can't do that today, players and clubs are so remote, and Euro Super league will only increase that.  

I think my generation has had the best out of football, yes the FA Cup has lost some of its allure, but I have been lucky to have been involved in a club who's smallest crowd was '60' and largest viewing crowd over 100 million for a FA Cup tie, and actually been there. - I don't think todays generation of football fan will see that level of involvement again - Its really quite sad, football isn't played on a 60inch LCD plastic screen 😒 

Edited by HighPressure