Snow?

Premier League Discussion

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

Wow Ole the magical tactician, what a manager, completely turned it around. United should of won by more, 2-3 flatters Southampton, they were pretty average(I guess Newcastle just made them look good)

5-1 Spurs 🤣🤣🤣🤣  

Posted Images

Just now, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

Yep cant see anyone paying it when you can just stream so the whole thing will just back fire on the prem...

The PL need to be very careful here... fans could end up boycotting when they're allowed back in if greed gets the better of them.

3 hours ago, D.V.R said:

The Merseyside derby was a total farce today.. That was ridiculous officiating 🤬

Officiating has been torrid for a while now. Before the international break we were victim of it when Martial got sent off but Lamela didn't.

2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Officiating has been torrid for a while now. Before the international break we were victim of it when Martial got sent off but Lamela didn't.

Yeah, I saw it.. it's all bo***cks!

28 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Virgil Van Dijk out for the season according to BeIn Sport. They're saying ACL injury.

That's pi**ed me right off.. Disgusting tackle by Pickford and VAR didn't think to check it out.. WTF is going on?

I swear there some kind of biased decisions taking place with these VAR officials?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

4-1, confidence rose after going 2-1 up. Good performance.

Good performance... It was a bloody world class performance with a very talented young squad, absolutely outplayed us and that scoreline is more than justified. Pleased for Ole, does not deserve the treatment the press gives him. 

As for us, completely shambolic, would be criminal to escape with a 1 1 draw. Too me managers should be judges on stats and the facts are, Bruce is the worst manager in the PL with a shoddy win percentage. The fact he keeps saying we wish to play differently is downright lies and whilst playing defensively I don't have an issue with, not changing it tactically during a match is criminal really. 

Now in his interview, if he mentions Man united as the big boys and the scoreline flattered them then he deserves to get sacked. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Entertaining game, nice Man u goals, shame Newcastle keeper only had one leg towards the end! Imo Utd look better with Mata playing, and improved when Vdb came on.

Mata probably has the best footballing brain of any of our players. Really intelligent player. Just a shame he never had the physical attributes to match...otherwise he would have been one of the best players in the world during his career.

1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

VDB looks a class player with his one touch passing...no idea how he isn't starting.

Impressed with him, I honestly thought United did not really need much strengthening, yous looked impressive in the second half of the season and can be a match ffor any team in the division. United record against the top sides is quite solid so I would not rule out a title push especially if other teams do drop more points this season. 

Just now, Geordiesnow said:

Impressed with him, I honestly thought United did not really need much strengthening, yous looked impressive in the second half of the season and can be a match ffor any team in the division. United record against the top sides is quite solid so I would not rule out a title push especially if other teams do drop more points this season. 

I have reservations about Ole's management. The 6-1 loss to Tottenham showed some tactical naivety (albeit not helped by a completely unjust red card). 

25 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

I have reservations about Ole's management. The 6-1 loss to Tottenham showed some tactical naivety (albeit not helped by a completely unjust red card). 

The red card changed the game and heads dropped, maybe a bit nieve but when everything clicks, United are a very good side to watch and Ole deserves credit for turning things around after a difficult first half of the season. 

Put it this way, you could always have Steve Bruce in charge, the manager who got a win percentage in the PL of 28%, the worse in the league after a certain number of games, never finished higher than 10th and possession wise and loads of other stats wise, we were the worse in the whole league and there is good reason why he has never been linked with the top jobs. 

This is a manager who is delighted with getting a free transfer from Burnley and signing 2 players from a side who has been relegated. 

Some sections of the media(mostly local) can see through him and he does not like it and gets very defensive if things are too negative by saying "This is typical of managing Newcastle". He will barely last 5 mins if he managed a true big club and have to deal with media scrutinity to the extent Ole has too. 

51 minutes ago, Geordiesnow said:

Some sections of the media(mostly local) can see through him and he does not like it and gets very defensive if things are too negative by saying "This is typical of managing Newcastle". He will barely last 5 mins if he managed a true big club and have to deal with media scrutinity to the extent Ole has too. 

Oh wow. Just watched Bruce's post match press conference and boy he had an easy ride(with one journo suggested the scoreline was harsh! - of course Bruce thinks that too) but then the last question came from a local journo and you could tell he was annoyed with the question of fans thought he should be more attack minded against a vulnable United side. Now it was predictable we would have less possession but the more positive side should be making changes to stem the flow of attacks from the opposition and get a foothold in the game. Bruce did not do that, you accept you can have one bad half(and boy we do have many of them) but good managers change things and even if you have less possession you should not concede that many chances still but of course the 2nd half was a carbon copy of the first half which just meant nothing significant was altered. 

As I say nothing wrong with playing defensively(it's the only way we can play) but if your playing defensive and give away 28 shots to your opponant then tactically you got it hopelessly wrong somewhere. 

13 hours ago, CreweCold said:

I'm not sure that the red card was entirely unjust, Crewe... it was after all deliberate contact with an opponent's face...? That said, why didn't Lamela get two yellows(= one red): one for the nasty tackle and one for his blatant simulation?

And, for Gawd's sake, scrap that ridiculous handball rule... it's ruining the beautiful game!🥵 

Not a bad game today Blades V Fulham Blades bossed the first half Fulham 2nd. Lucky pen for the blades but a long long struggle for Blades this season. Unlikely to stay up unless they can score more.