Premier League Discussion

Just now, lassie23 said:

I think if you have 3 or more players affected then games should be abandoned

Trouble is, we will either be playing into August again next year with backlog etc or the club that's got the Covid problem will be forced to forfeit the points which won't be fair.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many neutrals who so lauded up last seasons triumph will be hoping Leicester get relegated now. I certainly will, that will teach the selfish owners and lazy players a lesson. By the end of Sunday

So you're happy to stand with them, but at the same time would boo their national anthem, a bit contradictory I think?   Fwiw, I don't agree with the anthem being played before prem games either, as

WEATHER WARNING IN NORTH LONDON. Massive dust storm hits North London as contractors enter Tottenham Hotspur's Trophy room;

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, AWD said:

Trouble is, we will either be playing into August again next year with backlog etc or the club that's got the Covid problem will be forced to forfeit the points which won't be fair.

We may even go into lockdown again soon anyway

1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

We may even go into lockdown again soon anyway

I doubt the elite football leagues, like the Premier League, will be affected though.

The PL pay for their own private testing as I understand it, so it's probably one of the more safer things to be doing at the moment.

1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

was going to post this, season will be postponed soon

I can see it happening because of the players spreading the virus to other squad members and nationally, Covid cases are now higher than during the lockdown, only difference is that it is affecting the country in clusters rather than across the board

Just now, Zak M said:

Adrian is probably going to get fined now for letting more than 6 in.

deflections were unfortunate but he deserves it for being crap lol

• Like 2
12 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Disgraceful red card decision and disgraceful reaction by Lamela. I'd be embarrassed if that was a United player acting like that. Either send both off or neither.

In terms of our performance...A complete disgrace.

Agree and hate to see that type of thing.Both were just yellows but if you send one off you have to send both off.Lamela’s reaction to just a little tap in the mouth that really disappoints and infuriates me.What also annoys me is the reckless and disgraceful assault by Shaw on Lucas!!😡.Yes it is born out of frustration but is a red all day long!,

Other than that thought we played well after a dreadful start and we finally played with pace and tempo.Harry and Son were exceptional in speed of thought and play.Two weeks ago I thought we looked a mid table team but signs were there against Newcastle when we should have won comfortably before VAR intervened.We are work in progress but feel top 6 is achievable,possibly top 4 but let’s see.

COYS !!

• Like 3

Its all very well have  goals galore   but the defending this year as been shambolic.   Gomez  yesterday turned into Mr Bean    West Ham put 4 past us last week   and won again by   3   Utd shipping goals    Same for City .     Gonna be a starnge season this year  thats for sure. 

10 minutes ago, weirpig said:

Its all very well have  goals galore   but the defending this year as been shambolic.   Gomez  yesterday turned into Mr Bean    West Ham put 4 past us last week   and won again by   3   Utd shipping goals    Same for City .     Gonna be a starnge season this year  thats for sure. 

Aye, wolves this week only 1-0! will be a weird season with no real home advantage or is there? the Villa result

6 hours ago, weirpig said:

does anyone else think that these strange results and goals flying in all over the place..is partly due to playing in empty stadiums?..there is something to be said for playing in front of a crowd in terms of pressure and concentration levels

Edited by cheeky_monkey
25 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

does anyone else think that these strange results and goals flying in all over the place..is partly due to playing in empty stadiums?..there is something to be said for playing in front of a crowd in terms of pressure and concentration levels

100%

17 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Other factors no doubt include the huge increase in penelties that has so far been given as of course if they score the penelty, the other team has to attack more to get back into the game. Teams playing such a high line at ridiculas points in the game, I mean Villas 7th goal is just ridiculas, the defence was still on the half way line, terrible tactics by Klopp, just let Villa have the ball and ask them to break you down to prevent the score getting even more embarracing and who knows, it might cost them the title on goal difference for all we know. You also have to say, some of the attacking players we have in the PL are real quality, thevSon/Kane partnership, I mean when these two gel together, they are unplayable. Son should get way more recognition than he does really. 

Sometimes when you see a league with a high goals per game, it can be misleading as it usually means quite alot of one sided thrashings but there has been some competivness in these high scorelines and sometimes it's the smaller team giving it to the bigger team which for neutrals is way more interesting. 

The thing the PL which always let's itself down is the closed shop aspect of the league(and the cups competitions also for that matter) , I don't think it's good for the league that virtually most pundits predict a top 6 and you know they will be accurate which teams will be in that top 6. Even last year 5 of the big 6 was in those spots and there was more upsets last season but still not enough. Too me having the big 4 and now big 6 dominating the top end of the league for 20 years is worse than having the same side winning the league every year but in fairness at least the PL has more variety in terms of who wins the league. 

18 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

Yep. Was saying this at the weekend. Pressure's off.

Perhaps the difference in quality isn't that great between the prem clubs. Just how they handle the crowd. I go down to Saints quite a bit and they've been awful at home. They actually won a home game at the weekend.

Neil Warnock was also on FiveLive last night saving that he's enjoying it, as he can coach his players throughout the game. Not a chance with the crowd there.

On 06/10/2020 at 03:16, jtay said:

Yep. Was saying this at the weekend. Pressure's off.

Perhaps the difference in quality isn't that great between the prem clubs. Just how they handle the crowd. I go down to Saints quite a bit and they've been awful at home. They actually won a home game at the weekend.

Neil Warnock was also on FiveLive last night saving that he's enjoying it, as he can coach his players throughout the game. Not a chance with the crowd there.

i never played anything like PL standard but have played in front of a few hundred up to 3000 on one occasion ..you definitely approach a game differently when there are people watching you and giving you jip or encouragement throughout.. i played markedly better under those conditions

Edited by cheeky_monkey